Betting for this weekends National Football League

Started by Mid Mon, January 30, 2007, 04:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Mon

http://www.boylesports.com/betting/?gi=16

NFL Division 1a                                                               Home Draw Away   
03 Feb 19:30 Cork vs Donegal                                              1/2  7/1  2/1   
03 Feb 19:00 Dublin vs Tyrone                                            10/11  7/1  11/10
04 Feb 14:30 Mayo vs Kerry                                                 11/10  7/1  10/11   
04 Feb 14:30 Fermanagh vs Limerick                                       4/7  7/1  7/4   

NFL Division 1b                                                               Home Draw Away   
04 Feb 14:30 Kildare vs Armagh                                           5/4  7/1  4/5   
04 Feb 14:00 Galway vs Derry                                           8/15  7/1  15/8   
04 Feb 14:30 Louth vs Down                                             EVS  7/1  EVS   
04 Feb 14:30 Westmeath vs Laois                                      9/4  17/2  2/5   

NFL Division 2a                                                               Home Draw Away   
04 Feb 14:30 Carlow vs Clare                                              11/8  7/1  8/11   
04 Feb 14:30 Leitrim vs Offaly                                             15/8  8/1  1/2   
04 Feb 14:30 Roscommon vs Monaghan                                EVS  7/1  EVS   
04 Feb 14:30 Longford vs London                                      1/33  12/1  12/1   

NFL Division 2b                                                               Home Draw Away   
03 Feb 19:30 Meath vs Cavan                                             4/7  7/1  7/4   
04 Feb 14:30 Wicklow vs Antrim                                           4/6  7/1  6/4   
04 Feb 14:30 Waterford vs Wexford                                  15/2  12/1  1/14   

muppet

Are Tipp and Sligo not playing this year?

Watch Galway v Derry and those nice nice odds...hmmm beeer.
MWWSI 2017

thebandit

Would you be tempted to lay on the farneymen at evens Midmon???

MacDanger

I'd nearly fancy a bet on Mayo at 11/10, we're at home and we have a lot more to prove than Kerry have.

never kickt a ball

i have noticed in recent years there is always a lot of draws in these matches so three draws would bring at least £5120 for a tenner.
Worth a go:

Tyrone v Dublin 7/1
Mayo V Kerry  7/1
Fermanagh v Limerick  7/1

In fact a £1 yankee for all 4 1A games to draw would pay: £6528 for all 4; £704 for 3 and £64 for two draws.

haze

Mid Mon

QuoteWould you be tempted to lay on the farneymen at evens Midmon???

Depend on the conditions really. The playing surface at the training complex is in perfect condition resulting in the players being unable to cope with the heavy conditions of many pitches at this time of year.

The Weather forecast isn't too bad "Friday & Saturday: Cold, dry bright days in store with plenty of sunshine and light breezes. Daytime temperatures at best 5 to 8 degrees, falling sub-zero at night with extensive frost. Fog patches also with a risk of some freezing fog. Sunday: Most areas will have another fine day. It will become milder with rain moving into the northwest during the day."

So based on that fact that the pitch should be dry and solid they are probably worth a wee gamble. But I'll wait until Sunday moring before placing my bet.

armaghniac

Quotekildare to beat armagh at 5/4... great value

Well on Betfair you'd get 8/5. Since Kildare people are not exactly strangers to betting, perhaps they know something we don't!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: armaghniac on January 31, 2007, 10:44:04 AM
Quotekildare to beat armagh at 5/4... great value

Well on Betfair you'd get 8/5. Since Kildare people are not exactly strangers to betting, perhaps they know something we don't!

Everyone knows somthing you don't, like Armagh are without the Crossmaglen players, McGeeney and McGrane are injured, P McKeever is suspended. Lump on Kildare, sell your house and put it on Louth and Kildare double (Down are rank, at least Armagh have good players to come back into the panel)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hound

No matter how bad Armagh are on Sunday, Kildare will be worse    :D

amallon

I think Mayo are a decent bet to bet Kerry.  The All-Ireland champions usually don't start the league that brightly.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

thebandit

Quote from: Mid Mon on January 31, 2007, 10:11:27 AM

Depend on the conditions really. The playing surface at the training complex is in perfect condition resulting in the players being unable to cope with the heavy conditions of many pitches at this time of year.

The Weather forecast isn't too bad "Friday & Saturday: Cold, dry bright days in store with plenty of sunshine and light breezes. Daytime temperatures at best 5 to 8 degrees, falling sub-zero at night with extensive frost. Fog patches also with a risk of some freezing fog. Sunday: Most areas will have another fine day. It will become milder with rain moving into the northwest during the day."

So based on that fact that the pitch should be dry and solid they are probably worth a wee gamble. But I'll wait until Sunday moring before placing my bet.

Banty's army are like horses now - their form depends on the weather :D

We are used to the best so performing on bad pitches is beneath us ;D

Ryano

Quote from: thebandit on January 31, 2007, 04:45:35 PM
Quote from: Mid Mon on January 31, 2007, 10:11:27 AM

Banty's army are like horses now - their form depends on the weather :D

We are used to the best so performing on bad pitches is beneath us ;D

Ye could come unstuck (or is that stuck) in the Hyde so on Sunday ;D The pitch is due to be relayed i believe this year before the championship, but having said that the surface should not be too bad at present. There have been no matches played on it since well before xmas so it should not be too much of a hindrance on ye Nancy boys from the Farney. Ye might get a wee bit dirty but i'm sure yis have plenty of moisturising, exfoliating shampoo to wash your smooth shaven girlie boy legs with as Dr Bill would say ;)

Seriously though, it's a hard one to call. Roscommon are riddled with injuries to players with Seamus O'Neill, David Casey, Steve Lohan, John Whyte, Paddy O'Connor all out while others are on college's duty. A lot of new faces on the Ros team this year in the FBD league so it will be an inexperienced team playing come Sunday. Midfield is the problem area for Ros, so if Monaghan get a grip here then they will be well on their way to winning it. I'd fancy Monaghan to win by a few points.

Greasemonkey

mayo have to b a gud bet to beat kerry. omahony will see it as a big result for him and they have a massive point to prove. 11/10 not bad. louth look gud odds against down too and tyrone have to be a punt at 11/10. the treble is around 7/1 if im not mistaken.
worth a go.

Mid Mon

This weekends winners
Donegal
Tyrone
Mayo
Fermanagh
Armagh
Galway
Louth
Laois
Clarte