Why are non-Tyrone people obsessed about Tyrone?

Started by square_ball, August 13, 2019, 06:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Angelo on August 14, 2019, 04:37:27 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 14, 2019, 04:24:35 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2019, 02:54:51 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 14, 2019, 02:34:09 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 14, 2019, 09:29:42 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 14, 2019, 08:37:40 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-if-tyrone-put-as-much-into-football-as-the-dark-arts-they-d-be-some-team-1.3985286
Complete clickbait headline.
A nonsense article too from the usually decent O'se

The headline isn't based on the article. The headine is very anti-tyrone though, which gives precedence to the thread title. Is it partitionism and just manifests via tyrone as only northern team successful enough to bother anyone?
The headline is taken from a quote O'Se made in the article

"Christ, if they put as much thought and brain-power into the actual football as they do into all the other stuff, they'd be some team"

That was regards a player trying to get free for a short free, not in reference to any 'dark arts'.

'I thought of him a bit on Sunday watching Tyrone. There was one stage where a substitution was being made and one of their players came over to the sideline pretending to be the one coming off the pitch before doubling back on himself in the confusion to show for a free. I was watching this thinking, 'Christ, if they put as much thought and brain-power into the actual football as they do into all the other stuff, they'd be some team.'

Its a leap for the sub editor to make the link (and include the McKernan pic) when the only specific ref to dark arts is Tommy Walsh getting wired into Morgan (but sure that was only a bit of craic).

I'm not from Tyrone, and have no love for them, but I do see the bias.

The narrative has been in place since 2003 since Pat Spillane in a fit of sour grapes tried to diminish Tyrone's football and style of play because they beat Kerry up a stick.

Above all counties in Ireland, I have no time for Kerry, their fans, their antics, their double talk and bad grace in defeat. Fitzmaurice was out right in the aftermath of the win trying to impose pressure on Gough for the final. Kerry have absolutely zero interest in a fair fight and will engage their propaganda machine in full flight.

It disgusting watching the likes of Colm O'Rourke cheerleading them and ignoring all the cynicism that goes with them and then have him spouting on about the bad smell following Tyrone.

Maybe if the Derry lads had much experience of being in crunch games with Kerry at the business end of Championship, they might soon realise we are only in the ha'penny place.

Its the only reason RTE keep him on, he's like a wet teabag for everything else but he perks up when he gets the opportunity to spite Tyrone.

dublin7

Tyrone aren't as cynical as they used to be, but they have a reputation based on previous years that they cant shake unfortunately. Before the black card Tyrone were masters of the dark arts and for me the most cynical team in the country. They'd get in front and from about 15 min from the end start dragging down players, going down injured or doing anything to kill the pace of the game and stop the oppostion gaining any momentum.

You also had various incidents at under age in a short space of time  involving Tyrone were I think at u21 level an opposition manager refused to shake hands with Tyrone manager because of the verbal abuse aimed at his players and a separate incident were a Tyrone player was accused of sledging an opponent about his Dad dying!!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dublin7 on August 15, 2019, 08:15:05 PM
Tyrone aren't as cynical as they used to be, but they have a reputation based on previous years that they cant shake unfortunately. Before the black card Tyrone were masters of the dark arts and for me the most cynical team in the country. They'd get in front and from about 15 min from the end start dragging down players, going down injured or doing anything to kill the pace of the game and stop the oppostion gaining any momentum.

You also had various incidents at under age in a short space of time  involving Tyrone were I think at u21 level an opposition manager refused to shake hands with Tyrone manager because of the verbal abuse aimed at his players and a separate incident were a Tyrone player was accused of sledging an opponent about his Dad dying!!!

Poor, gullible, diddums... do you believe everything you read? And do you really want someone to list out the Dubs' verifiable on-pitch transgressions over the last 10 years, which amount to a whole lot more?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Angelo

Sour grapes. Some of the dirt from the Tipp players was shocking that day including their midfielder stamping down on a prone McShane. In fact the amount of late and filthy hits McShane took that day was well across the line.

You sling enough mud and it will stick and that's what the media have done with Tyrone.

Imagine people were bringing up the fact that under Jim Gavin, Dublin have been involved in the following incidents

2x biting allegations (O'Gara and O'Brien)
2x gouging incidents (McCarthy and O'Gara)
At least 3 diving incidents in Championship football where a Dublin player tried to get an opposing player sent off (Cooper v Monaghan, McMahon v Mayo and Mannion v Meath)
A behind closed doors mass brawl in a friendly game
A player pushing a match official
Etc

Tyrone seem to be the only county who have a log kept on their transgressions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

You really think a lad would make up a story he was sledged about his Dad dying???? Yet you wonder why neutrals dislike Tyrone.
It says alot about the perception of Tyrone football that people believed the story about the water bottle. If the same rumours came out about Mayo or Kilkenny no one would believe it

Armagh18

Theres a balance to all these things. Nice boys win sweet feck all and in championship football you need to be a nasty bastard and a cute hoor and all the rest of if but obviously that sort of personal verbal abuse is over the line.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dublin7 on August 15, 2019, 10:09:39 PM
You really think a lad would make up a story he was sledged about his Dad dying???? Yet you wonder why neutrals dislike Tyrone.
It says alot about the perception of Tyrone football that people believed the story about the water bottle. If the same rumours came out about Mayo or Kilkenny no one would believe it

The 'perception' of Tyrone, is furnished by gullible eejits like yourself, lapping at the feet of that execrable Spillane. Get a grip FFS. *

* This is not your oul RTÉ nonsense.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on August 15, 2019, 10:09:39 PM

I don't think he made it up. Michael Carroll never even alleged that happened, the inquiry from the Ulster GAA concluded that no comments were made about Carroll's father and this finding was accepted by both Donegal and Tyrone.

This is the type of shit that you are basing your views on.

Angelo

https://www.donegaldaily.com/2015/05/28/kevin-cassidy-we-targeted-tyrones-peter-harte-during-ulster-sfc-in-2011/

Kevin Cassidy article saying Michael Carroll never made any allegations about what happened.

Ulster GAA's findings:

On balance of probabilities and following a review of the evidence, it was likely that some Tyrone players made unwelcome verbal comments towards the Donegal player during the game.

Both county committees and the investigation committee accept that the comments were not about the death of the player's father.

Tyrone GAA has expressed their best wishes to the Donegal player in question. The Donegal GAA officials welcomed and thanked Tyrone GAA for their comments and have also expressed the same sentiments to all the Tyrone players. This matter is now concluded....

The Committee agreed with both County Committees that the findings will remain confidential. We would also highlight that recent media reports regarding the investigation do not accurately reflect the findings of the Committee

-----------------------------------------------------------

But don't let that get dublin7 in the way of his misinformed nonsense.

tyrone08

Quote from: Angelo on August 15, 2019, 10:08:06 PM

Sour grapes. Some of the dirt from the Tipp players was shocking that day including their midfielder stamping down on a prone McShane. In fact the amount of late and filthy hits McShane took that day was well across the line.

You sling enough mud and it will stick and that's what the media have done with Tyrone.

Imagine people were bringing up the fact that under Jim Gavin, Dublin have been involved in the following incidents

At least 3 diving incidents in Championship football where a Dublin player tried to get an opposing player sent off (Cooper v Monaghan, McMahon v Mayo and Mannion v Meath)
Etc

Dont forget philly eye gouging the star

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 15, 2019, 10:29:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 15, 2019, 10:08:06 PM

Etc

Dont forget philly eye gouging the star

That's 3 so.

tyrone08

Listen all teams have had dirty players over the years and all teams are at this sort of this shit  which most of the team fans choose to Ignore.

I have no problem with that, the problem I have is when fans of these teams point the holier than tho finger and when the media e.g mainly ex Kerry players cry about it but ignore their own teams behaviour.

No successfull county in the last 20 years have been squeaky clean.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Exactly, it's this nauseatingly sanctimonious shite that dublin7, Kerry (in general), et al., perennially come out with. Would make you puke!  :P

Main Street

I am shocked to read of the levels of persecution carried out by the nefarious O'Rourke & Spillane and anybody from Kerry, against the honest decent football county of Tyrone. I had no idea this conspiracy was so advanced, from those at the top at RTE, all the national newspapers and most deviously those Kerry natives who orchestrate the whole campaign. Add into the mix, all the referees who with dedicated purpose  are out to thwart Tyrone's hopes at every opportunity.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on August 15, 2019, 11:10:25 PM
I am shocked to read of the levels of persecution carried out by the nefarious O'Rourke & Spillane and anybody from Kerry, against the honest decent football county of Tyrone. I had no idea this conspiracy was so advanced, from those at the top at RTE, all the national newspapers and most deviously those Kerry natives who orchestrate the whole campaign. Add into the mix, all the referees who with dedicated purpose  are out to thwart Tyrone's hopes at every opportunity.

Good man. Your irony meter is broken too, contributing to this particular thread  :D