McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uselessfootballer

After the results on the feild over the w/e it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that this is the action the Ulster Council would take. They can now claim to be all tough and decisive whilst their action means nothing.

realredhandfan

Only fair to let the lads play for their county from now on doodes

Sandy Hill

They can now claim to be all tough ........   

Indeed they can't!
"Stercus accidit"

David McKeown

What I can't understand is if Tyrone were docked two points, why werent they also docked their scoring average from the game?   Docking their scoring average I believe would have resulted in them failing to make the knock out stage. Why have Tyrone still been allowed to benefit from the rule breaking?  In my opinion Tyrone either shouldnt have been penalised at all or should have been removed from the competition. This half way house is something I can see coming back to hurt the Ulster council later in the year.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Orior

Also Hickey Marte says he would do the same thing again. Not much of a punishment then eh?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

How could they punish Tyrone? They single-handly revived the Dr. McKenna Cup.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Yes, in fact it should be renamed the Dr Tyrone Cup.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

QuoteThey single-handly revived the Dr. McKenna Cup.

their main contribution to the GAA, in fact.

QuoteYes, in fact it should be renamed the Dr Tyrone Cup.

or perhaps the Tyrone doctored cup.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Norf Tyrone

I am usually pro-Mickey Harte, but surely this has now prooven to be an extremely detrimental course of action with respect to the 4 'college' lads. Instead of getting 3 games with their university, they have got 2 for their County!
I take they will not be permitted to playin the remaining games.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 24, 2007, 11:00:20 PM
I am usually pro-Mickey Harte, but surely this has now prooven to be an extremely detrimental course of action with respect to the 4 'college' lads. Instead of getting 3 games with their university, they have got 2 for their County!
I take they will not be permitted to playin the remaining games.

They only got one for the county...but I'm sure he got a good look at them!  ::)

ziggysego

They had a choice, wasn't as if they were forced onto the Tyrone team.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

QuoteThey only got one for the county...but I'm sure he got a good look at them!

Sorry for the typo, I meant 1.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 25, 2007, 09:48:25 AM
QuoteThey only got one for the county...but I'm sure he got a good look at them!
Sorry for the typo, I meant 1.

Don't be worrying Norf. You're in good company. Gaelic Life does it all the time.

Redhandfan

Mickey Harte will be proved right in relation to the "University Four".  Tis better that they played one McKenna Cup game for the Master Harte than three McKenna Cup games for miserable Mickey Moran and bitter Paddy Tally.

The Tyrone manager did what he had to do for the good of the County squad.  Fair play to him.

By the way, I am touched by the concern shown towards the "University Four" by Armagh poster Goats Do Shave.  I wonder will he be brave enough to repeat his comments the next time he visits Drumlee!

realredhandfan

I believe all of them lads wanted and preferred to try out for their county end of.. Its not about the polytechniques.  its about whats good for Tyrone football.