Dinny Breen

From runner-up  2 years ago to Bowl C this year  :-[

Might retire my franchise...
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 02, 2011, 03:26:53 PM
From runner-up  2 years ago to Bowl C this year  :-[

Might retire my franchise...

The vagaries of the NFL. Parity is king.  Don't retire though, my C team needs a good run out.

AZOffaly

18 in so far lads. Keep registering, and when we get enough for 3 leagues, I'll make the C Division.  If everyone just registers in one of the two divisions that are there now, that should allow for up to 32.

We'll then split out by the divisions after that, so you'll just have to rejoin the league I send you individually. Sounds complicated, but it isn't.

the Deel Rover

Us Connact teams love February bound to be a winner from the province. Any sign of Bombidal ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Iceman

AZ are you planning on following the same rules and positions as last year?

Also what about the draft? I wasn't able to make the draft (my work blocks it) but if you plan on going ahead and following the normal draft I will possibly "work from home" that day.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Was planning on it Iceman, unless people have proposals, which I'll put to demographic vote via a poll here.

As for the draft, I'm going to aim for weekend evenings, Irish Time, if that's okay. Probably a Saturday evening, or maybe a Friday night. How does that sound?

The Iceman

Saturday would be best for me as Friday Ireland time is afternoon here but don't go according to me - whatever is handier for the majority.

I think the format worked well last year.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

andoireabu

Lads I have a couple of questions as I'm a newcomer to this game.  I'm guessing its like fantasy soccer where you pick a team of players and they get you points based on how they do.  Most points win and you can make changes at various times during the year.  Any other basic things I'm missing? 

Also the draft, I take it this is where you get your players but how does it work? Is it automatically picked or do we all pick out of a pot at the same time?  If you miss the draft do you get left with the players nobody else wanted?  Cheers for the advice in advance!
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

AZOffaly

Same principle doireabu, except each week you are playing against 1 other manager. Your points for that week versus his determines the winners.

The draft is how you get your initial roster, from which you pick a weekly team.

Just before the draft, you are assigned a draft position. (e.g 3)  That means you pick 3rd the first time, and 3rd last the second time, 3rd again the 3rd time and so on.

The trick with the draft, unlike the soccer, is that everyone is basically picking from the same pool. So it's not based on money or a budget. You can pick anybody still available, as long as you fill the required positions. As soon as a player is picked though, he is gone for everyone else.

So in my example, you'll have the third pick in round one, and will be able to select anybody except the two players selected by the lads picking in positions 1 and 2.

Obviously as the rounds go on, less and less players are available.  You should try a few mock drafts on Yahoo. (It's called a 'snake' draft).

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: andoireabu on August 02, 2011, 10:28:05 PM
Lads I have a couple of questions as I'm a newcomer to this game.  I'm guessing its like fantasy soccer where you pick a team of players and they get you points based on how they do.  Most points win and you can make changes at various times during the year.  Any other basic things I'm missing? 

Also the draft, I take it this is where you get your players but how does it work? Is it automatically picked or do we all pick out of a pot at the same time?  If you miss the draft do you get left with the players nobody else wanted?  Cheers for the advice in advance!

Here ya go           http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/football/rules/

Basics
1) look at league scoring rules per position
2) how many starters needed per postion
3) look for backups at rb, qb & wr positions
4) score more points than opponent and win
5) wait for another week before rating players (free agency still going on)
6) the draft is live where you pick from the player pool (sometimes yahoo misses players ie DL,LB)
7) pick players based on point projection
8) if you can't make the draft, yahoo will pick auto for you from your pre-ranked players
9) trash talk is encouraged
10) set lineups every week, look at injury reports and have fun

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ceiphas50

The New York Jets V are in,the only thing i would like to see changed is the 2 roster spots for DL men, there a obscure enough bunch  & are nearly impossible to predict form wise outside the top 4-5 guys.Ideally id like to see them dropped altogether but if we have to have x amount of D men theres plenty of DBs out there for every1 to have four decent players
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

The Claw

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 02, 2011, 08:40:38 PM
Was planning on it Iceman, unless people have proposals, which I'll put to demographic vote via a poll here.

As for the draft, I'm going to aim for weekend evenings, Irish Time, if that's okay. Probably a Saturday evening, or maybe a Friday night. How does that sound?
Royal Badgers are in.
Weekend would suit me better also as its blocked in work. I'd say a Sunday evening when everyone is watching the Sunday game would be a good time, people won't have engagements like they might on the Friday or Saturday...

AZOffaly

declan85

Good stuff AZ, good to have this back.
The reigning champions Smackdown Clowns are back in...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Claw on August 03, 2011, 11:10:37 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 02, 2011, 08:40:38 PM

Royal Badgers are in.
Weekend would suit me better also as its blocked in work. I'd say a Sunday evening when everyone is watching the Sunday game would be a good time, people won't have engagements like they might on the Friday or Saturday...

yeah sunday evening suits me too
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001