Leinster Minor Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 29, 2017, 12:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on May 24, 2018, 04:43:23 PM
I was down there not a great performance but should have been out of sight sooner...

One thing to notice of this team is how quick they are to send in direct ball but sometines its when the player is marked or has no chance of  getting on to it!

I'm all for kick football but it needs to be done at the right time !
Let it in ta f**k and less of your fansy shite

redsetanta

First of the Carlow trilogy this evening? Laois into semi's if they win.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laoiseabu

Ye if Laois win tonight they are into the semis which means the last group game against the strongest team Kildare won't matter.

redsetanta

Struggled against Carlow this evening before getting a draw.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Carlow Minors play the mass defence also, just goes to show how ordinary teams can be so difficult to break down using it.
Kildare destroyed Carlow last day, Carlow only scored two points in the hour..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoiseabu

Lacey at midfield and Larkin at centre foward tried hard but that's the weakest I've ever seen Laois at at minor level

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on May 30, 2018, 11:53:53 PM
Lacey at midfield and Larkin at centre foward tried hard but that's the weakest I've ever seen Laois at at minor level
They're not great but one point I'd make is they are all 16 and 17 not like the old minor teams which were all 17 and 18.

Laoiseabu

I think a lot of them are over age next year according to a source of mine . ( 10 of the starting 15 are overage next year)

justinn

Carlow senior football coach Steven Poacher has hit out at the "disgusting" criticism the county's minor footballers received after their Leinster championship defeat to Kildare last week.

The young Barrowsiders went down to the Lilywhites by 14 points after registering just 0-2 over the hour but responded last night by securing a 0-10 apiece draw against Laois after having led by three points in the closing stages.

Speaking to the Irish Examiner after the game, Poacher lashed out at some of the "terrible press" the team has received recently.

"They drew 10-all after being absolutely trawled disgracefully through the media last week for a bunch of 16-year old lads," said the Down native.

"Getting destroyed because someone was trying to fulfil his own self needs and his own popularity. It's disgusting what goes on sometimes.

"I would love if some of these people would actually come and take a session and look at the work these lads do. Those young lads that got terrible press for their performance against Kildare, I watched them play the end of last year in Newry at U15 level and they beat Down by 10 points."

He added: "They were playing a Kildare team that was a full year, mentally and physically, bigger than them. Kildare beat Wexford the week before by 15 points. So, the lads only got a couple of points. So what? They are building for next year."

Don Draper

Quote from: justinn on May 31, 2018, 02:34:53 PM
Carlow senior football coach Steven Poacher has hit out at the "disgusting" criticism the county's minor footballers received after their Leinster championship defeat to Kildare last week.

The young Barrowsiders went down to the Lilywhites by 14 points after registering just 0-2 over the hour but responded last night by securing a 0-10 apiece draw against Laois after having led by three points in the closing stages.

Speaking to the Irish Examiner after the game, Poacher lashed out at some of the "terrible press" the team has received recently.

"They drew 10-all after being absolutely trawled disgracefully through the media last week for a bunch of 16-year old lads," said the Down native.

"Getting destroyed because someone was trying to fulfil his own self needs and his own popularity. It's disgusting what goes on sometimes.

"I would love if some of these people would actually come and take a session and look at the work these lads do. Those young lads that got terrible press for their performance against Kildare, I watched them play the end of last year in Newry at U15 level and they beat Down by 10 points."

He added: "They were playing a Kildare team that was a full year, mentally and physically, bigger than them. Kildare beat Wexford the week before by 15 points. So, the lads only got a couple of points. So what? They are building for next year."
A p***k of a man

SpeculativeEffort

Is he saying Carlow are playing U16 in minor cship?

Don Draper

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on May 31, 2018, 09:20:33 PM
Is he saying Carlow are playing U16 in minor cship?
No, 16 year olds are necessarily U16.

What he's saying is 'blah blah blah, me me me me me me, blah blah, I'm a ****, blah blah, look at me, blah blah'.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Chrimtain

Another really disappointing result tonight. How we have fallen since we won a Leinster minor championship with the likes of John O'Loughlin and Donie Kingston. Will Laois ever be competitive at underage level again?

Is the work being done at under age level?

We are going to fall very far behind the rest very soon.

Chrimtain

Its all very fine making progress at senior level, but if there is nothing coming behind them we will soon return to Div 4.