Tony Davis

Started by Dinny Breen, July 09, 2007, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Yeah, especially when they are answering someone else!!

Leo

The whole RTE presentation would put you to sleep. BBC (NI) do far better job. Marty Morrissey on TV, Brian Carty on radio, Jim carney anywhere - jezz give us a break! Tohill bores the socks off me as does Paul Curran. McStay can be interesteing but too serious about himself. Martin McHugh is good but I'd like to see some "fire in the belly" pundits who are not subjected to the dead hand that currently directs GAA production on RTE.
Fierce tame altogether

Jinxy

Martin McHugh is a bitter "Ulster is best so forget the rest" type of character. Himself and Jarlath look like they can't stand each other too.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cromagh

Davis - doesnt even know the players names - when he is referring to players he is busying looking at his notes to get their names!!!! f**k i know there names and im just a gaa fan. he gets paid £400 a night to read players names off a sheet!!!! Brutal....he even said last nite that Kildarew had never won a qulifier until Saturday...bulshit they beat cavan last year!!!

full back

Seen him reading the names of players from the sheet last night - how the fcuk can RTE justify having that man on the panel?
Not only does he not know any of the players' names, but he obviously hasnt done any research before he goes on air - woeful

An_dun_abu

Do Antrim have any chance of qualifying for the Quarter Finals in the Hurling if they beat Galway. The Sunday Game never gave them a mention and it showed Kilkenny v Galway as the quarter final draw.

Kerry Mike

Davis: In Cork he'd be known as a Langer.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Onlooker

If Antrim beat Galway next week-end, they will be in the quarter finals aginst Kilkenny.  Unlikely but it would be great if it did happen. It might even shut Ger Loughnane up for a while!!.

From the Bunker

Did anyone see the Galway/Clare match. I missed the full coverage on Saturday evening, the highlights on Sunday afternoon and the highlights on the Sunday game. Did anyone see the 4 minutes devoted to Limerick and louth also! ;D

Louth Exile

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 09, 2007, 05:45:04 PM
Did anyone see the Galway/Clare match. I missed the full coverage on Saturday evening, the highlights on Sunday afternoon and the highlights on the Sunday game. Did anyone see the 4 minutes devoted to Limerick and louth also! ;D

Just what we have come to expect at this stage, you forgot to mention that it was the very last action of the programme and they didn't even bother to discuss it, anyway....

I thought that Spillane landed him in last night with his typical negative shite, he was even trying to take away from the Sligo win (areshole) I like Tohill and Mc Stay, Curran is useless and Bernie Flynn is a little p***k
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

Quote from: Craigyhill Terror on July 09, 2007, 11:41:31 AM
Davis lost any credibility he ever had when he said after the 2005 semi-final between Armagh and Tyrone that the Tommy Murphy Cup final on before it was a better game

...and he only watched bits of it on the TV....(according to Brolly who slated him for this remark in the Welly Park).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mentalman

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 09, 2007, 06:02:39 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 09, 2007, 05:45:04 PM

Just what we have come to expect at this stage, you forgot to mention that it was the very last action of the programme and they didn't even bother to discuss it, anyway....

I thought that Spillane landed him in last night with his typical negative shite, he was even trying to take away from the Sligo win (areshole) I like Tohill and Mc Stay, Curran is useless and Bernie Flynn is a little p***k

I like big Anthony it has to be said, seems to have a bit of integrity about him and gives it as he sees it, in an even handed way. The rest? Why bother with Curran? Nothing to say, except a bit of mumbling, makes Dessie Farrell seem eloquent. McStay is either full of it, or needs a trip to specsavers, can't even pick up incidents on replay, and like Pat is very fond of his own voice. Bernie is a bit of a shyster, and a bluffer, but is relatively harmless. Still don't watch the show because of Pat though, just nip in for the action.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

johnpower

would it not be great if an analyst said what they really thought . Davis should have said it straight out that he thought they were shite . RTE should try a few  more analyst what is Peter Canavan doing on Sunday nights ?

Balboa

Quote from: johnpower on July 09, 2007, 09:48:12 PM
what is Peter Canavan doing on Sunday nights ?

Giving diving lessons off the high board in a swimming pool in Dungannon.

blanketattack

Quote from: Balboa on July 09, 2007, 10:31:10 PM
Quote from: johnpower on July 09, 2007, 09:48:12 PM
what is Peter Canavan doing on Sunday nights ?

Giving diving lessons off the high board in a swimming pool in Dungannon.

LOL

PS Some of the stuff said about Tony is way OTT. A true gent on and off the pitch.