NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Rossie11 on September 15, 2010, 03:25:28 PM
QuoteFeckin poxy new waiver system just cost me Brandon Jackson. I was number 1 on the wire when I put in a claim for him (after getting last pick in the draft) only to be dumped to number 14. What a load of shite.
You did got near 150pts in week 1.. Do you really need him? Forte and hightower will be more productive.. even with all their lost fumbles.

Well he'll be the starter. Can't see much coming from Hightower after his 2 fumbles. One of which nearly cost them the game. Plus Larod Stephens-Howling is beginning to eat into his carries. Picked Hardesty as my RB3 and he got injured before the season even started. Don't have a great team really. Only freak weeks from Manning and Forte got me a big score week 1 which booted my arse back to the end of the queue.

the Deel Rover

QuoteFeckin poxy new waiver system just cost me Brandon Jackson. I was number 1 on the wire when I put in a claim for him (after getting last pick in the draft) only to be dumped to number 14. What a load of shite.
You did got near 150pts in week 1.. Do you really need him? Forte and hightower will be more productive.. even with all their lost fumbles.

arah them galway boys are greedy whores rossie  :D not like ye roscommon bucks
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 15, 2010, 03:30:06 PM

Well he'll be the starter. Can't see much coming from Hightower after his 2 fumbles. One of which nearly cost them the game. Plus Larod Stephens-Howling is beginning to eat into his carries.

good spot GBB. Whiz sat with Hightower on the plane back to Phoenix apparently, and told him that the fumbles were not acceptable. With Beanie back, if Hightower looks anyway unsafe, then LSH will start getting more work. Hightower's real value is going to be the 2nd down dump off throws when Wells comes back, which could be this week. However, they do like Hightower, so if he sorts himself out he'll be grand.

Rossie11

I felt like a Mayo manager this week Deel.. had a good player and decided not to play him..  Welker..   ::)
It didnt matter against the greedy Wegian anyways

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Rossie11 on September 15, 2010, 03:41:50 PM
I felt like a Mayo manager this week Deel.. had a good player and decided not to play him..  Welker..   ::)
It didnt matter against the greedy Wegian anyways

:D jeez rossie surprised at you not playing welker who did you play instead . Are you headng to wembley this year ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Rossie11

Quotejeez rossie surprised at you not playing welker who did you play instead . Are you headng to wembley this year ?
Take your pick.. Ricky Williams or Jacoby Jones.. shocking..
Not sure about Wembley. Been stopped going into a pub by a bouncer in a Galway jersey
last year still hurts..  :D

mc_grens

Quote from: Rossie11 on September 15, 2010, 04:14:37 PM
Quotejeez rossie surprised at you not playing welker who did you play instead . Are you headng to wembley this year ?
Not sure about Wembley. Been stopped going into a pub by a bouncer in a Galway jersey

Ah Rossie... Never, ever drop Welker in a point per catch league. Even without yds or tds he'll get 6/7 receptions and will almost always guarantee you 10+ points.

Rossie11

He was listed as a "fantasy lame" by the experts
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Lames-Giant-sized-payback-coming-for-DeAngelo-W?urn=fantasy-268448
Thats what caused me to drop him.
Didnt matter anyway would only have closed to within 30pts of Galway bay with him starting!!

mc_grens

Aye, but they are thinking of standard leagues.

In a std league Welker wasnt a great play if you take out the two TD's (which you can never hang your hat on). He only got about 60 yds receiving, which would be approx 6 points.

But in a PPR- even leaving out the TD's- he was good for 14 points because of the 8 receptions.

Welker has led the league in receptions for the last 3 years or so with around 110-120 per year, which makes him a beast in the PPR format.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Rossie11 on September 15, 2010, 04:14:37 PM

he must have known you were a rossie  ;) fair play to the man he let his mayo neighbours in and the place packed to the ceiling , i thought he was a gent :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

The Iceman

can we put a time limit on trades? This way we dont have them hanging for days or weeks?

I am willing to trade Calvin Johnson for a top 20 RB
Or Andre Johnson for a top 10 RB +1
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

I never realized how much craic this Fantasy Football could be. I put in fantasy teams in premiership soccer before but this is completely different. Because I'm in America i am now able to carry a conversation with the yanks all about the draft and my team and who's who.....

I think I have a team on the way to the playoffs! Heavy on the WR's light on the RB's but I'll get there with a few more trades.......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

Iceman - You mustn't have gone for Brandon Jacobs. That could have been the making of ya. Very hard to work something with trades for RB's by the look of it. More depth at other positions.

The Iceman

I went for Brandon Jackson from GB but didn't get him. I messed up with the waivers in all honesty but I have the debth now at WR to trade for something in the next couple of weeks.
There are some solid teams in our league -I came last this week but its my first time out and i think I'll do well overall. Bit of craic if nothing else.  Fairly expands the knowledge on the NFL and keeps the interest level peaked!

magpie seanie

I agree, its mental how much I've learned in the last month or so. Really enjoyable.