the troubles i've seen.....

Started by milltown row, January 24, 2009, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on January 28, 2009, 10:01:55 PM
What pisses me off about the Troubles (or ongoing struggle for independence) is that the Good Friday agreement as applied by the Northern Courts currently is a f*cked up system. My sister was killed in a 'domestic dispute' after the agreement and the maximum sentence for the offense is deemed to be 10 years prior to the agreement. After the agreement all sentences were agreed to be cut in half. A man got 4 1/2 years for the cold blooded knifing of my sister and that to me is just with a slap on the wrist!

I'm not condoning the ridiculously light sentence he got, but 50% remission as applied in the north has nothing to do with the GFA.

Eoghan Mag

Quote from: Donagh on January 29, 2009, 08:38:35 AM

I'm not condoning the ridiculously light sentence he got, but 50% remission as applied in the north has nothing to do with the GFA.
[/quote]

Yes it has. This was pointed out to us by the prosecuter. It has 100% got to to with the Good Friday Agreement and I'm very, very proud to say that I voted against that piece of trash legislation.

ziggysego

In 1991 I had to go to London for a serious operation to strength the bone in my neck. One heavy knock and I could have been paralysed. Anyway, for the operation I need a bone graft from my legs. To secure the bones in my neck, whilst the graft set, I had to wear a metal cage around my head. It was bolted to my skull and a body cast I had to wear. It was called a Halo. Google something if you wish. I wasn't allowed to sit any higher than 45 degrees for 4 months.

Anyway, back home I remember sitting outside during a hot summer's day. About 2 miles away a bomb went off. I'll never forget it... the vibrations shook the metal cage bolted to my skulls and it went right through me. Was a good 10/15 minutes before things settled down. Never forget it.... worst feeling I ever had.
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on January 29, 2009, 08:32:11 PM
Yes it has. This was pointed out to us by the prosecuter. It has 100% got to to with the Good Friday Agreement and I'm very, very proud to say that I voted against that piece of trash legislation.

Then the prosecuter lied to you. 50% remission was introduced in 1976, a full 22 years before the GFA.

Square Ball

I remember the house I live in shaking to its very foundations when a bomb went off in the next street, the evacuated half the street but never told us, that was terrible. I lived through the Hunger Strikes on the Falls and it was  scary at times, in the 70s there was many a gun battle during the night and we used to go out and hunt for used cartridges the next day, we used to shake hedges and see what fell out, got a good few that way. also had a collection or rubber and plastic bullets.

make of mine got hit in the nuts with one, it wasn't a case of feel them it was count them
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid