McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Even Paddy Tally sees sense in Harte's stance, as do Crozier and McEnaney. UUJ's victory today means that the chance of Unis not competing next year in this competition are slim. Mickey has played this spot on. He has 4 players who'll definitely make the panel playing for the Unis, players he knows will make the grade and has recalled 3 who he's not as clear about. As manager of the Tyrone team, he is fulfilling the job requirements satisfactorily.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Uladh

O'Neill doesn't know what he's talking about but sure what's new?

In Ulster anyway, the universities are invited to compete in the mckenna cup and do so of their own accord. this was introduced as a revamp to the previously stale mckenna cup.

talk as much shite as you like but the competition is better for the participation of the universities and will remain so unless more managers regauge their own self worth and follow harte's lead.

ONeill

Ach Uladh are you still at the childish stuff/obsession with me? I'd thought you'd given that up after last time!! A young pup never knows when to stop eating his own...

I'm sure Mickey knows what i'm on about and would call the Ulster Council's bluff if they acted. I'd imagine that's why the authorities are dragging their heels.

The universities have added absolutely nothing to this, apart from 'something different' . Their attendances are the worst (the Tyrone v St Mary's game last year was the lowest Tyrone attendance i've seen in years) and as with the Derry player who was left in Limbo this year, it just muddies the waters.

Cloc Mor

QuoteEven Paddy Tally sees sense in Harte's stance, as do Crozier and McEnaney. UUJ's victory today means that the chance of Unis not competing next year in this competition are slim. Mickey has played this spot on. He has 4 players who'll definitely make the panel playing for the Unis, players he knows will make the grade and has recalled 3 who he's not as clear about. As manager of the Tyrone team, he is fulfilling the job requirements satisfactorily.

QuoteEven Paddy Tally sees sense in Harte's stance, as do Crozier and McEnaney.
To make such a statement as this O'Neill, you obviously have this assurance first hand then?

ONeill

Yes, as do 1000s of others who read his interview this week.

Uladh

your impliation is that the ranch are somehow forced to enter this competition, which is total shite. the ulster council have no sway over universities and cannot force them to do anything.

your repeated point that the unis bring nothing to the competition betrays once again your complete ignorance of the game of football. i assume you haven't attended a single mckenna cup game as usual.

the next time your having a conversation with mickey, tell him not to be such a w**ker and leave his grudge against tally behind him.

Cloc Mor

QuoteEven Paddy Tally sees sense in Harte's stance, as do Crozier and McEnaney.
Not talking about an article in a paper.  You obviously have been speaking to him directly, O Neill, to make a statement like this

Josey Whales

Very high opinion of your own opinions Uladh- maybe some of us have a different opinion that's why it's called a forum- if you want to have one with you as the only poster- set up your own. I don't think they add any value to the competition and i'm entitled to that view. I know if i was a county manager and i wanted to see a player i wasn't sure about in action i'd want to see him in action for the county side- because how are you supposed to know if he's good enough?

ONeill

Quote from: Uladh on January 14, 2007, 08:04:29 PM
your impliation is that the ranch are somehow forced to enter this competition, which is total shite. the ulster council have no sway over universities and cannot force them to do anything.

your repeated point that the unis bring nothing to the competition betrays once again your complete ignorance of the game of football. i assume you haven't attended a single mckenna cup game as usual.

the next time your having a conversation with mickey, tell him not to be such a w**ker and leave his grudge against tally behind him.

Mmmm, will someone close the door of the creche on the way out....you're 100% correct in everything Uladh.

reddgnhand

When does a player become a "county player"? Up to today Cavanagh and McCaul had not played for the county. If they had played for their Universities then when could they be classed as "County players"? Mickey released his established players so i cant see anything wrong in what he is doing.   

Cloc Mor

QuoteWhen does a player become a "county player"? Up to today Cavanagh and McCaul had not played for the county. If they had played for their Universities then when could they be classed as "County players"? Mickey released his established players so i cant see anything wrong in what he is doing. 

So neither of these players have EVER played for Tyrone (at any level).  You don't know them very well then.

ONeill

See what your dealing with, reddgnhand. As I said, best to close the door. Past the bed-time.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Cloc Mor on January 14, 2007, 09:10:47 PM
QuoteWhen does a player become a "county player"? Up to today Cavanagh and McCaul had not played for the county. If they had played for their Universities then when could they be classed as "County players"? Mickey released his established players so i cant see anything wrong in what he is doing. 

So neither of these players have EVER played for Tyrone (at any level).  You don't know them very well then.

I know damn well who these guy's are. I never said at any "level". I am talking about senior level and you know that. All i am saying is, if they had chosen to play for their University how could they then be classed as county(senior) players ?

Uladh

Whether a player had or had not previously played county football is irrelevent to this discussion. the rules are that the unis name their panels and any player named for a uni may not participate for another team in the competition. up until today, no rules had actually been broken as none of the 3 had played in the competition elsewhere.

tyrone enter the competition the same as everyone else with a full understanding of the rules then decide they want to change them. what next? compulsary free kicks for players under 5 ft?

reddgnhand

Quote from: Uladh on January 14, 2007, 10:07:33 PM

Whether a player had or had not previously played county football is irrelevent to this discussion. the rules are that the unis name their panels and any player named for a uni may not participate for another team in the competition. up until today, no rules had actually been broken as none of the 3 had played in the competition elsewhere.

tyrone enter the competition the same as everyone else with a full understanding of the rules then decide they want to change them. what next? compulsary free kicks for players under 5 ft?

What about the players themselves? Should they not be allowed to choose who they play for?