Under age amalgamation

Started by Portbush, August 31, 2016, 09:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Helix on November 11, 2016, 03:48:20 PM
The Ballinakill Slieve bloom rumour thing is surely to have Ben Conroy hurling senior club level in championship to possibly help them win a senior before the core bunch gets older in Ballinakill..

Speaking for myself only, the "wind up" aspect was that Raheen were going to hurl with Clonad and wear Clonad jerseys at all grades etc etc (as highlighted below). I still cannot see this part of it happening, even if the join up part is true!!

The jersey thing will sort itself in time. Possibly rejig the gaels jersey. Time will tell. Aim I suppose this gaels would try hurl in A competition all the way from 10s to minor and 21s. Should have been done years ago.
[/quote]

Absolutely!
All I was saying was that what was being mooted by that poster was Clonad effectively "taking over" the running of juvenile hurling for a combination of Clonad, Shanahoe and Colt- that is never going to happen!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix

[/quote]
Absolutely!
All I was saying was that what was being mooted by that poster was Clonad effectively "taking over" the running of juvenile hurling for a combination of Clonad, Shanahoe and Colt- that is never going to happen!
[/quote]
Ah yeah that was a wind up alright. Wouldn't rule out amalgamation at adult level in a couple of years time if this goes well. Numbers would be low among the clubs and to be at senior level realistically won't happen with Clonad colt or shanhoe on their own.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

clonadmad

So I guess what I was saying all along has come to pass despite some of the so called men in the know  on here shooting it down at the time.

A Raheen parish team at juvenile and senior would create waves and would be good for laois hurling in the medium to longer term.

Too many clubs fighting for the title of worlds tallest dwarf.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on November 11, 2016, 04:48:26 PM
So I guess what I was saying all along has come to pass despite some of the so called men in the know  on here shooting it down at the time.

A Raheen parish team at juvenile and senior would create waves and would be good for laois hurling in the medium to longer term.

Show me where you said the above?

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on November 11, 2016, 04:48:26 PM

What does this mean?

clonadmad

What I said on September 23rd

"Colt and Shanahoe to join up with ourselves"

You shot the messenger back then,but I was proved right.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on November 11, 2016, 08:41:15 PM
What I said on September 23rd

"Colt and Shanahoe to join up with ourselves"

You shot the messenger back then,but I was proved right.

Lol!
Why give the full story when half the story is a better fit!
What you actually said on September 23rd was;

Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 05:57:06 PM
Colt and Shanahoe to join up with ourselves.

Talks at a very advanced stage with u8's up to u21's hurling in the Jersey,being trained in Clonad and with the  club also supplying the mentors across all the age groups,a great boost for the club and also for hurling in the county.

clonadmad

You seem to know the details of the agreement then,Keyser

Share it with us

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on November 12, 2016, 06:16:38 PM

Share it with us

No nothing about it.
But if all juvenile teams in a combined Clonad/Colt/Shanahoe arrangement wear Clonad jerseys in 2017 I'll stand outside Eamon Duff's for the night dressed in a feather boa and chewing on my own mickey!

Helix

[/quote]
No nothing about it.
But if all juvenile teams in a combined Clonad/Colt/Shanahoe arrangement wear Clonad jerseys in 2017 I'll stand outside Eamon Duff's for the night dressed in a feather boa and chewing on my own mickey!
[/quote]
Had a good laugh when saw this this morning  8)
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

BallyroanAbu

Eamon won't be happy with that image

Helix

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 13, 2016, 01:00:48 PM
Eamon won't be happy with that image

If it draws a crowd I wouldn't say he'd worry  8)

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 12, 2016, 09:43:03 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 12, 2016, 06:16:38 PM

Share it with us

No nothing about it.
Sounds like you heard reports back from the first meeting between the 3 Friday night.

Ballyroan Abbey

I only hope for their own sakes that they are entering their teams in A competitions, if you have 4 clubs relying on 1 juvenile structure to produce players the minimum you should expect is that they are exposed to a high standard the whole way up, Fintans have to wonder where it has went so badly wrong for them in the last few year even though i have my suspicions

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 13, 2016, 10:35:25 PM
I only hope for their own sakes that they are entering their teams in A competitions, if you have 4 clubs relying on 1 juvenile structure to produce players the minimum you should expect is that they are exposed to a high standard the whole way up, Fintans have to wonder where it has went so badly wrong for them in the last few year even though i have my suspicions

Why do you say it has gone so badly wrong?