Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

When's everyone sending their All Ireland tickets to me never mind?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on July 16, 2024, 01:01:07 PMWhen's everyone sending their All Ireland tickets to me never mind?

Do all Armagh clubs not get an allocation?  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

the hurlers will hardly want theirs?  ;)

saffman

Quote from: Hectic on July 15, 2024, 08:15:09 PMYoung lads are right to take travel opportunities when presented.

As for any team overrated - does anyone here actually overrate any side but their own?

Cargin are county champions and have given a good account in their annual Ulster game recently but still the same outcome - close but no cigar.

And if we are being honest Div 1 in Antrim is mediocre generally.

How many clubs have the depth to cope with losing 5 or 6 players?  I'd say no more than two or maybe three at a stretch. And that's just for league games😂

Chatting to a St Endas fella the other week. From their all ireland intermediate team, only 2 starters and 3 squad players still playing this year.
Thats a scary turnover.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2024, 11:38:13 AMThere are play offs, that's there to help county players play with their clubs, if players are taking themselves off for holidays that's ok and clubs will have known that too.

Other than staying up, the league has been used to blood players and prepare teams for championships

I'm not sure the mindset is there between the clubs to make it 'important' why Tyronies get worked up for the league I don't know, as it has no bearing other than staying up

Linked to championship. If you go down your playing Division 2 / Intermediate championship next year. There's been serious depth added the last few years in terms of the gap between top and bottom. Seems to be getting smaller all the time, some really big clubs seem to be either going down or surviving by the skin of their teeth ever year now.

Clonoe last played intermediate in the 90s they went down in 2022.
Coalisland last played intermediate in 82/83 they survived via a playoff last year.
Ardboe last played intermediate in 1990 they haven't won a game yet this season.

I'm bias but the margins are fine from top to bottom, but sure you all knew that you get reminded of it every October  ;D  ;D

Milltown Row2

So if the league is so competitive and the championship is the best in Ireland why are they so shite in Ulster club?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2024, 07:36:50 PMSo if the league is so competitive and the championship is the best in Ireland why are they so shite in Ulster club?
You could go back to last year when you had the same discussion. Or the year before. Or, indeed, the year before. Where you end up conceding that you don't really care and you are just winding people up.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2024, 07:36:50 PMSo if the league is so competitive and the championship is the best in Ireland why are they so shite in Ulster club?

If back to back hasn't been done in 20 years who's worried about Ulster? Errigal gave Glen a serious rattle in 2022 and last year Trillick dealt with Cross fairly handily before a 1 pt loss to Scotstown. Maybe the tide is turning a bit.

Probably hampered by the number of clubs too, any area with any sort of population at all there will be multiple clubs catering for them rather than 1.

You're wondering aloud why "Tyronies" (cringe, retire this) get worked up about the league and I'm after telling you in a friendly enough manner.

With regards the Ulster Club, maybe Trillick can go down the St Gall's route and have a browse of the talent in Fermanagh sure it's only down the road. Maybe then we can make some in roads.

quit yo jibbajabba

I love this one. Usually done elsewhere but yeah sure let's do it here this year 😆😆

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 16, 2024, 08:45:56 PM

I love this one. Usually done elsewhere but yeah sure let's do it here this year 😆😆

Works every year!