Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

In fairness Dinny, ye are probably as far away as us :D

Gazzler

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2012, 08:50:01 PM
In fairness Dinny, ye are probably as far away as us :D

I can think of 16 reasons to disagree with that.

We don't do delusion, general pathos over having no money to compete with the big boys anymore is our thing.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

It's fecking depressing either way though. And I have Munster and Offaly as well. Holy Jaysus, I hope the Arizona Cardinals have a good year :D

supersub

To add to my earlier post, it is quite clear that one of the main downfalls of the season is the distinct lack of converted chances. People are asking what's wrong and why is it going so badly, and I know it is all hypothetical but if Liverpool had finished off teams when they were bombarding the opposition goal as they did so often without any joy, they wouldn't be in this mess as they would be higher up the table and fighting for something, rather than laying near half way down the table going nowhere. That is the main problem, goals. Lacklustre performances at this stage are born out of an anti climax of a league campaign with so many points left behind due to poor conversion and lack of a ruthlessness in attack. Please buy a goal scorer if nothing else in the summer. Don't necessarily want anyone to be sold though.

Bingo

ludermor

Quote from: supersub on April 03, 2012, 02:50:48 AM
To add to my earlier post, it is quite clear that one of the main downfalls of the season is the distinct lack of converted chances. People are asking what's wrong and why is it going so badly, and I know it is all hypothetical but if Liverpool had finished off teams when they were bombarding the opposition goal as they did so often without any joy, they wouldn't be in this mess as they would be higher up the table and fighting for something, rather than laying near half way down the table going nowhere. That is the main problem, goals. Lacklustre performances at this stage are born out of an anti climax of a league campaign with so many points left behind due to poor conversion and lack of a ruthlessness in attack. Please buy a goal scorer if nothing else in the summer. Don't necessarily want anyone to be sold though.
There isnt many better goal scorers than Darren Bent but you rubbished him before, have you changed your mind?

AZOffaly

The Boston Red Sox fired Terry Francona this year, and he had brought them a lot of success, so I don't think sentiment will play a major part in any considerations. If they leave the King on his throne, it will be because they think he is the right man, or that there'd be a revolt if he was sacked.

J OGorman

It would be madness for Liverpool to get shot of Dalglish @ the end of the season. As much as money is killing the game, the media, esp the poisonous red tops and sky pumping football feeds into peoples brains 24 / 7. I can certainly understand younger fans of football, teenagers like EC Unique et al, as this is what they are subjected to via their sky subscriptions. They have lost the ability to be able to think for themselves. Dalglish 'is out of his depth' etc etc...sweet jesus. Success has to be immediate or a manager gets his p45. Its a sad indictment that the likes of Dalglish cannot at least see out his contract and try to build something. No doubt Dalglish has made a few poor signings and hasn't spent the Torres money wisely.
Would Ferguson have survived in his first 5 odd years @ Utd if the Sky juggernaut was in full swing? Revie, Shankley?
Admittedly I don't watch as much as I used to and would only travel to game at most a season now, but it would serve Liverpool zero purpose to get rid of Dalglish without letting him see his contract through and more. 

AZOffaly

I agree. I think people lose sight of the big picture or a long term view because of the fact they are subjected to hype and nonsense all the time. The Ferguson point is well made, but only Bob Paisley and Kenny Dalglish himself in his first stint would have been safe on those standards. It's crazy stuff.

thebigfella

Quote from: J OGorman on April 03, 2012, 11:44:09 AM
It would be madness for Liverpool to get shot of Dalglish @ the end of the season. As much as money is killing the game, the media, esp the poisonous red tops and sky pumping football feeds into peoples brains 24 / 7. I can certainly understand younger fans of football, teenagers like EC Unique et al, as this is what they are subjected to via their sky subscriptions. They have lost the ability to be able to think for themselves. Dalglish 'is out of his depth' etc etc...sweet jesus. Success has to be immediate or a manager gets his p45. Its a sad indictment that the likes of Dalglish cannot at least see out his contract and try to build something. No doubt Dalglish has made a few poor signings and hasn't spent the Torres money wisely.
Would Ferguson have survived in his first 5 odd years @ Utd if the Sky juggernaut was in full swing? Revie, Shankley?
Admittedly I don't watch as much as I used to and would only travel to game at most a season now, but it would serve Liverpool zero purpose to get rid of Dalglish without letting him see his contract through and more.

I think the media have kept him in the job (especially those gobsh1tes at the BBC) as every one has been afraid to speak out against saint Kenny.

The results/stats don't lie and only for a couple of good results in the cup competitions at the turn of the year against City and Utd, he would have been a worse appointment than Hodgson. His handling of the whole Suaez affair was naive and IMO tarnished his and LFC's reputation, possibly for many years to come.

He's been a sh1te appointment (2nd time round), probably one of the worst in LFC's history considering the money has wasted.

EC Unique

Typical delusion from a Liverpool fan living in the past. All this pesky mordern media etc. I am not a teenager and was watching football when Liverpool were a force to fear in the League. I take your point about Fergie getting time to settle but if you think Kenny is the man to bring Liverpool out of being a mid table average club then good luck to you. By the way I hope he stays too.

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on April 03, 2012, 12:33:07 PM

Typical delusion from a Liverpool fan living in the past. All this pesky mordern media etc. I am not a teenager and was watching football when Liverpool were a force to fear in the League. I take your point about Fergie getting time to settle but if you think Kenny is the man to bring Liverpool out of being a mid table average club then good luck to you. By the way I hope he stays too.

from what I posted above, how have you concluded I am  being a typically delusional Liverpool fan? By saying that Dalglish should get a chance to build something that rather being hounded out prematurely as 50 odd percent of managers in premiership are each season? Is it not those like yourself who think if a manager can completely turn a club around immediately, that they should be sent out to pasture? Who is delusional here?

And for what its worth, I'd rather Utd won the league than City

EC Unique

I think you are delusional if you think Kenny is the man for the job. It is not long ago that Liverpool finished 2nd to Utd in the league. Now they are mid table side. Only last year RH was chased for similar results. Kenny has demonstrated in a few different ways that he is not up to the job. In the transfer Market, in his handling of the saurez affair and in his handling of the media. The players are obviously loosing respect for him as demonstrated by carrol's reaction to being taken off in the Newcastle game.

I can understand why you would want a Liverpool legend to succeed but he is failing miserably. If you think he is the man then I say you are delusional.