McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteHowever it also begs the question why he was not at the game?

It's a long shot but.... perhaps it's because County Secretaries also have families & lives outside of football??  ::)

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 16, 2007, 12:14:05 PM
QuoteHowever it also begs the question why he was not at the game?

It's a long shot but.... perhaps it's because County Secretaries also have families & lives outside of football??  ::)

Aw that explains it. Thanks for such a comprehensive analysis of my post OTB. Good job the Tyrone managers, backroom team and players etc don't have families & lives outside of football too  ::)

Over the Bar

QuoteAw that explains it. Thanks for such a comprehensive analysis of my post OTB. Good job the Tyrone managers, backroom team and players etc don't have families & lives outside of football too

The key responsibility of a county secretary is hardly being a spectator at every game.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 16, 2007, 07:41:50 PM
QuoteAw that explains it. Thanks for such a comprehensive analysis of my post OTB. Good job the Tyrone managers, backroom team and players etc don't have families & lives outside of football too

The key responsibility of a county secretary is hardly being a spectator at every game.

Can't argue with you there OTB. I think you're doing the Tyrone County Secretary a disservice if you are stating that's all he does when he is at matches. As far as I'm aware in club games the secretary compiles and signs the team sheet. I'm assuming the same is the case for County games. I also think the tyrone secretary is involved in the administration of substitute changes etc. From his statement he is saying he was not there and hence does not know what the difficulty with the teamsheet was. I think what he is saying is fair enough. I just think if he was involved in compiling the team sheet there might not have been the error which occurred which allowed the Ulster Council to strip Tyrone of their title.

never kickt a ball

Tyrone to seek hearing
16 March 2007

The Tyrone County Board has confirmed that it is to seek an immediate hearing into the Ulster Council's decision to strip them off the 2007 McKenna Cup. Although the O'Neill County chiefs are still awaiting official confirmation of the reasons behind the Council's decision, they are to go ahead with an appeal. Tyrone have been punished because of irregularities with their team-sheet and not, apparently, because the team included third-level college players in its ranks."Apparently it's got nothing to do with the students," said Tyrone chairman Pat Darcy."We'll be seeking a hearing within the next three days."
http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=74369

never kickt a ball

Tyrone win McKenna Cup appeal 

Tyrone will get to hold on to the Dr McKenna Cup after all, following a successful appeal to Croke Park.
The county took their case to Dublin after the Ulster Council decided to strip them of their title over the unauthorised use of university players.
Tyrone beat Donegal in the final last month, but the council ruled that a proper teamsheet was not submitted.
It?s understood the Ulster Council may pursue the issue further over matters of technical interpretation.
Tyrone had previously been docked points from their win over Derry in the competition for fielding four college players, on whom the respective universities had first call, but still managed to top their group and qualify for the decider.
Students Cathal McCarron and Damien McCaul were in the starting line-up for the Healy Park final, despite not being named on the teamsheet.
Tyrone eased to a 2-9 to 0-5 victory over Donegal on 17 February.
Red Hands boss MIckey Harte defended his decision to play McCarron and McCaul in the game.
"I've no regrets - the players wanted to try out for Tyrone and I think it is good for their careers at their colleges and with the county," he said.
"I think it's every player's right to give their best for his county when the opportunity presents itself."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6485179.stm

Does that mean they have now won five in a row???

ONeill

QuoteIt?s understood the Ulster Council may pursue the issue further over matters of technical interpretation.

For the love of God.....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

uselessfootballer

Tyrone should melt it down now to stop the bloody think being handed backwards and forwards

Gnevin

Toss a coin no one really gives a crap , i'm sure the lads are more worried about finish in the bottom 4 of the league
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

realredhandfan

absolutely wonderful news.  The potential to win trophies 5 times this season is there. Tir eoghain abu! 

never kickt a ball

Harte hits out at "petty" Council
28 March 2007

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has slammed the Ulster Council over the recent McKenna Cup controversy.
Tyrone were stripped of the pre-season Ulster title for failing to provide a proper team-sheet before the final against Donegal in Healy Park last month. However, an appeal against this last week was successful on the basis that the body which charged Tyrone did not follow proper disciplinary procedures.
Harte has now lashed out at the provincial body for what he described as a "petty" vendetta against the Red Hand County.
He said: "The issue was around students' availability in the competition, so why didn't they pursue that?"
"They jumped ship in a very haphazard way to take us up on this team listing issue. That made no sense whatsoever. The fact they departed from their original chase to take us up on this matter was nonsense."

Te controversy may not be over yet, with sources claiming the matter will be revisited when the Ulster Council's Competition Controls Committee meets next Tuesday.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=74884

UCCCC to meet on Tuesday. Sorry but I don't CCCC the sense do U?

realredhandfan

If it continues to fester its rapidly becoming a farce.  Tyrone dont need to add fuel to this fire.

never kickt a ball

Thank goodness to get that All-Ireland Final out of the road so we can get down to the real business for next year. Will Tyrone get five-in-a-row in the McKenna Cup in 2008?

Rossfan

Quote from: never kickt a ball on September 16, 2007, 08:00:19 PM
. Will Tyrone get five-in-a-row in the McKenna Cup in 2008?
I'm sure that will make amends for bad Championship performances in 2006 and 2007 ;)
I think if they are to have any hope of resurrection they need to ease up on the McKenna Cups and the NFL and see if they can come with any kind of run in the Summer.
However it will then be 3 long years after their 2005 heroics so it's highly unlikely they will be able to reach those dizzy heights again for a good while.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

Never say never Ross.

Brolly reckons that Tyrone is the only team in the country that can stop Kerry going for three in a row ;)
Testing Accessibility