Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 16, 2019, 12:17:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 16, 2019, 11:54:10 AM
Our Sammy doing what Sammy does best;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR7JwVjWByM&feature=youtu.be

48 minutes in.

😂 Sammy put in his box as usual, what a clown

Some amadán. Wonder will the penny drop in a cross-party consensus that the backstop could be solved by just applying it to the North. Instead, in a effort to appease the DUP, May tied all Britain into the backstop, too. It solves everything: an agreed version of Brexit passes in Parliament, Irl and EU happy, Corbyn then gets his GE when DUP stops supporting the govt.

seafoid

Quote from: GJL on January 16, 2019, 12:22:41 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 16, 2019, 12:17:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 16, 2019, 11:54:10 AM
Our Sammy doing what Sammy does best;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR7JwVjWByM&feature=youtu.be

48 minutes in.

😂 Sammy put in his box as usual, what a clown

Not a clue does he have. The more he is on the TV with educated real politicians the better as it shows him up for what he really is. A bluffer.
Sammy is a clown
So is Arlene

Ian Gow said 30 years ago that Unionist leaders were useless.
They are even worse now
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Channel 4 did a number on Farage today . . . excellent!!!

"You cannot rant against the elite when you're behaving like one of its members."

He got a private plane across to Strasbourg today!!

Insane Bolt

Just a pity Spitting Image isn't still on the go....they would have a field day.

screenexile

Quote from: Insane Bolt on January 16, 2019, 04:24:30 PM
Just a pity Spitting Image isn't still on the go....they would have a field day.

As Armando Ianucci has said how can you come up with satire in British Politics at the moment when the reality is so absurd!!

red hander

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 16, 2019, 10:35:10 AM
No Irish party (Nationalist or Unionist) makes one iota at Westminster.

Sure look at the number of SNP members that effectively don't matter.

My gripe with SF is they appear to be doing sweet FA here to get things back on track.

Stormont is dead, hopefully. There's a myth that things will improve if the Assembly and Executive returns. Balls. People have short memories, it was a farce, but it's always been a farce from 1921. Anything that shortens the life of this putrid statelet is fine by my, and the demise of Stormont is one of those things

Walter Cronc

Quote from: red hander on January 16, 2019, 04:31:44 PM

My gripe with SF is they appear to be doing sweet FA here to get things back on track.

Stormont is dead, hopefully. There's a myth that things will improve if the Assembly and Executive returns. Balls. People have short memories, it was a farce, but it's always been a farce from 1921. Anything that shortens the life of this putrid statelet is fine by my, and the demise of Stormont is one of those things

Aye dead on.

BennyCake

Yep. Hard to disagree with any of that.

johnnycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 16, 2019, 04:33:47 PM

Aye dead on.

Karen Bradley is doing even less and whilst the DUP have the Tories by the short and curlies they won't be pushing for Stormont.

north_antrim_hound

In fairness it doesn't seem to be any worse a farce than Westminster Atm but I get your drift.
Who said   " The best argument against democracy is a half hour conversation with an average voter "
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Walter Cronc

I'm no fan of Stormont either lads but if we want the dream of a UI to happen then we have to learn to work with those lot.

In the here and now I'd like to see education, hospitals and job creation given precedence.

We need stability to move towards a UI.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 16, 2019, 04:52:08 PM

In fairness it doesn't seem to be any worse a farce than Westminster Atm but I get your drift.
Who said   " The best argument against democracy is a half hour conversation with an average voter "

Churchill and he wasn't far wrong. What discernible difference has havingno government in NI made over the last 2 years?

imtommygunn

As hard as it is to believe there actually ar a few differences.

Look at casement park and how it can't progress. School funds, civil service funds etc seem to have suffered - more the distribution of them - which has led to a struggle to plan. (The civil service thing I am led to believe by someone I know who works there).

The tories did dish out some stuff though (or someone did) but it actually has some impact.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 16, 2019, 05:01:26 PM
As hard as it is to believe there actually ar a few differences.

Look at casement park and how it can't progress. School funds, civil service funds etc seem to have suffered - more the distribution of them - which has led to a struggle to plan.

If the civil service (who are also utterly useless in certain areas) were allowed to make strategic decision (like budgets/infrastructure/etc) then it wouldn't be a problem.

Suitable legislation could be introduced to allow that - then you'd probably notice the benefits of not having stormont.
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

Quote from: Insane Bolt on January 16, 2019, 04:57:07 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 16, 2019, 04:52:08 PM

Churchill and he wasn't far wrong. What discernible difference has havingno government in NI made over the last 2 years?

Ask people waiting for operations
Ask those families on universal credit - Go and spend 15 minutes at any of the foodbanks across NI.
Ask children who's education is suffering
Ask construction workers who rely on public contracts
Ask any of the relatives of those killed on the A5

Do all that, then tell me Stormont doesn't matter, or Westminster doesn't matter or Government doesn't matter. It all matters, to someone, somewhere it matters.