McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

You will get the match here:

http://www.fivefm.co.uk/

You need to Download the Orban plug in first to enable you to listen.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Armagh4SamAgain

Down bate Cavan by a pt. look to see them all tryin 2 get tickets for the final! all the bandwagon.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Our Nail Loney

Bitter Armagh4Sam again? Youse would love to be in that final, some record though 0 for 3

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Maguire01

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on January 22, 2008, 10:19:33 PM
we got a drawin are last game
I'm sure you meant in our last game; and it was 0 wins in 3 games.

Doire abú

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Doire abú on January 23, 2008, 12:13:47 AM
Where's the final at anyway?

Depends on the result of the other game. Could be in Newry, Omagh, Celtic Park or Casement. 

never kickt a ball

Down qualify for McKenna decider
An late point from Danny Hughes helped Down beat Cavan 1-16 to 2-12 in the Gaelic Life McKenna Cup semi-final.
Down led 0-4 to 0-1 early on but Cavan were level (0-9 to 0-9) by the break.

Barry Watters' goal put Cavan three up but they had Mark McKeever sent off and Down got quickly on terms only for them to have sub Colm Murney dismissed.

Danny Hughes' goal helped Down move three ahead but John McCutcheon's goal levelled late on before he was sent off and Hughes then struck the winner.

The Mourne County will face either Fermanagh or Derry in Saturday's final.

Derry take on the Erne County in Wednesday's second semi-final at Omagh (2000 GMT).

Kevin McKernan (two), John Fegan and Cathal Magee were on target for Down early on as they forged a 0-4 to 0-1 lead.

However, Michael Brides, Eddie Reilly and Gerard Pierson hit the next three scores as Cavan levelled.

Down did move two ahead again in the second quarter but two Finbarr O'Reilly frees before the break brought the sides level.

606: DEBATE 

Cavan looked to have struck a crucial blow when Watters slammed in his team's first goal six minutes into the second half.

However, almost immediately Cavan midfielder Mark McKeever received a straight red card after an off-the-ball incident and Down used their man advantage to reply with three quick scores to level.

Down sub Colm Murney was sent off after getting his second yellow card on 55 minutes.

Finbarr O'Reilly's point edged Cavan ahead again inside the final 10 minutes but Danny Hughes' 65th-minute goal put Down 1-14 to 1-12 ahead.

Cathal Magee's third point extended Down's lead to three but John McCutcheon then levelled for Cavan when he scrambled in his team's second goal.

McCutcheon's goal was his final involvement in the game as he received his second caution in the dying seconds of the contest to leave Cavan with only 13 players.

Hughes supplied the winner to put Down in the final.

John Fegan finished with five points for Down while Hughes contributed 1-2.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7203800.stm

Looks like home advantage swung it for Down

orangeman

UTV have fairly got their act together - on the 10.30 news they had a pile of clips and the presenter was so enthusiastic when giving the report !!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

amallon

never kickt a ball - It would be great to have the final in Newry but it would very unfair to either Derry or Fermanagh.  I would imagine it would have to be played at a neutral venue.  If its Derry in the final it will be Casement, if its Fermanagh it would be Omagh.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: amallon on January 23, 2008, 09:02:39 AM
never kickt a ball - It would be great to have the final in Newry but it would very unfair to either Derry or Fermanagh.  I would imagine it would have to be played at a neutral venue.  If its Derry in the final it will be Casement, if its Fermanagh it would be Omagh.

The McKenna Cup is funny when it comes to venues. Most teams' are fairly relaxed about venues in this competition. Last year the final was held in Omagh between Tyrone and Donegal. Donegal had the later National League game in mind and wanted a run out under lights in Omagh in preparation. This followed the earlier final between the two counties in Ballybofey when Cormac McAnnallen lifted the cup. So I wouldn't rule out home venue for any team if both teams can agree the venue.

amallon

Doire abú

If only Armagh had got their act together, the Athletic Grounds wolud've been ideal.

Our Nail Loney

ITV wasn't that good orangeman, they only had clips from the first half! But I suppose its a step forward at least.

Plus a4sa when I said 0 for 3, I was talking about wins obviously.

never kickt a ball

Derry V Fermanagh tonight at Healy Park. Like all Tyrone people I'll be hoping for both of them to lose.  :D :D  Seriously though it has to be Derry. (Everybody get on Fermanagh!!!)