kerryforsam2018

Niall Morgan ahead of Beggan now. Best keeper in the country

Dire Ear

Quote from: kerryforsam2018 on August 13, 2018, 11:06:51 AM
I'd still have Beggan, slightly

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Duine Eile on August 13, 2018, 01:43:42 AM
Ian Burke deserves one but don't think he'll get it because of the unselfish nature of his play, sets up more than he scores, I think Galway will get a few nominations but will probably end up with one for Shane Walsh.

I half feel that Tom Flynn is the most deserving Galway player of one. Hasn't been a better midfielder not named Brian Fenton this Summer. He's even kicked a few monster points when he was always reluctant to shoot in the past.

I don't think they will give Galway two though so Walsh or Comer will probably get the token nod even though you could argue that Burke has been the best of them.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 11:57:12 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 13, 2018, 11:54:46 AM
Ian Burke deserves one but don't think he'll get it because of the unselfish nature of his play, sets up more than he scores, I think Galway will get a few nominations but will probably end up with one for Shane Walsh.

I half feel that Tom Flynn is the most deserving Galway player of one. Hasn't been a better midfielder not named Brian Fenton this Summer. He's even kicked a few monster points when he was always reluctant to shoot in the past.

I don't think they will give Galway two though so Walsh or Comer will probably get the token nod even though you could argue that Burke has been the best of them.
Flynn won't get one ahead of Fenton & Cavanagh.

Not ahead of Fenton anyway. Cavanagh doesn't even play in midfield despite what his shirt number says so it's like comparing apples and oranges.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 12:07:50 PM
You can bet your balls he gets an all star at midfield.

Fair play to him if he does but he plays a completely different position in reality.

Goals_Will_Come

Tyrone probably looking at Hampsey and Cavanagh as certain all stars.
If Donnelly, Sludden, McCann, Harte have decent finals they will be in with a good chance.

mouview

Wouldn't entirely agree with that, but I feel he turned his season around at HT in the Connacht final. Has been a positive surprise since. No All Star however.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: mouview on August 13, 2018, 03:00:14 PM

Wouldn't entirely agree with that, but I feel he turned his season around at HT in the Connacht final. Has been a positive surprise since. No All Star however.

Definitely deserves an all star imo
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Cunny Funt

Going by the odds the following players will be winning All Stars

Rory Beggan  4/7
Johnny Cooper  1/14
Karl O Connell  1/3
Jack McCaffrey 1/5
James McCarthy 1/4
Tiernan McCann 1/2
Brian Fenton 1/10
Colm Cavanagh  1/5
Ciaran Kilkenny 1/50
Niall Sludden 1/3
David Clifford 1/4
Conor McManus 1/50

If odds are right that leaves 3 spots open. A few value bets as some of these players could likely win one.  Stephen Cluxton 11/8 Shane Walsh 2/1,Ian Burke 3/1 Dean Rock and Paul Mannion 13/2 Con O Callaghan 4/1, Matty Donnelly 5/6 Michael McKernan 3/1 Drew Wylie 11/4,Frank Burns 7/2 Philly McMahon 4/1, Brian Howard 6/4, Peter Harte 7/2

Dublin winning the final as expected will mean they should win at least 7 All Stars. If Tyrone are close to Dublin they will win 4 or 5 All Stars. Galway will win at least one and Walsh and Burke are better value than Comer.

Some of the names mentioned on here aren't expected to win All Stars going by their odds

Michael Murphy 7/1
Thomas Flynn 10/1
Niall Morgan 9/1
Eoghan Kerin 12/1

Jayop

Quote from: kerryforsam2018 on August 13, 2018, 11:06:51 AM

Unless Morgan has a dream final that allstar is going to Beggan. For Morgan to take it from him he'd have to be flawless, kick a few long frees and save a certain goal chance or two.

Syferus

I don't know what Kerin has done to even be 12/1. A foul machine.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2018, 06:10:25 PM
I don't know what Kerin has done to even be 12/1. A foul machine.

Helps to win a few games for a start
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

yellowcard

Mannion 13/2 and Harte 7/2 is crazy big. If either/both has a good final Id expect them to be in the team.

Orchard park

Mickey is boycotting any media who  are represented on the all stars committee unless Petey is guaranteed an all star.
7/2 a huge price

magpie seanie

I can't understand why Conor McManus is rated to get an allstar. Good player and all, probably deserves a nomination, but well behind the likes of Clifford, Mannion, Murphy, Comer, Burke and Rock in my book. He was pretty poor yesterday bar his frees. Think he's just short of this level, which is not really an insult. The final gets too much sway in these things but at the moment I'd go for Clifford, Mannion, Burke in the FF line but that feels harsh on Comer and Murphy.

I think even with the last minute brain fart, Beggan should get keeper. Has been a real difference maker all season. Others I'd say are in the box seat with one game to go are Cooper, O'Connell, McCaffrey, Fenton, Cavanagh, Shane Walsh and Kilkenny. Perhaps this year with the Super 8's exposure it might be slightly lass Final-centric? Certainly should be anyway.