McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

Quote from: ziggysego on September 16, 2007, 08:15:40 PM
Never say never Ross.

Brolly reckons that Tyrone is the only team in the country that can stop Kerry going for three in a row ;)

Galls me to say it, but i think the wigged b@llshitter might be right. God help us!!!!

Tyrone Dreamer

We can do 5 in a row! Far more enjoyable than winning the all ireland anyway. The bandwaggon jumpers arent part of it and the negative tactics that can spoil big championship games arent there. Less pressure and generally more enjoyable. Maybe we should make it a priority in 2008. On a different note if Tyrone are the only team who can stop Kerry doing 3 in a row (which Im not convinced we are) then the other 31 counties should get behind us now and give us the neccesary support. Teams like Cork and Mayo could do us a favour and not turn up for games against us like they do with Kerry.

never kickt a ball

Don't Cha,-  Pussycat Dolls ft Busta Rhymes   - No1 when Tyrone last won Sam 5times:

Don't Cha wish your football team was hot like ours, Don't Cha.  ;)

Who was No 1 when Down last one it?

orangeman

Most people don't remember who won the Mc Kenna cup - was it in the Irish News a few years ago that the journalist said that it was not taken seriously any more - in fact he said it was so unpopular that even the Mc Kennas had stopped going to it.

Since then, the crowds have come back but I think it should be used only for fringe players.

ziggysego

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 17, 2007, 11:55:11 AM
Why should anyone get behind Tyrone to stop Kerry doing 3 in a row? Kerry people are the nicest, most unassuming people you could meet, you cannot begrudge them their success one bit. Now I dont begrudge Tyrone their 2 victories either but tat times you would think that them and Armagh invented the game.
Kerry for 3 in a row and Tyrone can keep winning as many McKenna Cups as they want, they dont really matter to most counties.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge Kerry their All-Irelands. They are the only consistant team in the country and fair fcuks to them. However, I would like Tyrone to put the breaks on their 3-in-a-row ;)
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

Dont be so cross 5 times. Some time soon Down might have a team capable of winning the McKenna Cup.

orangeman

Down are simply rebuilding and their turn will come.

never kickt a ball

With Dromore playing Coalisland in the Tyrone Championship final I expect to see a few new players from each team making the Tyrone McKenna Cup squad. What about other counties?

orangeman

Forget about 5 in a row - save  the players for next August - the business end of the championship and hopefully they'll still be needed then !

never kickt a ball

I think Tyrone can still win the McKenna Cup with an experimental team.

orangeman

I don't think so - teams like Monaghan and Donegal will be going full tilt - along with Armagh etc

johnpower

Is the Mckenna cup really that important ? I know it is great to get out to see some inter county football after the long break but it is ony the start of a long year . It seems to be a lot more serious than the O Byrne cup or the Mcgrath cup for example . One question for Ulster posters is how many of the potential panels for each county are going to be involved in the Siegerson cup?

Bensars

think it willl be pretty much like last year. What you might see is some players who are not fully established on their representitve county panel opt for county over collage.

If this is the case like the few last year for tyrone  IMO they should be allowed.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: orangeman on September 26, 2007, 09:53:51 PM
I don't think so - teams like Monaghan and Donegal will be going full tilt - along with Armagh etc

Not necessarily Orangeman. It depends on the Ulster Club contest and who is in it. If Cross are still there then Armagh will be without their players etc. Monaghan and Donegal had their eye on the National League last year and even the Championship as they contested the McKenna Cup. A fairly experimental Tyrone team easily beat Monaghan in the semi - final last year (granted O'Neill played very well) and i remember the Monaghan fans gave Freeman stick during that game. Never underestimate Mickey Harte either. Yes he may have an experimental team (in fact I hope he does) but regardless Tyrone will be going full tilt as well.