Car Insurance for young drivers

Started by Groucho, October 20, 2011, 12:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groucho

Lads any suggestions on the best deals for getting a 17 year old added to insurance........I'm being quoted 2500 plus for a VW polo group 3 :o
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

pullhard

Candyman

take the greek approach, burn the fcukers out!!!

screenexile

At the minute you may forget about it. If you're looking to put him out on his own car it will be ridiculous money even for the lowest group.

Best thing to do is to add him on either yours or your wifes insurance as a named driver for 2-3 years until he gets some driving experience. If he has proof of the 2/3 years driving experience and he's around the age of 20 it will have come down to below the £1k but would probably still be dearer than you'd like.

Insurance companies are having none of it for young drivers. I don't even think Axa will quote for anyone under 20 unless they have at least 1 years driving experience. I have been out of the insurance game for a while though so I could be wrong!

Maiden1

Use price comparison sites like gocompare, will give much better deal than trying to ring round.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Denn Forever

Have you tried Brokers?  Let them do the leg work.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Groucho

Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2011, 02:23:36 PM
At the minute you may forget about it. If you're looking to put him out on his own car it will be ridiculous money even for the lowest group.

Best thing to do is to add him on either yours or your wifes insurance as a named driver for 2-3 years until he gets some driving experience. If he has proof of the 2/3 years driving experience and he's around the age of 20 it will have come down to below the £1k but would probably still be dearer than you'd like.

Insurance companies are having none of it for young drivers. I don't even think Axa will quote for anyone under 20 unless they have at least 1 years driving experience. I have been out of the insurance game for a while though so I could be wrong!

That is the quote for putting him on my insurance as a named driver! I have tried gocompare and it may as well be gofcukyourself!! :o
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

screenexile

Quote from: Groucho on October 20, 2011, 02:41:24 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2011, 02:23:36 PM

That is the quote for putting him on my insurance as a named driver! I have tried gocompare and it may as well be gofcukyourself!! :o

Holy mother of god!!

I worked in Car Insurance up to April there but that sounds completely ridiculous. It had changed for the worst since Christmas but that is scandallous.

Your best bet is wait until he's 18 and that will take it down. It will still be high though!

Groucho

Thanks, I had to bite the bullet and take out a new 3rd Party, F&T policy at £1800.....just as well I married money.....or was that a dream! ;)

muppet

Quote from: Groucho on October 20, 2011, 08:11:11 PM
Thanks, I had to bite the bullet and take out a new 3rd Party, F&T policy at £1800.....just as well I married money.....or was that a dream! ;)

Tip: You have to keep a high interest rate, or you could see serious inflation.
MWWSI 2017

Family guy

A little off cue here,but how do you go about getting your taxi liscense?