Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50fiftyball

Still reckon we can pip Leicester and City to the title. City away at the Etihad on the last day, could it come down to that!

Leicester, United and Spurs all in the next month, with the latter two away. I think we'd need no less than 7 points from 9 here. Big ask but they have to show bottle some time, this has always been the stage of the season where Arsenal falter, then when there's no pressure cos they're out of the title race they suddenly come to life when competing for 4th in the last few games.

ONeill

Interesting to see how the betting will change after tomorrow.

Can see Spurs winning at City.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

beer baron

Surely an England international wouldn't be at that simulation/creating a penalty carry on.

StGallsGAA

Great acting by Giroud to get Simpson sent off. 

beer baron

Cunny Funt

That Welbeck winning goal could be seen as huge come the end of the season.

50fiftyball

Remaning fixtures for the Gunners are brutal, with United & Spurs in the next month. Spurs @ White Hart Lane on 5th March is MASSIVE, IMO. City not to 2nd last game of the season, then in between you've crystal palace, west ham, watford, no easy games. If they win it this year no one can take it away from them, do you's think Leicester will still stay strong after yesterday?

50fiftyball

Long shot here, looking for any tickets for remaining games, obviously preferably at the Emirates, but not too fussy will go to away games, as we've quite a few other london based opposition. I've only gotten once before.  I'm taking my younger brother over,

Syferus

Quote from: 50fiftyball on February 15, 2016, 11:00:31 AM
Remaning fixtures for the Gunners are brutal, with United & Spurs in the next month. Spurs @ White Hart Lane on 5th March is MASSIVE, IMO. City not to 2nd last game of the season, then in between you've crystal palace, west ham, watford, no easy games. If they win it this year no one can take it away from them, do you's think Leicester will still stay strong after yesterday?

Arsenal are leagues ahead of United. They should only be dropping any points in the Spurs/City games.

Any other year I'd be rooting for Arsenal to win but Leicester are too stunning to go against. Even pulled off the near miracle of a draw yesterday. They'll be quietly happy with three points from two games away to the next best teams in the league.

deiseach

Quote from: 50fiftyball on February 15, 2016, 11:17:06 AM
Long shot here, looking for any tickets for remaining games, obviously preferably at the Emirates, but not too fussy will go to away games, as we've quite a few other london based opposition. I've only gotten once before.  I'm taking my younger brother over,

You can try selling your younger brother but you'll still have to come up with some cash as part payment.

Dinny Breen

It will end in tears and "told you so's"
#newbridgeornowhere

Boycey

Quote from: 50fiftyball on February 15, 2016, 11:17:06 AM

There are some on DoneDeal if you look...

ONeill

This Spurs game is massive though expecting Rooney to raise his game on Sunday week.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2016, 09:45:17 PM
This Spurs game is massive though expecting Rooney to raise his game on Sunday week.

They could have Mourinho in place by then as well.

Dinny Breen

5 years ago Arsenal where this chance from going through but Lord Bendtner showed why he wasn't TGFTEL.

Would be happy if Arsenal are in a similar position with 10mins to go in the second leg.

Wilshere dominated this fixture then, was only 19. A real what if.....

Arsenal should have won the league that year as well but collapsed in the run-in, what price.....
#newbridgeornowhere