Colereaine

Started by Dinny Breen, May 09, 2018, 09:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Where is the best place to watch the rugby on Saturday that is close to UUC?

Also where would be the best place for about 20 20 somethings from the South to go out Saturday night?

Any advice appreciated.
#newbridgeornowhere

JoG2

The Anchor in Portstewart. I wouldn't sup in Coleraine with Portstewart on your doorstep Dinny

quit yo jibbajabba

Shenanigans be pretty popular too id say and its about 100metres away from the Anchor chap

Must round up the Prods here 😉

Don Johnson

Atticus Finch could let you know, he is one of the Coleraine Ultras who travels the length and breadth of the country supporting Oran Kearney's blue and white army.

Tony Baloney

If you're in UUC you're halfway to Portatewart so follow the advice of the lads and take yourself there (less than 10 mins). The Anchor is a fantastic spot.

Dinny Breen

Sold! The Anchor it is. GRMA.
#newbridgeornowhere

illdecide

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 10, 2018, 07:58:16 AM
Sold! The Anchor it is. GRMA.

Dinny you could try spelling it right ;) COLERAINE
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

magpie seanie

The Anchor is a grand spot. I have relations up that country and I've been there a lot. Coleraine not a great town for pubs.

Keyser soze

Watching the rugby the Anchor would probably be the best spot, though Portstewart Arms is a great wee spot just up the street, brilliant Guinness.

Saturday night out for 20 yr olds in the Triangle... it has to be Kellys in Portrush.

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 09, 2018, 09:48:09 PM
Atticus Finch could let you know, he is one of the Coleraine Ultras who travels the length and breadth of the country supporting Oran Kearney's blue and white army.

Behave yourself Don Johnson ya wee skitter !!   Some of the boys took umbrage at your comments in the Barcelona thread. They felt you did not portray them as the culture vultures that they truly are ! The only reason they were in Irish bars two days in a row was because the Friday was Cheltenham Gold cup day and the Saturday was St Patrick's day and they wanted to watch the England vs Ireland Grand Slam rugby game.

My tuppence worth - agree with a lot of comments already posted.   JoG2 is correct when he says do not sup in Coleraine if at all possible. Agree with Keyser that Portstewart Arms is a great wee bar but Anchor probably better to watch rugby.

As for a night out, I'd say Harbour bar Portrush seems to be the most popular for the 20 somethings around the area these days. 

Dinny - Hope you and the lads enjoy your weekend.

While I'm here it would be remiss of me to point out another event that is happening near Coleraine area on Saturday night in Swatragh (aka The Swaaaa) which is about 25 mins away from Coleraine.

There is a GAA panel discussion which is being held in Friel's bar, Swatragh featuring Joe Brolly, Brendan Devenney, Owen Mulligan and others with proceeds going to Opt for Life & Revive ICU.

The event is hosted by the Ballerin GAA club in memory of their player Shaun Mullan who tragically passed away in a cycling accident at the end of last year.

It's a marquee event featuring live music, with some great raffle prizes and some fantastic sports memorabilia which is being auctioned.  A good night's craic should be in store.

Tickets are £10 and I understand that they are selling out quickly, if anyone is interested in tickets they can call the organisers Paul (07761500902) or Brian ( 07761500902).  Cheers

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Insane Bolt

Love Harbour bar in Portrush

Keyser soze

I am an aficionado of the Harbour Bar myself. [Apart from that complete tool that does the bar] 

But it is not the most suitable venue for a group of 20 year olds for a Saturday night out, sure they would have every woman in the place chatted up in 10 minutes!  Kellys is the man for the job by a country mile .     

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 10, 2018, 11:11:03 AM
I am an aficionado of the Harbour Bar myself. [Apart from that complete tool that does the bar] 

But it is not the most suitable venue for a group of 20 year olds for a Saturday night out, sure they would have every woman in the place chatted up in 10 minutes!  Kellys is the man for the job by a country mile .     

Your man that won barman of the year multiple times... met him at awards do in City Hall few years ago....agree Kelly's for younger ones.

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 10, 2018, 11:11:03 AM

Did some laughing at that !    "Ooooor Wullie"  ... seems a bit of a marmite character !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Keyser soze

Uriah Heep couldn't hold a candle to him lol