McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

I've already expressed my concerns in that part of the world!  ;)

Just because Micky Harte is proclaimed as the saviour of The McKenna Cup, doesn't mean he should be allowed to destroy it again!!??

If all the counties followed suit, the universities would provide no competiton for the inter county teams, thus removing the McKenna cup's new found glamour & removing a decent platform to test fringe squad players & potential new panelists.

I admire your support of Micky Harte all the same! It'll be some joke if any of the 4 lads don't now make the Tyrone panel, & are consequently dropped from their uni sigerson squad!

Over the Bar

Quote& are consequently dropped from their uni sigerson squad!

anyone good enough to pull on the red hand jersey wont have to worry about a sigerson place

Uladh

Does that include u21s?

I Guarantee there will be tyrone (and other county) players warming the bench come sigerson time.

Over the Bar

QuoteI Guarantee there will be tyrone (and other county) players warming the bench come sigerson time

Warming the bench is inclusion in the squad in any man's language.

MrC

Has the Armagh team for Sunday been named yet?

The Donegal team won't be named until just before throw-in, due to a couple of injury concerns.
'Sam's For The Hills' - Anthony Molloy, 20th September 1992

Uladh

My assumption is that any county player worth his salt, certainly the exalted tyrone county players, would regard a place on their Sigerson team as a starting place....

Goats Do Shave

My point would be that if Paddy Tally is as "bitter" as some would lead us to believe....then what's to stop him not including young McCarron...due to his apparant snub in this comp, to his uni - just to be "bitter"?

stew

Quote from: Redhandfan on January 25, 2007, 10:35:11 PM
Mickey Harte will be proved right in relation to the "University Four".  Tis better that they played one McKenna Cup game for the Master Harte than three McKenna Cup games for miserable Mickey Moran and bitter Paddy Tally.

The Tyrone manager did what he had to do for the good of the County squad.  Fair play to him.

By the way, I am touched by the concern shown towards the "University Four" by Armagh poster Goats Do Shave.  I wonder will he be brave enough to repeat his comments the next time he visits Drumlee!

Just like you would be brave enough to tell Gerard Houlihan that you enjoyed seeing him getting his head stamped on during a game many moons ago!

Hypocrite.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Redhandfan

Quote from: stew on January 26, 2007, 04:07:01 PM
Just like you would be brave enough to tell Gerard Houlihan that you enjoyed seeing him getting his head stamped on during a game many moons ago!

Hypocrite.

stew, your ludicrous posts would suggest that Mr Houlahan was not the only man to get his head stamped on during a game.  Who were you playing for at the time....Longstone F.C.?

I wish you would also show the ex-Armagh All-Star some respect by spelling his name correctly.  It is the least the man deserves after years of great service to the Orchard County.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Right lads and lassies, predictions for tomorrow???

I think it will be a tight low scoring game, Dun na nGall to shave it by two points!  ;D
Tbc....

Over the Bar

QuoteRight lads and lassies, predictions for tomorrow???

Based on the referee's first half performance he obviously has a side bet on Armagh! lol!  HAs to be the worst refereeing display I've seen this year!

Cloc Mor

Some unreal decisions.  Very erratic refereeing and consistently inconsistent.  Is it any wonder players get frustrated when you see the like of this?

J70

I could only listen on Highland, but it sounded like Donegal made hard work of that! Will many of those Armagh players be close to a starting spot?

On the bright side, McMenamin did well.

Was Cassidy's tackle that bad?

ziggysego

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 28, 2007, 12:23:25 AM
Right lads and lassies, predictions for tomorrow???

I think it will be a tight low scoring game, Dun na nGall to shave it by two points!  ;D

Well done mate. Hit the nail on the head there!
Testing Accessibility

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Now, no gloating.

Anyhow, onto the National League now.

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"