Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Anyone watch "The Kings", 4 part documentary on Duran, Hearns, Hagler and Leonard. Thoroughly enjoyable watch. Duran some man for one man.

CiKe

Quote from: Look-Up! on July 06, 2022, 12:20:59 AM
Anyone watch "The Kings", 4 part documentary on Duran, Hearns, Hagler and Leonard. Thoroughly enjoyable watch. Duran some man for one man.

Not seen it but I doubt you'll read a better sports book than George Kimabll's "Four Kings"

ONeill

Chisora, no idea how he won that.

Is there a sport where the judges see totally different things? 116-112 and then 112-116.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2022, 11:10:56 PM
Chisora, no idea how he won that.

Is there a sport where the judges see totally different things? 116-112 and then 112-116.

Was 'watching' the betting on it, which bid general the best you can gauge live, after round 8 they had him in front well enough, always a good indicator I feel
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

I thought Chisora deserved that, landed far more significant punches.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Some change in style by Conlan.

tintin25

Never seen a lad slip as much as that opponent...they weren't knockdowns either.  Still not convinced by Conlon but sure it'll be the bigger fights where he's properly judged

tonto1888

Quote from: CiKe on July 06, 2022, 03:20:11 PM

Not seen it but I doubt you'll read a better sports book than George Kimabll's "Four Kings"

Thats a brilliant book. Where can you watch this documentary?

bannside

Commonwealth gold for Irish 57Kg champion Jude Gallagher from Newtownstewart. Neither semi finalist or finalist would go into the ring with him. Watch out, this guy could be Irelands next boxing superstar.

Look-Up!

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 07, 2022, 12:26:54 PM
Quote from: CiKe on July 06, 2022, 03:20:11 PM

Thats a brilliant book. Where can you watch this documentary?
Not sure, think it's on Prime but mightn't be free. I saw it on the dodgy box.

Jim Bob

Anyone think Joshua will win ?

nrico2006

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 20, 2022, 05:03:58 PM
Anyone think Joshua will win ?

If he could fight like he used to he could win, hatd to reprogrammed the mind though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gawa316

What time are we expecting the fight to approx.start around?

ONeill

Think the wireless reckoned a 10.30 ringwalk.

bennydorano

I take it we're all in agreement, AJ knocks him out or else he gets the lugs boxed off him?