Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

I didn't say he wasn't entitled to his opinion but ffs he doesn't have to post up the same mantra for 2 years solid basically saying the same thing time after time after time. At this stage i could write it for him, as I'm sure, most of the other regular posters could as well. 

magpie seanie

Maybe if people stop blindly calling for support for Mourinho I won't feel the need to reply.

NAG1

Dont think too many are calling for support for JM. I for one am not.
However I would still support the players in the same way as always.

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on August 07, 2018, 11:56:13 AM
Dont think too many are calling for support for JM. I for one am not.
However I would still support the players in the same way as always.

As do I. Always.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 07, 2018, 11:52:23 AM
Maybe if people stop blindly calling for support for Mourinho I won't feel the need to reply.

I was one who'd called for Jose to come at the start, i.e when Fergie left, Jose would have steadied the ship and possibly left the place with better players ...

As it is he's come in after the two clampits and steadied the ship, yes we can all agree that the football isnt great, I haven't really heard anyone say they are happy with the style, yes the couple of Cups and getting back into CL (albeit a let down v Seville) does wonders, but its papering over cracks, though I wouldnt be a fan of ZZ either.. I don't think there is anyone available at the moment that would win the leauge, as Utd is that far behind City
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2018, 12:02:05 PM

I was one who'd called for Jose to come at the start, i.e when Fergie left, Jose would have steadied the ship and possibly left the place with better players ...

As it is he's come in after the two clampits and steadied the ship, yes we can all agree that the football isnt great, I haven't really heard anyone say they are happy with the style, yes the couple of Cups and getting back into CL (albeit a let down v Seville) does wonders, but its papering over cracks, though I wouldnt be a fan of ZZ either.. I don't think there is anyone available at the moment that would win the leauge, as Utd is that far behind City

As a player or manager?

And why?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2018, 12:18:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2018, 12:02:05 PM

As a player or manager?

And why?

As a player? wind your neck in, the topic is about managers, he's past his best a footballer..

As a manager he's been with a team of superstars and achieved lots, the 3 CL wins was great, but only one La Liga, I'd much prefer to see him with a regular team first and see how he operates with a smaller budget.. Not unlike Jose, though Jose did it all with Porto, with a 10th of a budget ZZ had
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

I'd settle for keeping and developing our best young players so that in 2/3 years time United can become a real force again. I genuinely believe if there was a positive manager who could develop players that United could be pretty good again, pretty soon. There's no way anyone can tell me Liverpool have a stronger squad than United for example. People can say United finished ahead of them in the league but in truth they put up as big a title challenge as United (zero) and competed in the CL. The Sevilla debacle was a sacking offence on its own.

Personally I think Mourinho is trying to get sacked. He wants his payout for his big new contract. Unfortunately Woodward is indecisive and useless and will let this drag on and on until another season is in the toilet.

NAG1

Ok positions on the manager pretty clear  :D

Whats the thought on the Pogba to Barca talk? To me it looks like the Fred signing was to cover this eventuality. I'd rather see him stay personally if he can bring (allowed) his world form with him into the season.

I would be fearful of a last minute big bid for Maguire, dont think he is good enough simple as.

yellowcard

Woodward's problem in terms of sacking Mourinho is that at some point fans are going to question his own role in the running of the club. He has been responsible for appointing the last 3 managers none of whom have worked out as expected. He has appeased the fans each year by splashing big on marquee signings like Di Maria, Falcao, Lukaku, Pogba, Sanchez. However the results and more importantly the type of football has not matched the level of player that has been signed. If he sacks Mourinho the spotlight will quickly turn towards his role in these appointments.

In terms of the quality of player, Utd should be at least challenging Man City for the League title. If they got in a decent centre half like Alderweireld or Varane and had a more attack minded manager, I really don't think they would be very far off Man City this season.   

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 07, 2018, 09:30:50 AM
Quote from: Boycey on August 01, 2018, 07:48:04 PM
None of them actually say he's definitely been fined? And even if he is to be fined it'd be for not returning to the tour not for going home in first place..

It's getting quite tiresome at this stage but what's more annoying is rather than adopting the siege mentality of previous United eras fans are happy to join in the bashing..

That's rubbish Boycey. There's a cuckoo in the nest that needs to be got rid of. Mourinho has done nothing for United and there's no reason why United supporters should have any loyalty to him. He's the antithesis of what the club stands for (or used to stand for at any rate). The season could be saved by sacking him soon and getting Zidane in. I'm absolutely sure Zidane would get more out of the current group of players than the current manager.

And to be fair I was a Mourinho critic for a long time. Never changed my spots on him.

There are cuckoos in Uniteds nest alright but its not Mourinho, hes way down the list of culpable people in my opinion. I could debate it with you Seanie, I've tried before but your dislike of Mourinho trumps all other things for you as far as I can see (and I think I mightn't be alone in that). No reason to have loyalty to him? I'll tell you why I'm loyal to him its cause he's currently the manager of Manchester United and until that changes I'll work on that basis..

Quote"If I can answer very simply and candidly. Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business."
- That sums things up better than I ever could

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on August 07, 2018, 01:53:11 PM
None of them actually say he's definitely been fined? And even if he is to be fined it'd be for not returning to the tour not for going home in first place..

It's getting quite tiresome at this stage but what's more annoying is rather than adopting the siege mentality of previous United eras fans are happy to join in the bashing..

That's rubbish Boycey. There's a cuckoo in the nest that needs to be got rid of. Mourinho has done nothing for United and there's no reason why United supporters should have any loyalty to him. He's the antithesis of what the club stands for (or used to stand for at any rate). The season could be saved by sacking him soon and getting Zidane in. I'm absolutely sure Zidane would get more out of the current group of players than the current manager.

And to be fair I was a Mourinho critic for a long time. Never changed my spots on him.

There are cuckoos in Uniteds nest alright but its not Mourinho, hes way down the list of culpable people in my opinion. I could debate it with you Seanie, I've tried before but your dislike of Mourinho trumps all other things for you as far as I can see (and I think I mightn't be alone in that). No reason to have loyalty to him? I'll tell you why I'm loyal to him its cause he's currently the manager of Manchester United and until that changes I'll work on that basis..

Quote"If I can answer very simply and candidly. Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business."

I assume you are referring to the owners and their minions. I think my stance on them has been pretty clear since the outset. They're harder to get rid of though. Mourinho's appointment is a consequence of the owners "business model" that was flagged by the likes of me a decade or more ago. No appreciation of the clubs history. No necessity to actually win the big trophies.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Boycey on August 07, 2018, 01:53:11 PM

You are clearly deluded son

Boycey

What am I deluded about?

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on August 07, 2018, 04:51:04 PM
What am I deluded about?

Your allegiance to a money making corporation. It's like supporting Microsoft or something. It's just weird.