Laois ACFL Division 2

Started by SCFC, March 23, 2015, 10:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spillane

Bit of a surprising result, I presume MJ was in flying form for ye Ballyroanabbey Abu? That's the first blip in O'Dempsey's form.  Have you a game review?

BallyroanAbu

O Dempsey's prob did not bring their A game they were already qualified seemed to be going through the motions.  Ballyroan are young if they stay senior this year it will be a success

Hospital Pass

Park Ratheniska relegated to Division 3 here. they seem to be struggling after last years relegation to Junior A. Semi final line up looks tasty enough. Ballyroan V Timahoe (the Clancy factor  ;D) and O Dempseys V Annanough or Ballylinan.

Spillane

Ballylinan now through to play ODempseys and Timahoe facing BallyroanAbbey. Bit of a big win for Ballylinan against the Hoe, 1-18 to 0-10, but the game mattered little to Timahoe as they were already guaranteed their spot while Ballylinan playing for theirs.

Ballyfin finishing below St.joes second team not a great sign for their début season at senior.

Uisce

O'Depmseys are too strong for this division. They would probably be up around semi finals in Division 1 if they were up there. Hard to see anyone stopping them winning this league, though Mountmellick did surprise them last year! Don't like that they gave a walkover in their last game though. Not really fair on the other teams in the division.

Agreed that it doesn't look great for Ballyfin but they are usually a different team in championship, though it is hard to see them worrying Joseph's too much.

Timahoe look to going well, must be favorites for the Intermediate this year. Lost Clancy but Quigley is a serious gain!!

Cruella De Vil

Timahoe must be a shoe in for the intermediate, can't see them taking their eye off the ball again and getting caught like last year.

Ballyfin will improve come championship, but it's hard to see them troubling Joes. I don't think they get too comfortable sitting at the senior table.

Unlaoised

Ballyfin always just do enough in division two either to stay up or land mid table they are a different animal come Championship.
Can't see them troubling Joes first team who will have too much pace and skill for them..I nice back door draw could see them staying up in the Senior ranks though.They have 5-6 excellent footballers and a physical and gritty game that can be hard to play against!
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

Two interesting looking semi finals this weekend. Timahoe v Ballyroan Abbey and O'Dempseys v Ballylinan.
The Killenard lads must be strong favourites. Lost the Division 3 and 5 finals so they'll be anxious to nail this trophy!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

I also think Ballyfin will improve come the championship. They mightn't beat Joseph's but I fancy them to win a game somewhere to stay up.

SCFC

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 21, 2015, 08:12:34 AM
Two interesting looking semi finals this weekend. Timahoe v Ballyroan Abbey and O'Dempseys v Ballylinan.
The Killenard lads must be strong favourites. Lost the Division 3 and 5 finals so they'll be anxious to nail this trophy!
Timahoe beat Ballyroan Abbey 1-14 to 1-8 last night. Mild surprise? Padraig Clancy undone by his home club!

BallyroanAbu

Timahoe good value for the win.  Ballyroan just did not turn up prob should have been a bigger winning margin. 

SCFC

O'Dempseys through to final after comfortable win over Ballylinan. They will be warm favourites to beat Timahoe surely?