American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Will there be a big shout for pass interference to be reviewable now??!

The game takes long enough nearly 3.5 hours for both lat night I know it was overtime but still!!!

Main Street

I think there's way too many reviews, At the 1/4 finals there was even a review called for a Brady throw that went loose, a frantic scramble ensued to claim the ball, VAR was called to determine did a Patriot hand last make contact with the ball before it went over the sideline. That's obsessive micro management VAR. I do think Rugby have it about right and the players can do with a break.

I tuned into the Patriots game just after half time, willing to give it 5 or 10 minutes before slumber but I couldn't take my eyes off the game, right to the last touch down.

cadhlancian

Brutal call, no excuse for missing that. That being said , that's not the first , nor will it be the last PI not called . The magnitude of the game and the timing of it definitely elevated it. In a weird way it will deflect a lot of the blame from Sean Payton. His play calling was poor, and Brees was and has been poor for over a month now. Not an indictment of both, but they were below average yesterday.
Three runs on that last series , the Rams have to burn both timeouts, worst case scenario kicking a 25 yard field goal , and leaving about 60 seconds on the clock for the Rams, with ZERO timeouts.
I thought the Rams were the better team....

Minder

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 21, 2019, 10:17:48 PM
Brutal call, no excuse for missing that. That being said , that's not the first , nor will it be the last PI not called . The magnitude of the game and the timing of it definitely elevated it. In a weird way it will deflect a lot of the blame from Sean Payton. His play calling was poor, and Brees was and has been poor for over a month now. Not an indictment of both, but they were below average yesterday.
Three runs on that last series , the Rams have to burn both timeouts, worst case scenario kicking a 25 yard field goal , and leaving about 60 seconds on the clock for the Rams, with ZERO timeouts.

Yeah totally agree, Payton tries to get too clever at times and last night was one of them, and as I said earlier Brees hadn't been good for a while. If Gurley plays to his level Rams have a great chance
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on January 21, 2019, 10:30:28 PM

Yeah totally agree, Payton tries to get too clever at times and last night was one of them, and as I said earlier Brees hadn't been good for a while. If Gurley plays to his level Rams have a great chance

That's if they let him on the field instead of the fat guy.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 22, 2019, 04:15:37 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 21, 2019, 10:30:28 PM

That's if they let him on the field instead of the fat guy.

Yeah that was strange, can't see that happening again. Even the fact he is lined up will open up the play action for Goff
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

cadhlancian

Getting close to Sunday ! I honestly think this game will be decided in the trenches by both sets of O lines and D lines. Whoever can get a pass rush and disrupt the QB will win. If Donald and Suh are quiet the Pats will win, Brady will shred them. Not sure if Gurley is 100%, there's definitely something up with him I think. Gilmore will go man to man on Woods and they'll double Cooks, Sonny Michel for MVP.....

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 30, 2019, 04:37:50 PM
Getting close to Sunday ! I honestly think this game will be decided in the trenches by both sets of O lines and D lines. Whoever can get a pass rush and disrupt the QB will win. If Donald and Suh are quiet the Pats will win, Brady will shred them. Not sure if Gurley is 100%, there's definitely something up with him I think. Gilmore will go man to man on Woods and they'll double Cooks, Sonny Michel for MVP.....

I think the vast majority of games are won like that. Especially among evenly matched teams. Brady will try and get rid of the ball quick to stop the pass rush, like he did v the Chargers. If he can do that, it will take away a lot of what the Rams like to do with Donald etc. Gronk could be huge factor again.

Gmac

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 30, 2019, 05:57:02 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 30, 2019, 04:37:50 PM

I think the vast majority of games are won like that. Especially among evenly matched teams. Brady will try and get rid of the ball quick to stop the pass rush, like he did v the Chargers. If he can do that, it will take away a lot of what the Rams like to do with Donald etc. Gronk could be huge factor again.
rams need to look at what giants twice and eagles did to slow Brady down pressure straight up the middle of the pocket and jam receivers at the line of scrimmage so the timing is off , think we see a lot of running from pats early pass later , haven't seen too much of rams but they need a healthy gurley and Aaron Donald is a beast pats by 10

gallsman

Knicks are trading Porzingis.

cadhlancian

7 player deal 😬😬😬

gallsman

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 31, 2019, 11:53:25 PM
7 player deal 😬😬😬

The Knicks are a particular standard of f**k up but if they've done this without some serious Intel that there getting KD in the summer it's an enormous mistake.

LooseCannon

I'll be the first to admit that I know feck all about NFL, but I reckon that the Rams will win 32-28.

lurganblue

Monday booked off work. Hoping for a cracker. It would be nice to see the Rams win it, although i think the Patriots might pip them in a close one.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: gallsman on February 01, 2019, 06:25:56 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 31, 2019, 11:53:25 PM
7 player deal 😬😬😬

The Knicks are a particular standard of f**k up but if they've done this without some serious Intel that there getting KD in the summer it's an enormous mistake.

Wanted out, apparently.  Also hearing rumors that he was cleared to play but was skipping practice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/sports/basketball/knicks-trade-kristaps-porzingis-mavericks.html

Porzingis, who was increasingly unhappy about the Knicks' constant losing and is scheduled to become a restricted free agent July 1, asked to be traded on Thursday, according to both a team statement and subsequent comments that Knicks President Steve Mills and General Manager Scott Perry made on a conference call Thursday evening.

But the Knicks and the Mavericks were already far along in trade talks before Porzingis lodged that request, according to two people with knowledge of the situation who were not authorized to discuss it publicly.

"As is standard for this time of year, we were exploring various options on potential trades," Perry said in a statement. "Considering the uncertainty regarding Kristaps's free-agent status and his request today to be traded, we made a trade that we are confident improves the franchise."