The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

That's for the reply tatler,have been emailing and checking for GUI opens on next week in Kerry to see what availability and prices. Tralee don't offer any gui rate and quoted me €250 a person,Waterville is €150 per person with gui card,Killarney has an open on next Wednesday for €60,I watched Irish open in Kerry a long time ago,think this is the course that was played that year so it's a possible front runner offer at the minute. Stumbled across a course called Beaufort near Killarney too and looks decent enough,like you say if the weather is decent it will make all the difference

straightred

Quote from: bigfrank on July 04, 2022, 01:25:17 PM
That's for the reply tatler,have been emailing and checking for GUI opens on next week in Kerry to see what availability and prices. Tralee don't offer any gui rate and quoted me €250 a person,Waterville is €150 per person with gui card,Killarney has an open on next Wednesday for €60,I watched Irish open in Kerry a long time ago,think this is the course that was played that year so it's a possible front runner offer at the minute. Stumbled across a course called Beaufort near Killarney too and looks decent enough,like you say if the weather is decent it will make all the difference

I've played Beauford a few times and its a good test. Cant remember how much it was but it was reasonable (maybe 30 to 40)

Mikhail Prokhorov

highorlow

The Ballybunnion online price is for the yanks. Ring them up and ask what the price is for a GUI Handicapper.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mikhail Prokhorov

Greg Norman not welcome at st andrews this week it seems

Milltown Row2

Few struggling today, Woods having a mare Fitzpatrick poor for his recent form, but Harrington and Rory doing well for the Irish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tatler Jack

Very slow play and poor coverage with too much focus as usual on Tiger.

Orior

Quote from: Tatler Jack on July 14, 2022, 08:41:19 PM

I think Rory's round was about 5.5 hours. There are a few shared greens and greens close to tee-boxes but 5.5 hours is ridiculous.

Is Jordan Spieth the slowest?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thebigfella

Quote from: Orior on July 14, 2022, 08:47:41 PM

I think Rory's round was about 5.5 hours. There are a few shared greens and greens close to tee-boxes but 5.5 hours is ridiculous.

You have shared fairways too (1st and 18th being an example) but quite a few of the par 4s are drivable with the conditions which means players are standing around until the greens clear or people move aside. The course doesn't allow fast play at this level.

screenexile

Quote from: thebigfella on July 14, 2022, 09:42:21 PM

You have shared fairways too (1st and 18th being an example) but quite a few of the par 4s are drivable with the conditions which means players are standing around until the greens clear or people move aside. The course doesn't allow fast play at this level.

Also with the size of the greens inevitably there are a lot of ridiculously long putts which takes a shit ton of time as well as the bonkers pin positions they had as they were scared of 10 under or lower!

Think Tigers group was over 6 hours but 5.5hrs for Rory's group is shocking given he Morikawa and Xander would normally be fairly fast!

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on July 15, 2022, 12:41:43 AM

Also with the size of the greens inevitably there are a lot of ridiculously long putts which takes a shit ton of time as well as the bonkers pin positions they had as they were scared of 10 under or lower!

Think Tigers group was over 6 hours but 5.5hrs for Rory's group is shocking given he Morikawa and Xander would normally be fairly fast!

Genuinely who has time to watch this? I certainly don't.
There is a problem in general with slow play on tour but the authorities are reluctant to do anything about it. While LIV might be a load of shite they have recognised that watching 6 hour rounds on TV is a pretty terrible experience with 3783 ads thrown in.

Applesisapples

I followed the Speith/Rahm group on the red button, they waited at the 14th for close on 1/2 hour.

thebigfella

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2022, 10:21:47 AM

There is a problem in general with slow play on tour but the authorities are reluctant to do anything about it. While LIV might be a load of shite they have recognised that watching 6 hour rounds on TV is a pretty terrible experience with 3783 ads thrown in.

Liv rounds will still take the same as other tours. Kevin Na is not going to magically speed up just because it's a shotgun start  ::)

On the TV, no one has picked up the TV rights for LIV events. Rest assured once that happens, it will be 6 hours of golf only with 3783 ads thrown in. I found it great dipping in and out of this all day yesterday.

JPGJOHNNYG

Looks to be playing very easy this morning, a lot of low scores being posted

trailer

Quote from: thebigfella on July 15, 2022, 11:37:14 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2022, 10:21:47 AM

Liv rounds will still take the same as other tours. Kevin Na is not going to magically speed up just because it's a shotgun start  ::)

On the TV, no one has picked up the TV rights for LIV events. Rest assured once that happens, it will be 6 hours of golf only with 3783 ads thrown in. I found it great dipping in and out of this all day yesterday.

Well if and when they do insert 3783 ads into an exhibition tour broadcast no one will pay to watch Kevin Na.