NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: J70 on February 12, 2019, 11:02:35 AM
Going to be tight for everyone in Div 2. Donegal have Fermanagh in Letterkenny next, and given our appalling record there and very average displays so far, it wouldn't be a big surprise if the Erne men were to get a result. Maybe we will improve when the Gaoth Dobhair lads and Murphy, McGrath, McGlynn etc return (no McBrearty until May, I think), but everyone is in the same boat with senior players still to come back.

Yea Kildare missing about 6 starters I would say.

8/9 points could get you promoted. 5/6 points could get you relegated.

#newbridgeornowhere

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 12, 2019, 11:11:46 AM
Going to be tight for everyone in Div 2. Donegal have Fermanagh in Letterkenny next, and given our appalling record there and very average displays so far, it wouldn't be a big surprise if the Erne men were to get a result. Maybe we will improve when the Gaoth Dobhair lads and Murphy, McGrath, McGlynn etc return (no McBrearty until May, I think), but everyone is in the same boat with senior players still to come back.

Are any of these starters expected to play any part in the league?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 12, 2019, 02:46:15 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 12, 2019, 11:11:46 AM

Are any of these starters expected to play any part in the league?

Paddy Brophy, Peter Kelly and Paul Cribben should be back in 2 weeks I believe. Kevin Flynn will feature towards the latter but Niall Kelly is not back till May. I would have Chris Healy ahead of Tyrell, Hartley and Slattery but not a guaranteed starter, he will be back in 2 weeks as well.

From last years Championship team - Peter Kelly, Johnny Byrne, Kevin Flynn, Paul Cribbin, Daniel Flynn, Niall Kelly haven't featured plus we were with out Neil Flynn and Mick O'Grady at the start.  That's arguably 8 starters, Kildare don't have anything like the depth of a Dublin or Kerry to cover that. Frustrating but outside the top 3/4 every other team seems to be in a constant state of transition.
#newbridgeornowhere

illdecide

What's the Tipp team looking like for Sunday? Should be a good game, weather looks good and should be tight. J Clarke is due back which helps with a bit more fire power, looking forward to it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rodney trotter

Paul Durcan back training with Donegal,  after a 4 year absense working abroad.

thejuice

Really anxious ahead of the Cork game even if it's top vs bottom but there's not much between us. They still have dangerous players and set up defensively they might just frustrate us enough but hopefully Andy has his homework done and the lads have looked after themselves since the Armagh game.

Cork have been such a bogey team for us recently a bit like Donegal, where even when we should win a game somehow we just don't. Don't see us naming a different team than the last few weeks but I'm not sure how we'll handle a packed defense.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

balladmaker

QuoteWhat's the Tipp team looking like for Sunday? Should be a good game, weather looks good and should be tight. J Clarke is due back which helps with a bit more fire power, looking forward to it

This is a must win game for Armagh, if we can't win the home games then we're in trouble, 2 from 8 would not be a good place to be.  Not to forget we owe Tipp one from last game of the league 2 years ago :-)

J70

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 20, 2019, 05:41:40 PM
Paul Durcan back training with Donegal,  after a 4 year absense working abroad.

Not sure how I feel about this.

IF he can get back to where he was four years ago, he'd definitely be a vital weapon for us with those kick-outs and overall goalkeeping. We are struggling in the middle of the field though, so will it help that much? Patton wasn't too bad, for the most part, last year. A big improvement on McGinley the previous season anyway.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: balladmaker on February 22, 2019, 03:10:33 PM
QuoteWhat's the Tipp team looking like for Sunday? Should be a good game, weather looks good and should be tight. J Clarke is due back which helps with a bit more fire power, looking forward to it

This is a must win game for Armagh, if we can't win the home games then we're in trouble, 2 from 8 would not be a good place to be.  Not to forget we owe Tipp one from last game of the league 2 years ago :-)
At the 4th time of asking Armagh might get that much needed win in Division 2.  With Fermanagh,Cork at home to play Armagh should still have enough to stay up.

illdecide

It's been very low key this week, no mention of anything. I suppose it'll be after this round of games where you'll know who's going for promotions and who's for relegation. It's still so tight, Cork don't look great but still have the games to turn it around and if I'm wrong I'll be shocked when I say  Fermanagh will pick up more points along the way. So far what I've seen Donegal, Meath and Kildare look the most likely to fight it out for promotion, Armagh will need to win the rest of their games to have a chance but can't see them doing that tbh
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tippabu

Quote from: balladmaker on February 22, 2019, 03:10:33 PM

Ah will ya shtop.....we felt we owed ye one from 4 years ago or so, we robbed ye blind two years ago and ye beat us in the champ in thurles can we not just call it quits!!!

Seriously though....funny league, we were awful against what I thought was a Meath team who were poor aswell that day but they appear better than I gave them credit for. Fermanagh awful game but you'll never have a nice game to watch against them, turns out the penalty in injury time they got for a foot black was the wrong call too so should have gotten the win. Donegal great result and needed but league throw a up funny round 3 results I think down beat roscommon at this stage last year and we see where both finished.

Armagh it's hard to make out where they are, we as you see from our team are struggling very much with injuries and lacking scoring power and the " right way of playing football" as we get branded with. We don't have the players to cope with 6/7 injuries but we have been solid so far. I'm still looking at the league in terms of avoiding relegation and it's been a huge success then have a real cut at the championship with quinlivan Kiely, Maher etc back

balladmaker

QuoteAh will ya shtop.....we felt we owed ye one from 4 years ago or so, we robbed ye blind two years ago and ye beat us in the champ in thurles can we not just call it quits!!!

Quits so!  I think Sunday will be very tight, down to the wire stuff.  Armagh too inconsistent currently, not just from game to game, but within the same game with some nice football one minute to a WTF moment the next.  Should be a good game.

tippabu

Quote from: balladmaker on February 23, 2019, 07:30:03 AM
QuoteAh will ya shtop.....we felt we owed ye one from 4 years ago or so, we robbed ye blind two years ago and ye beat us in the champ in thurles can we not just call it quits!!!

Quits so!  I think Sunday will be very tight, down to the wire stuff.  Armagh too inconsistent currently, not just from game to game, but within the same game with some nice football one minute to a WTF moment the next.  Should be a good game.

Quits for now but I hope after Sunday ye are talking about being robbed again!!

Interesting game is right, we have been solid but very unspectacular. Hard to know how each team will perform after no game last weekend. Not sure what to expect

thejuice

Meath 1-12
Cork 1-06

5 mins to go. Meath have missed a load of scores, should be up by more.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Final score

Meath 2-12
Cork 1-09

Patchy performances, didn't really put them away but did enough to win. Emptied the bench towards the end and it left us a bit disjointed and they got a few scores.