Started by general_lee, October 05, 2017, 10:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Quote from: Thastheball on November 20, 2017, 04:04:53 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 19, 2017, 06:05:41 PM
Quote from: Westside on November 19, 2017, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 19, 2017, 03:25:04 PM
Cavan football fans from outside Cavan town must have mixed feelings

No, first Cavan Senior Club in 25 years to make the Ulster Final. Fully behind them.
Was rooting for them today, no ones favourite 2nd club but they are representing cavan now so everyone is behind them.

Thanks lads, after years of trying we have made it to the finally. We have another mountain to climb, slaughtneil will be every bodies favourites. We played them in Owenbeg the year they won the Ulster club against Omagh I think and gave a good account of ourselves, although I felt our team selection costs us that day under Canavan. As they say, we have nothing to loose.

Would I be right in saying every Gaels player (barring perhaps the goalie) has represented Cavan at Minor, U21 or Senior Level in the last 6 years?

They've been on the side of some unfortunate losses so good to see them getting the rub of the green.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Westside on November 20, 2017, 09:07:50 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on November 20, 2017, 04:04:53 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 19, 2017, 06:05:41 PM
Quote from: Westside on November 19, 2017, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 19, 2017, 03:25:04 PM
Cavan football fans from outside Cavan town must have mixed feelings

No, first Cavan Senior Club in 25 years to make the Ulster Final. Fully behind them.
Was rooting for them today, no ones favourite 2nd club but they are representing cavan now so everyone is behind them.

Thanks lads, after years of trying we have made it to the finally. We have another mountain to climb, slaughtneil will be every bodies favourites. We played them in Owenbeg the year they won the Ulster club against Omagh I think and gave a good account of ourselves, although I felt our team selection costs us that day under Canavan. As they say, we have nothing to loose.

Would I be right in saying every Gaels player (barring perhaps the goalie) has represented Cavan at Minor, U21 or Senior Level in the last 6 years?

They've been on the side of some unfortunate losses so good to see them getting the rub of the green.

The Goalkeeper Ciaran Flynn was a county minor in 03, played wing forward as far as i can recall.

oakleaflad

Slaughtneil will be missing 3 starting forwards as P Bradley, M McGrath and C O'Doherty miss out. I would still expect them to sneak through but that's a serious blow. McGrath especially as he does a serious amount of running.

Walter Cronc

McGrath a serious player for them. Key part of their kickout strategy. Still fancy Slaughtneil by 5.

bennydorano

Hard to see anything other than a handy Slaughtneil win. I'll likely head over to watch but I'd be more interested in the Intermediate final, has the looks of a potential belter.

oakleaflad

Slaughtneil 1-15 Cavan Gaels 0-10 Full Time

seafoid

This might be the year for Sleacht.  Nemo  , Corofin and inexperience from Leister. None outstanding
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

skeog

Some unassuming captain Patsy Bradley.If he is up the steps of Croker in March be shortest speech ever lol.Fancy he will be.

Itchy

Have to say I was expecting a bit more from cavan gaels. So many current and former county men. Still a tremendous achievement from Slaughtneil.

general_lee

Not the hardest game Slaughtneil have had this year anyway.

twohands!!!

Quote from: seafoid on November 26, 2017, 04:26:24 PM
This might be the year for Sleacht.  Nemo  , Corofin and inexperience from Leister. None outstanding

Yeah I think it's between Corofin and Slaughtneil now and if pressed would fancy Slaughtneil.