Leinster SHC 2016

Started by SpeculativeEffort, April 27, 2016, 12:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeculativeEffort

According to reports Zane Keenan is gone again. How many times does he leave and come back every year? Does he actually want to play county hurling?

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=254255

Certainly a major blow if this is true.

Don Draper

I think if he keeps coming back, putting county commitments ahead of family and work, its quite obvious he does care about hurling with Laois. Cant have been an easy decision.

The training being done of late is monumental, I have huge respect for any man who undertakes it. Intercounty hurling is not suited to the farming life, its now for students, single men and teachers.

Thanks Zane.

We move on with who we have.

Unlaoised

I think they tried to accom Zane everyway they could but his heart just wasn't fully in it since he got the belt on the shin early in the year...(same place he broke it few years back)...It was giving him trouble and he was finding it hard to get up to speed missing sessions through work at home and this injury so he has packed it in....

A pity!
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Cheddar did mention in one of his post match interviews about the trouble that the injury was causing Keenan saying that he wasn't always able to train or play because of it.
It is a real pity but because we have so few quality players, a county like Laois really misses someone like Zane Kennan. He was very important to us in that win over Offaly last year. As a county we are always going to be up against it!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Helix

Have we any challenge games in the meantime before championship?

Hopefully we can at least beat whichever team comes through qualifiers. A lot of changes this year. A return to round robin wont help our development!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Unlaoised

Playing Limerick Im told not sure when or where...
LAOIS ABÚ

Helix

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 29, 2016, 05:01:33 PM
Playing Limerick Im told not sure when or where...

Hopefully can do themselves justice since time they played in league!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Tobias

Any word on the Limerick match or other practice matches played? Looking at the round robin we will most likely meet Kerry or Offaly!

Ogie

Hurlers spent last weekend in Dundrum House training & planning, played the U21s in a practice match Saturday evening
Going to Fota Island for the weekend next weekend training, planning, maybe this is when the limerick match is taking place?
I think we're going to have to face Offaly in Tullamore in the Leinster quarter final, and whilst Offaly are not going well and are under pressure I would not be at all confident.

burdizzo

Laoise are good enough to beat Offaly in Tullamore, and certainly they should have done so in the league. However, like Ogie, I wouldn't be that sure that they actually will. Mind you, Westmeath's current form puts the relegation/ promotion play-off win into some sort of perspective. Perhaps...
If they end up playing Kerry, I assume it's a neutral venue?

Clubber Lang

From reading Ogie's last message, hurlers can't be faulted for the effort and preparation they are putting into having themselves ready for the championship. I know we have lost a number of players from last year and as a result may not achieve the desire results but they have to be commended for their time given and dedication. Hopefully the seeds are being sown for future years as there are still a lot of relatively young/ inexperienced hurlers on the panel who you would hope can develop in next 3/4 years. Cheddar must be commended for this even if results don't go our way. It is looking like offaly in Tulllamore- what a realistic incentive for this current squad-to beat Offaly two years running, home and away.

TheGreatGame

Offaly are in a similar position to us this time last year.  As the "top dog" in the qualifier group you are there to be shot down.  We had to overcome a very tricky assignment against Westmeath and now Offaly have a tough test against Kerry.  I expect them to come through that (Boyle will be a big loss for Kerry), but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Kerry won it.

For Laois, it's all about sorting the defence out.  For all the players we've lost our forwards should be every bit as strong as last year when we were missing Ross King and Neil Foyle.  I actually think Laois are in a grand position coming into this, as after the league the expectations are low and not a whole lot is expected.  If some of the younger guys can come of age I'd be quite confident we can win the quarter final.

redsetanta

Anyone got any news from the Laois camp? Have they had any challenge games and how are they looking. With 3 weeks to go until the championship they should coming into tip top shape. Their fittness levels should be good and all Cheddar needs to ensure is that he has the best 15 on the pitch on the day.

Looking forward to it.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

burdizzo

I believe Mark Kavanagh is out w/ a shoulder injury. Not a starter, I know, but he'll be a loss for the U21s.

Ogie

What sort of starting 15 are we looking at for Offaly or Kerry??