Celtic in for Fanni

Started by stiffler, June 24, 2007, 06:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

From BBC website:

Celtic linked with defender Fanni 

Fanni wants a move away from Nice
Rod Fanni's agent claims Nice are prepared to sell the French defender, with Celtic among the clubs interested.
The 25-year-old would prefer to join a club involved in Champions League, which puts Celtic in a strong position.

Fanni's agent Dominique Six told the News of the World: "We have had interest in Rod from Monaco, Celtic, Genoa and St Etienne.

"Celtic have looked at him many times. He knows about that and would have no problems about going to Celtic."

Fanni began his career with hometown club Martigues before playing for Lens and Chateauroux then joining Nice in 2005.

"I got calls a few times last season from the Nice sporting director, Roger Ricort, saying that Celtic had been at a Nice match to see Rod play," added Six.

"It is a very big club that is always competing at the top level in Europe.

"I was the agent when Momo Sylla joined Celtic, so I know it is a good club to deal with.

"I understand why there is interest in Rod. It's expected he will be in the French national team in the coming season.

"It is certain he will leave Nice this summer. I met the club president, Maurice Cohen, on Friday and we agreed this.

"The only thing that will have to be decided is the price, since Rod is under contract until 2010."

Monaco have already had a bid of £2m rejected for the player, according to reports.

First Scheidt, now this??
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ExiledGael

This could be the most hilarious team sheet in the history of football next season, with this guy big Bobo and Lee Naylor at the back

Naylor    Balde    Fanni

:D

TORGAEL

ExiledGael

The possibilities really are endless here, could be good craic watching the Scottish league for a change!
Imagine him being roasted by some tricky winger "Fanni has just been turned inside out"  :D

Tonto

Yeah, had to laught when I seen his first name too.

Rod Fanni!! ;D

stew

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 24, 2007, 08:29:14 PM
The possibilities really are endless here, could be good craic watching the Scottish league for a change!
Imagine him being roasted by some tricky winger "Fanni has just been turned inside out"  :D

Nah, what about this effort! "fanni is getting eaten alive in there and can expect a good tongue lashing at the interval'
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.