Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2018, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 20, 2018, 01:20:11 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 19, 2018, 09:57:50 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 19, 2018, 09:37:16 PM
Found this half way down third page.  Were have all the United fans gone? Maybe its the Mourinho effect.

It's the Seanie effect  ;)

Ya. I'm stopping everyone writing about all the great stuff that's happening.  ::)

Crucial result last night in the context of a sticky enough group. Rashford and Martial starting together - more of this please.

How effective did you think they played?

I thought Martial was very good and deserved his goal. Rashford looked like he was trying too hard to impress and needs to relax a bit.

NAG1

Quote from: GJL on September 20, 2018, 02:59:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2018, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 20, 2018, 01:20:11 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 19, 2018, 09:57:50 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 19, 2018, 09:37:16 PM
Found this half way down third page.  Were have all the United fans gone? Maybe its the Mourinho effect.

It's the Seanie effect  ;)

Ya. I'm stopping everyone writing about all the great stuff that's happening.  ::)

Crucial result last night in the context of a sticky enough group. Rashford and Martial starting together - more of this please.

How effective did you think they played?

I thought Martial was very good and deserved his goal. Rashford looked like he was trying too hard to impress and needs to relax a bit.

I have to say I thought end product wise both were extremely poor, not sure if that down to the pitch. But to me Rashford looks as if he is playing on empty.
Twice mybe three times he had an easy pass on and hit the defender with it, lack of concentration maybe.

Martial always looks like he could be dangerous but doesnt do it consistently across a game. Yes he hasnt played enough and I would love to see him getintg a run of games to see if this would improve him.

Happy with Dalot but will give him time to settle in.

magpie seanie

Give them a run of games without criticising them publicly. You know, like Alexis Sanchez. I'd be amazed if they weren't more effective.

Keyser soze

Seanie you are constantly going on about giving these guys a run of games as if it is the panacea for all of Utd's problems. When in fact that opposite is the truth. Having to turn to these 2 lads as a solution is a revelation of hows poor Utd's squad is, they would not get anywhere the best 11 in any of the other top squads in England let alone Europe.

Hasn't Rashford played more minutes than any other young lad of his age anyway.

nrico2006

I would love to see Rashford and Martial given the chances that Sanches has got.  Game after game without doing a thing. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 21, 2018, 09:27:12 AM
Seanie you are constantly going on about giving these guys a run of games as if it is the panacea for all of Utd's problems. When in fact that opposite is the truth. Having to turn to these 2 lads as a solution is a revelation of hows poor Utd's squad is, they would not get anywhere the best 11 in any of the other top squads in England let alone Europe.

As a winger... Not his preferred position

Look what he is doing for England!

Keyser soze

Quote from: GJL on September 21, 2018, 12:32:42 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on September 21, 2018, 09:27:12 AM

As a winger... Not his preferred position

Look what he is doing for England!

He is a bit part player for England sure.

Maroon Manc

Its going to be difficult for Rashford to play up front with the from of Lukaku plus he offers more to the team than Rashford; I'd like to see Lukaku play out wide right to see how he'd get on, he played their for Belgium against Brazil in the world cup and was very impressive.

nrico2006

As mentioned, you only have to look at how Rashford can deliver when he plays through the middle as opposed to being played as a winger.  No point in not giving him a chance in his preferred position.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 21, 2018, 01:36:41 PM
Its going to be difficult for Rashford to play up front with the from of Lukaku plus he offers more to the team than Rashford; I'd like to see Lukaku play out wide right to see how he'd get on, he played their for Belgium against Brazil in the world cup and was very impressive.
Lukaku was probably the worst United player the other night with the first touch of a elephant. For a striker in form he missed straightforward chances against Spurs and Brighton that ended up proving very costly.

Nothing easy tomorrow against Wolves who are a good footballing side, they already drew with Man City and won't fear this game as the Old Trafford fear factor is gone since Ferguson retired.

Boycey

Jeez lads Rashford is TWENTY, his development is being handled pretty well by Mourinho, United and England, at the same age Kane was just back from loan at Norwich.. Currently Rashford is not capable of leading the line at a top club but IF he is good enough it'll happen for him..

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on September 21, 2018, 04:07:31 PM
Jeez lads Rashford is TWENTY, his development is being handled pretty well by Mourinho, United and England, at the same age Kane was just back from loan at Norwich.. Currently Rashford is not capable of leading the line at a top club but IF he is good enough it'll happen for him..

For fucks sake. Such rubbish.

Boycey

Such is your Myopia about Jose you will probably have a go with him about not picking Rashers tomorrow  ;)

Boycey

Fergie back at OT today for 1st time since his illness 8)

stiffler

We've got the special one - sing the Wolverhampton fans.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009