Attention- Meath Posters

Started by agorm, June 06, 2007, 10:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agorm

Going back in time a bit here. Are any of you able to name the Centenary Cup winning team of 1984?

Thanks

Hardy

Good one agorm. The best I can do is that Jimmy Fay was in goals and O'Rourke, Mick Lyons, Cassels, McEntee, O'Malley, Martin O'Connell, Eamonn Barry, Hayes would all have been playing. Bernard Flynn possibly, though he might have been a sub. Stafford? Finian Murtagh?

Kerry Mike

Kerry won it in 1985, beating Cork in the final I think, but it was scrapped afterwards.
Did Meath beath Monaghan in 84?
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

Yeah Mike, Meath beat Monaghan in 1984, and Boylan said he fully intended to defend the next one, meaning 2084. Unfortunately for him, the GAA decided to run it again the next year, except they called it the 'Ford Open Draw Football Cup', and Kerry won it.

After that they scrapped it :D

thefurze

team I couldn't name but others who were there or there abouts....Coyler, Mattie McCabe, JJ McCormack, Padraig Lyons,

agorm

Someone asked me the question so I said I'd throw it out.

I think that Ben Tansey was full forward and also played for  the hurlers. I have a lot of the old programs from '86 on somewhere at home but they dont go back that far. I was just glad of the lift to the game at that time.