TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 25, 2021, 03:32:05 PM
I find Alex Borstein (Suzy) hilarious in it too. Great character.

Think they picked up Actress and Supporting Actress Emmy's two years running. Very good together.

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2021, 02:45:39 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 25, 2021, 02:32:59 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on February 25, 2021, 01:12:22 PM
Parks and Recreation good too after a slow first season. Only watching the American Office now too and it is very good. Finished Spy with Sasha Baren Cohen and it was excellent.

Been on a Parks & Rec binge since the weekend. . . it's very funny with some great comic actors in it Ansari/Pratt/Poehler/Jones/Plaza/Offerman are serious operators it's very funny it surprised me to be honest.

I've really enjoyed it and it's short too which helps.

Aye, but would the missus think its funny?

Definitely one for the wife as well it's good that way.

bennydorano

Started watching Your Honour, it is so intense it is unreal, one episode per night is enough. Real top quality show, very hard watch at times and I've only watched 2 episodes.

Rich Ricci

Ben Fogle had a documentary on Channel 5 on Wednesday night where he spent a week inside Chernobyl. Fascinating and harrowing at the same time. Showed the city as it was left, met residents who returned to their homes illegally and also adrenaline junkies who sought the danger of spending a night inside the exclusion zone.

Well worth a watch if you're into that sort of thing.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on March 05, 2021, 08:48:48 AM
Started watching Your Honour, it is so intense it is unreal, one episode per night is enough. Real top quality show, very hard watch at times and I've only watched 2 episodes.

I've started episode 2 and was half watching. Got totally lost and had to go back to the start. Needs full attention but a great show so far. A rough enough opening 15 mins or so.

Taylor

Quote from: JimStynes on March 05, 2021, 09:24:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 05, 2021, 08:48:48 AM

I've started episode 2 and was half watching. Got totally lost and had to go back to the start. Needs full attention but a great show so far. A rough enough opening 15 mins or so.

Is it on Netflix?

bennydorano

Taylor

Cheers Benny - might give it a rattle

Estimator

Watched the first two seasons of The Killing (US version). Decent enough viewing. Would Season 3+4 be as good?
Ulster League Champions 2009

nrico2006

Quote from: Estimator on March 05, 2021, 09:26:12 PM
Watched the first two seasons of The Killing (US version). Decent enough viewing. Would Season 3+4 be as good?

Season 3 was decent and 4 wasnt as good but you may as well go for it. Only watched them about 6 months ago myself.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Watching Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Adam Curtis.

It's the first thing I've watched of his and while I found it tough going in the first episode it's totally engrossing now. Charting the course of history to where we are now and linking the whole thing together through individual stories historic events using old footage and music.

It's really interesting!

lurganblue

Last chance U back on Netflix with a new series.  Basketball in LA this time.  I wouldn't be a fan of the sport but will certainly give this a go.

nrico2006

Enjoyed Manhunter season 2, thought it was pretty good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Finished Bloodlands there 4 hours of my life I'll never get back... what a load of shit.

Shit storyline shit acting shit accents total shit don't watch it!

Thank God AC12 are back next week!

thewobbler

Bloodlands was an extraordinary mess. I don't think I've ever watched as disjointed a show in my life. Really can't believe that such a script was the original pitch. Must have been destroyed with too many cooks.