McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fíor Gael

[/quote]

Orangeman, Carr is using the comments shrewdly to accelerate Down's progress and drive them on to greater things. He doesn't want his team to be caught in the headlights on Saturday. The only fear is that with all the recent matches Carr's team will run out of petrol.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Never kicked a ball  you are totally rippin the ass out of the Car metaphor :D

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Fíor Gael on January 24, 2008, 03:27:47 PM

Orangeman, Carr is using the comments shrewdly to accelerate Down's progress and drive them on to greater things. He doesn't want his team to be caught in the headlights on Saturday. The only fear is that with all the recent matches Carr's team will run out of petrol.
Never kicked a ball  you are totally rippin the ass out of the Car metaphor :D

There was a thread last year about the headlines the newspapers could use for Carr and Down such as "Down's Carr crash out" etc. I don't think that will happen especially after their recent MOT in Spain.

never kickt a ball

Down v Cavan at Newry:
Fast forward to second page and the bring it forward to 8:16 mins

http://u.tv/utvlive_stream/asx/20080123-hi.asx

ExiledGael

Quite amazingly I notice a report from last night's semi-final in today's Newsletter!!? When the hell did all this start?
I know we've seen a lot of momentous occassions in the last few years up north, but this is incredible!

Leo

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 24, 2008, 05:34:29 PM
Down v Cavan at Newry:

Once again the TV camera is positioned in the stand showing an almost empty terrace opposite. The GAA piss me off with this lazy attitude to presentation. UTV, TG4 or anybody else should be told that their rights to coverage are subject to getting the best presentation - so the large attendance in the stand should be the backdrop.
A special TV gantry has been built into the Town Terrace at Elser for this very purpose but these buggers dont want to use it for selfish reasons. The game belongs to the GAA and they need to start calling the shots.
Hacked off big time as I have been harping on about this for years.
Fierce tame altogether

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 24, 2008, 09:52:47 PM
Quite amazingly I notice a report from last night's semi-final in today's Newsletter!!? When the hell did all this start?
I know we've seen a lot of momentous occassions in the last few years up north, but this is incredible!

Also a full page spread on Armagh ladies captain Bronagh O'Donnell. Times are a changin

ExiledGael

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Leo on January 24, 2008, 11:17:41 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 24, 2008, 05:34:29 PM
Down v Cavan at Newry:

Once again the TV camera is positioned in the stand showing an almost empty terrace opposite. The GAA piss me off with this lazy attitude to presentation. UTV, TG4 or anybody else should be told that their rights to coverage are subject to getting the best presentation - so the large attendance in the stand should be the backdrop.
A special TV gantry has been built into the Town Terrace at Elser for this very purpose but these buggers dont want to use it for selfish reasons. The game belongs to the GAA and they need to start calling the shots.
Hacked off big time as I have been harping on about this for years.

UTV coverage of the Derry V Fermanagh match on following. Fast forward to the second page and then fast forward to 4:50 mins:

http://u.tv/utvlive_stream/asx/20080124-hi.asx

Looks like there is no one at this match either whereas there was over 2000 at it

ExiledGael

Cameras all lined up at the back of the stand beside press box. Looks like a good enough facility on the opposite side of the firld in Omagh.
IF they had any interest in the real promotion of our games, or IF the GAA would use their brains and order them to do so, it would surely have been possible to film from that side of the ground and show the few thousand that attended as well.

western exile

I could not agree with you all any more re TV shots excluding the crowds.  I have been whinging about that for years!

Leo

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 24, 2008, 11:38:07 PM
Cameras all lined up at the back of the stand beside press box. Looks like a good enough facility on the opposite side of the firld in Omagh.
IF they had any interest in the real promotion of our games, or IF the GAA would use their brains and order them to do so, it would surely have been possible to film from that side of the ground and show the few thousand that attended as well.

I wrote to TG4 about this lat year and got a wooly reply about resources etc.
Three recet games at Esler Park where the purpose built gantry opposite the stand is has power, ducting etc in place - unused because aan amateur camera crew want to be beside their mates from the print media in the press box.
My main point is that the GAA are at fault.
Fierce tame altogether

Blacksheep

Is the McKenna final on live and if so which channel please? I can't get setanta Ireland so hopefully it's on TG4.

There's no way I'm going to Belfast on a Saturday night for a mis-matched friendly like this. Derry to win by at least 8 pts.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

never kickt a ball

Saturday: TG4
19:15 - 21:15
UTC GAA Beo
Craoladh beo ar Chluiche Ceannais Chorn Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna. Á chur i láthair ag Micheál Ó Domhnaill agus tráchtaireacht le Brian Tyers.
Live coverage of the Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup Football Final. Presented by Micheál Ó Domhnaill with commentary by Brian Tyers.

Blacksheep

Great! I can watch it in the local before heading out.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Don