Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 06, 2011, 09:48:51 AM
Have to say I found that draft tough Sunday night. First pick means long waits and then two picks in a row which isn't as easy as it sounds. I was much better off last year when I hadn't much of a clue!

found it good crack even though i kept getting logged off at various stages which kinda ballsed my selection up . Looking forward to the season . Your team still has the highest projected score for the 1st week Seanie .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Yeah, I had awful problems with my connection. For future reference, we won't leave it until the last Sunday.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 10:17:44 AM
Yeah, I had awful problems with my connection. For future reference, we won't leave it until the last Sunday.

Yup good call Az having said that some of my picks were f**king Afull  :D The minute and a half picking time fairly flew 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

Actually, I think with the 10 team league format, I'd nearly be suggesting we move to ESPN. Ye should try a mock draft there and see what ye think of it.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 10:21:59 AM
Actually, I think with the 10 team league format, I'd nearly be suggesting we move to ESPN. Ye should try a mock draft there and see what ye think of it.

For next year Az ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2011, 10:27:55 AM

For next year Az ?

Yeah, for next year.

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 10:29:17 AM

For next year Az ?

Yeah, for next year.

Just as an aside...

I think both ESPN and yahoo now afford the opportunity to do Dynasty (Keeper) leagues. Would anyone be interested in starting one of these on the side?

I'd love to do it, but we'd need 10 or even 12 to make it interesting.

magpie seanie

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2011, 10:16:12 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 06, 2011, 09:48:51 AM
Have to say I found that draft tough Sunday night. First pick means long waits and then two picks in a row which isn't as easy as it sounds. I was much better off last year when I hadn't much of a clue!

found it good crack even though i kept getting logged off at various stages which kinda ballsed my selection up . Looking forward to the season . Your team still has the highest projected score for the 1st week Seanie .

I was a bit disappointed immediately afterwards but on reflection I did ok. I suppose everyone has the feeling that they just missed out on one or two guys that would have nailed it for them. The 1.5 mins flew alright, nearly didn't get one of my picks off.

Will have a look at ESPN.

Also - would be interested in a keeper league, I'm addicted to this stuff now!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mc_grens on September 06, 2011, 10:58:54 AM

For next year Az ?

Yeah, for next year.

Just as an aside...

I think both ESPN and yahoo now afford the opportunity to do Dynasty (Keeper) leagues. Would anyone be interested in starting one of these on the side?

How does this league work Mc Grens ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

mc_grens

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2011, 11:42:34 AM
Quote from: mc_grens on September 06, 2011, 10:58:54 AM

For next year Az ?

Yeah, for next year.

Just as an aside...

How does this league work Mc Grens ?

We'd draft teams this year and play as normal, probably with one or two IR slots in case your best player gets injured.

Then for next year we'd have agreed a number of players to keep before the draft. E.g if we agreed to keep 3 players. Each team keeps the 3 players they want to and we redraft the rest of our teams.

However, (taking my team from this year as an example) as payment for the players you keep you lose the draft pick that you used last year on them. So if I decided to keep McCoy, Freeman, and CJ Spiller (If Freeman continues to evolve and Spiller breaks out).

That would mean that next year I'd have no 1st, 8th, or 17th round picks, but potentially I'd have my starting QB and RB's sorted.

You can have all sorts of different options on how many players you keep, what the compensation would be, etc. I haven't checked the system out yet, but I'd imagine the ESPN/ yahoo systems replicate that.

The one thing is it's a multiple year thing that you'd be signing up to. I've a mate in the states who's been in the same league for 15 years!

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

I would too, but it would kind of screw our promotion relegation approach :)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 02:17:00 PM
I would too, but it would kind of screw our promotion relegation approach :)

i think mc g intention would be to run this as a seperate legue Az 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers