Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruella De Vil

People are not being hard on the ref here, he was way out of his depth and let a lot of heavy hits go early on, whilst pulling lads up for borderline picking balls off the ground and taking too many steps.

The subs running in from both side was not his fault however, nonsense behaviour, and they need to be dealt with.

The game itself was very poor, Joes should have had Ballyfin kicked out of sight by half time if they had a free taker, and they will need this sorted to have any chance going forward.

The report of the game in the leinster must have been drafted by the ref himself or some body who wasn't at the game, it's pure nonsense.

BallyroanAbu

Did not see Mulhare hitting anyone or running in from sideline anyone who got involved brought a red card on themselves.  This game was harmless till someone lost the rag and hit someone. Mulhare was not consistent but I have seen worse every card was deserved. Teams and players should be aware they will be punished severely for joining in.  The referees performance prior to row is a separate issue.

Uisce

Think we should move on from that game now! What happened, happened, and the perpetrators will be dealt with i'm sure! Significant moment in O'Dempseys if that earlier statement is true. It could go one way or the other now with a new manager coming in. Gel the players together or send them spiraling downward.  Still think they have enough talent to progress far but they just don't seem up to fulfill their potential. Losing to Timahoe was an early sign that things were not going so well.

redsetanta

Arles 2-16 1-09 Graigue

Good win for Arles setting up a clash with their nearest and dearest.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The Monument Road

Quote from: redsetanta on August 13, 2015, 09:19:35 PM
Arles 2-16 1-09 Graigue

Bring it on....one of these teams are quaking in their boots tonight... which one is the burning question :-X :-X :-X

SCFC

Quote from: Uisce on August 13, 2015, 03:36:07 PM
Significant moment in O'Dempseys if that earlier statement is true.

Ah it's true alright, I wouldn't invent that!

SCFC

Quote from: redsetanta on August 13, 2015, 09:19:35 PM
Arles 2-16 1-09 Graigue

Killeen should beat Arles but I wouldn't put a penny on it! Have they ever beaten Arles in the senior championship? I don't think they have.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Arles were a transformed team last night and should be well able for killeen. Graiguecullen lost Ambrose Doran after 5 mins due to injury and David Conway did a great impression of Tiernan  McCann to get Mark Timmons  sent off after 30 mins. Eamonn Stronge totally fell for it and is another ref who is out of his depth at this level. 
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

Kilcruise I don't think they will trouble Kileen easily tie of the round.  O Dempseys will beat Graiguecullen

Uisce

Don't think too many would have foreseen O'Dempseys playing Graigue in the losers group at the start of the year!

redsetanta

Junior it must have been like chalk and cheese the two games. What was the big difference between both games? Considering Graigue were 5-1 up at half time in first game it's some turnaround.

Arles will definately trouble Killeen and will believe that they will beat them. Killeen always have trouble beating Arles whenever it really counts.

Did Conway dive? I heard he did get a box off Timmons but I wasn't there so can't comment.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The Monument Road

So another referee is out of his depbt.....they way i see it is referees are now doing their job for the first time in a long time. If a player strikes or becomes involved he gets a red....Simple as
I also hear that players sent off at the weekend  got one match suspensions. People (one player and a couple of supporters) who came in off the line got 8 weeks

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Timmons and David were facing each other and just pushing each other shoulder high when David dropped to the ground as though he had been shot. Strong was two feet away watching them but did nothing till one of them dropped. If Timmons had dropped maybe David would have went except Timmons is not that type but in reality it was nothing more than the usual handbag stuff. Conway leapt to his feet as soon as Timmons was walking off and they exchanged a few words. Graigue were under pressure at the time and really couldn't afford to lose anyone as they had lost their main scoring forward and Birdy was not fit to start. A lot of their more established lads were obviously carrying injuries and they looked like a team that were not fit enough for Championship football.

It had been a good contest up to then and was even enough till Stronge penalised a Graigue player for a pickup which it obviously wasn't. Kilcruse were clever enough to niggle and drag their opponents as the rag was out in Graigue up until the sending off and then they played some great football, easily the best I have seen so far this year. If they play like that against Killeen they will beat them but they might have to get Donie Kingston sent off first which is not beyond them if we don't have a more competent ref.

Just to answer The Monument Road, I agree if any player strikes he deserves to go but any genuine supporter who saw that incident will tell you that it was nothing more than a pushing contest and that cowardly diving to get a man sent off will have to be stopped. To do that you need competent referees and manly players and Strong and Conway failed badly on that count I'm afraid.

redsetanta

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Barry Brennan played but was a long way from the player he can be. He has played very little football recently I hear and is certainly not match fit. Showed some patches of real class but not enough. Understandable I suppose..