Time for U2 to shuffle off before the corpse smells?

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 10, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Franko on January 03, 2019, 07:47:17 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 02, 2019, 07:21:58 PM
No. A good example of traditional Irish begrudgery is when Irish people like to crow about how much they hate Bono for no reason other than he's a successful Irishman.

Saw this quote somewhere, thought it was applicable here.

"Bono might come across as a gobshite but then nobody's forcing you to listen to him. My only problem with Bono is that when he strays out of his lane he comes across as an opinionated London taxi driver who thinks he has to have an opinion on everything whether he understands it or not. If he sticks to singing, I'm all right with that."

The lack of self awareness on this board sometimes is incredible.   ::)

It's a clever argument, but Bono actually has done a bit of homework on the global issues that he works on. He's not an "opinionated London taxi driver" at all when it comes to these topics, he's actually quite well informed. Which is more than I can say for O'Leary.

Franko

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 03, 2019, 07:37:58 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 03, 2019, 07:47:17 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 02, 2019, 07:21:58 PM
No. A good example of traditional Irish begrudgery is when Irish people like to crow about how much they hate Bono for no reason other than he's a successful Irishman.

Saw this quote somewhere, thought it was applicable here.

"Bono might come across as a gobshite but then nobody's forcing you to listen to him. My only problem with Bono is that when he strays out of his lane he comes across as an opinionated London taxi driver who thinks he has to have an opinion on everything whether he understands it or not. If he sticks to singing, I'm all right with that."

The lack of self awareness on this board sometimes is incredible.   ::)

It's a clever argument, but Bono actually has done a bit of homework on the global issues that he works on. He's not an "opinionated London taxi driver" at all when it comes to these topics, he's actually quite well informed. Which is more than I can say for O'Leary.

;D  the bit in bold is your opinion only.  If you want to pass it off as fact, we're gonna need some evidence of this.  As a couple of counter points, I'll give you Bono's friendship with Evangelical Christians Billy & Franklin Graham.  Check out their views on Muslims and gays if you get five minutes.  There wasn't much homework done there.  Or the time he dedicated 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' to the military at a concert in Trafalgar Square because 'no one loves peace more than those who fought for it'.  Seriously, the British Army fought for peace?  Does that sound like somebody who's done his homework?

Why don't you admit it.  You just don't like O'Leary because of typical old Irish begrudgery.

Seamus

Quote from: Seany on January 02, 2019, 08:31:24 PM
So you also hate Bill Gates, a man who has donated his $65bn fortune to good causes.

Bill Gates is the largest shareholder of Monsanto stock.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

sid waddell

Quote from: Seamus on January 11, 2019, 09:18:54 PM
So you also hate Bill Gates, a man who has donated his $65bn fortune to good causes.

Would have thought you'd have no problem at all with Gates investing in Monsanto, given that you're already a pathetic cheerleader for a bunch of corrupt crony capitalists.

dec

Bullshit

sid waddell

Quote from: dec on January 11, 2019, 10:03:22 PM

Bullshit
Lolzers, who could have guessed Seamus would be lying.  ;D

https://monsanto.com/news-releases/bayer-closes-monsanto-acquisition/

ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto on Thursday. Shares in the U.S. company will no longer be traded on the New York Stock Exchange, with Bayer now the sole owner of Monsanto Company.

Seamus

Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2019, 10:29:50 PM

Bullshit

ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto on Thursday. Shares in the U.S. company will no longer be traded on the New York Stock Exchange, with Bayer now the sole owner of Monsanto Company.

I'm fully aware that Bayer acquired Monsanto, Gates purchased the shares before the acquisition. Monsanto sold out to Bayer because of the bad reputation the name was receiving. A change of name so GMOs can continue with it's depopulation agenda under the disguise of Big Pharma.

Thanks for the laughs over the last few days on the US Political Thread with your crazy comments. You got your ass whipped on numerous occasions and still came back for more. Outside of the laughs I'm genuinely concerned about your mental well-being.

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

sid waddell

Quote from: Seamus on January 12, 2019, 03:43:29 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2019, 10:29:50 PM

Bullshit

I'm fully aware that Bayer acquired Monsanto, Gates purchased the shares before the acquisition. Monsanto sold out to Bayer because of the bad reputation the name was receiving. A change of name so GMOs can continue with it's depopulation agenda under the disguise of Big Pharma.

Thanks for the laughs over the last few days on the US Political Thread with your crazy comments. You got your ass whipped on numerous occasions and still came back for more. Outside of the laughs I'm genuinely concerned about your mental well-being.
Lolz - you quite obviously weren't aware of anything, and a psychiatrist would have a field day with the amount of projection there.  ;D

Itchy

Good crauc on twitter as Jon Bon Jovi recalls the tough childhood of Bono  who was beaten as a child by the Orange Order I can only presume in Finglas and if that's not odd enough Bono is a protestant. I wonder who told Jon Bon this story of hardship?

BennyCake

Quote from: Itchy on October 07, 2020, 11:52:46 PM
Good crauc on twitter as Jon Bon Jovi recalls the tough childhood of Bono  who was beaten as a child by the Orange Order I can only presume in Finglas and if that's not odd enough Bono is a protestant. I wonder who told Jon Bon this story of hardship?

So I see. I liked this one:

Breaking: Bono and Jon Bon Jovi Test Positive for being a massive pair of Bell Ends

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on October 08, 2020, 12:33:06 AM
Quote from: Itchy on October 07, 2020, 11:52:46 PM

So I see. I liked this one:

Breaking: Bono and Jon Bon Jovi Test Positive for being a massive pair of Bell Ends

Wait till Geldoff hears about this. Next thing we wil hear how poor Bob was targeted by the KKK in Dun Laoghaire as a child when he started the black lives matter movement.

Franko

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2022, 12:22:54 PM
Bono and Geldof  ::)

https://www.thejournal.ie/bono-bob-geldof-jared-kushner-5843360-Aug2022/

True friends of the needy

Kushner
Trump
Murdoch
Bono
Geldof

Totally unsurprised that is the sort company those pair of loudmouth w@nkers keep

Itchy

Quote from: Franko on August 19, 2022, 01:07:15 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2022, 12:22:54 PM
Bono and Geldof  ::)

https://www.thejournal.ie/bono-bob-geldof-jared-kushner-5843360-Aug2022/

True friends of the needy

Kushner
Trump
Murdoch
Bono
Geldof

Totally unsurprised that is the sort company those pair of loudmouth w@nkers keep

I cannot think of two people I dislike more than Bono and Geldoff. I wish they would f**k off and stay fucked off.