Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

We have a very tight start with Lamhs Creggan Cargin and St Galls all in first few games. That's the first four home in last year's league so we will know a lot more about ourselves in a month that's for sure.

SaffronHeart

With all this doom and gloom regarding the intercounty set up. What clubs do people think will have a good season and is their any Dark horses for championship or league honours at each senior grade?

bannside

I will go out on a limb and say this is Cargin year. Moneyglass should be strong in division two.

ojonathanrossa

I'd like to see Ballymena make a bit of a breakthrough but Moneyglass to win Div 2 and you just can't look past St Gall's. Cargin promise much every single year only to be di.cked. That said, I'd love them to beat St Gall's

manballandall

Quote from: ojonathanrossa on April 16, 2015, 08:25:50 PM
I'd like to see Ballymena make a bit of a breakthrough but Moneyglass to win Div 2 and you just can't look past St Gall's. Cargin promise much every single year only to be di.cked. That said, I'd love them to beat St Gall's
Now there's a surprise lol. Arrogant lot those milltown boys. Shoulder on chip rid get of. Rearrange those words :)

ojonathanrossa

Just looking a change, arsehol.e.

bannside

This year is intriguing to say the least. St Galls won't go on forever but still have a quality panel with not a bad player on it who know how to win championships. Sad to say but with such quality they should have added another few Ulster to their belt in this purple patch.

While Cargin have shit in the nest quite a few times I detect a different mentality about them this year and have JB in charge who also knows how to win championships. Make no mistake they mean business this year.

Makes for a fascinating season. Hopefully it lives up to its billing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on April 18, 2015, 11:57:44 PM
This year is intriguing to say the least. St Galls won't go on forever but still have a quality panel with not a bad player on it who know how to win championships. Sad to say but with such quality they should have added another few Ulster to their belt in this purple patch.

While Cargin have shit in the nest quite a few times I detect a different mentality about them this year and have JB in charge who also knows how to win championships. Make no mistake they mean business this year.

Makes for a fascinating season. Hopefully it lives up to its billing.

Don't they mean business every year?   Meeting Cargin early this year will have a different slant on things.... Think we are due to play them in Belfast this year as we've played them up the country for a while now, maybe a change of scenery will help Cargin, what price are they this year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Mister power has cargin at 2/1 MR...............Galls are 1/1....................hear the Cargin manager told the players to bring all their league medals (and that is a lot) to training last week and he was bringing a bucket..................all for dumping in the Bann.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 23, 2015, 07:24:27 PM
Mister power has cargin at 2/1 MR...............Galls are 1/1....................hear the Cargin manager told the players to bring all their league medals (and that is a lot) to training last week and he was bringing a bucket..................all for dumping in the Bann.

Leagues are for playing, championships are for winning.... We might be past it this year :-\
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 23, 2015, 07:24:27 PM

That would be a great story if true, need photographic evidence, county antrim post exclusive, LOL

country bumpkin

Hear the evil deed was done in the dead of night.........Maggie may well have the pics :)

culchie11

Some interesting results of late in division 1, I wouldn't read too much into it yet as its a long time to championship, the only point worth noting is that St galls are started earlier than usual as the draw has given them a testing 1st round game for a change!

Lamh dhearg seem to be going well at the minute, Ryan Murray is a class act, Creggan are flattering to deceive at the minute, after that everyone is in a level keel. I thought the two promoted sides may have faired better but it seems all is not happy in both camps.

Some good news for a change is that Dunsilly as I had said at the start of the year will be up and running this year, a contractor has been appointed and works are due to start on changing facilities shortly! Long overdue and we must push ahead with this facility as this will be our focal point for our development squads and county training for years to come.

country bumpkin

So three games in six days is the lot of our footballers....where else but in Antrim ;)

themac_23

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 29, 2015, 02:42:19 PM
So three games in six days is the lot of our footballers....where else but in Antrim ;)

Yip, 3 games in 6 days then we will see a period of 3 games in 6-7 weeks! lol, Anyone at any games last night? most games going the way you would have expected to be fair.