Question on cooking...

Started by pintsofguinness, January 18, 2009, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Bensars on March 15, 2010, 01:39:03 PM
Thinner sliced onions in a batter. Dont typically hold the ring structure.

They are class.

Valley Hotel in Fivemiletown does them, feckin mouth is watering thinking about them

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on March 15, 2010, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: Bensars on March 15, 2010, 01:39:03 PM
Thinner sliced onions in a batter. Dont typically hold the ring structure.

They are class.

Valley Hotel in Fivemiletown does them, feckin mouth is watering thinking about them
I thought that placed closed years ago until a girl in work went to a wedding reception in it a few months back. It maybe just looks closed from the main street in 5town.

Milltown Row2

Anyone got a deep fat fryer thats worth recommending? I've an Actifryer but looking to get one of the newer type (bad for you) fryers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

ye olde thread, some long lost posters in there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Illdecide might be open to recomendations for a doughnut maker.

Denn Forever

What do you do with Halloumi?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Last Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 13, 2019, 05:49:00 PM
Slice and fry in some olive oil until browned both sides. Nice wee salty snack with some chilli sauce or pesto

BennyCake

Can anyone recommend any handy, healthy meals to cook for evening dinner? Jaysus, it's such a feckin' chore rustling up something every day. Need some help.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 13, 2019, 05:49:00 PM

Whack it in a burger, lovely with some chilli jam.

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on September 13, 2019, 06:23:30 PM
Can anyone recommend any handy, healthy meals to cook for evening dinner? Jaysus, it's such a feckin' chore rustling up something every day. Need some help.
Have you a slow cooker? Shocking handy they are.
Throw in some diced chicken, veg, potatoes, spinach whatever the feck you want along with a curry paste/powder and leave it to cook as you go about your business.
Would often chop everything the night before and throw it all into the slow cooker in the morning and let it cook on low for 8hrs, when you come home then you have a dinner ready bar throwing on some rice or whatever.
Can make casseroles, ribs anything really.
We would use ours a few times a week.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Keep meaning to look about a slow cooker. Might reduce the chances of me getting fish fingers and potato waffles from the missus

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on September 13, 2019, 06:23:30 PM

My go to meal and it is Keto/Atkins friendly, healthy and SIMPLE

Garlic Shrimp with Broccoli
1 lb of shrimp (thawed)
2-4 cups of broccoli
3-8 gloves of garlic (depending on preference) more garlic better IMO
1 stick of butter

Put broccoli in pot to steam about 8-10 minutes ahead of pan below ( you can slice garlic now)
Slice garlic (thin) and place in pan with melting butter (medium low heat) stir for 3-5 minutes
place shrimp (pat dry with paper towel) in pan and cook till one side is pink then flip, same on other side
once broccoli is steamed place in pan stir around for a minute (on medium high) coating everything in butter and garlic serve right away, pour remaining butter from pan over plated food

I like a kick to it so I throw a pinch or two of crushed red pepper over the top of plated food and adds color

this should feed 2-3 people
should only take 10-18 minutes total

Easy and healthy and minimal cleanup afterwords
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2019, 06:37:00 PM
Keep meaning to look about a slow cooker. Might reduce the chances of me getting fish fingers and potato waffles from the missus

All the foods (to me anyways) taste samey from the slow cooker, and that's ranging from curry's casseroles, and stews. But yes handy as fook to use
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Yes we have a slow cooker. Rarely used. Some good ideas. Cheers.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2019, 07:28:37 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2019, 06:37:00 PM

All the foods (to me anyways) taste samey from the slow cooker, and that's ranging from curry's casseroles, and stews. But yes handy as fook to use

Id agree with that, in fact Id go further Id say it pulls the flavour outta everything. And veg just forget about them

Good for making tough meat cuts tender but you need to pile in the flavourings, red wine is about the best thing for hanging in there in my experience