GAA's Director General Paraic Duffy talks Sky deal and illegal manager payments

Started by CJ2017, January 24, 2018, 03:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slippery dodger

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Esmarelda

I thought it was very good although there was nothing new in it for me personally.

He struggled when the Premier Sports issue was put to him but he was quite firm in his point about County Boards managing themselves rather than Croke Park micro-managing them.

He also pointed out that the intercounty season is effectively only about five months long, which Molloy was telling him he should be moving towards.

Syferus

Quote from: Esmarelda on January 24, 2018, 09:32:59 AM
I thought it was very good although there was nothing new in it for me personally.

He struggled when the Premier Sports issue was put to him but he was quite firm in his point about County Boards managing themselves rather than Croke Park micro-managing them.

He also pointed out that the intercounty season is effectively only about five months long, which Molloy was telling him he should be moving towards.

So he was firm on being incredibly soft. Lol.

Rossfan

I see he's sticking rigidly to no splitting Dublin in his annual report. >:(
Also stealing my idea on tiered football All Irelands.
He reckons the new football Championship with its "Super 8" is just a temporary thing pending real changes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Esmarelda

Quote from: Syferus on January 24, 2018, 04:12:06 PM

You think Croke Park should micro manage every county?

Syferus

Quote from: Esmarelda on January 24, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 24, 2018, 04:12:06 PM

You think Croke Park should micro manage every county?

Damn straight.

Rossfan

Is that a Yes??
If so why do we need Co Boards or Provincial Councils????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Orchard park

Syferus  are you referring to financial ,management or the whole shooting gallery

shark

Quote from: Syferus on January 24, 2018, 07:09:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2018, 06:38:48 PM
Is that a Yes??
If so why do we need Co Boards or Provincial Councils????

God only knows.

We most definitely do not need provincial councils. If they didn't already exist nobody would ever conceive them.

manfromdelmonte

definitely a pooled sponsorship/partnership deal for all counties should be examined

eg if a county gets a sponsor for 200,000 25% goes into a central pool to support counties with smaller population and smaller club base
all counties could wear the same sponsor on their sleeves or back for an agreed fee