Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

some off yee posters are actually deluded,,creedon was empolyed to sort out the mess no??tony i agrre with some facts you have yes and some very good points but at the end of the day we are worse off this year we will be lucky to survive in division 3 which  i HOPE WE DO,,,all im saying as regards bringing us forward he isnt the man look at our u21s he was calling the shots from the stand at half time etc,,look at our senior team the way they have being performing we havent seen one game where we all could agree jeez he knows what his at he has the lads fighting for him etc etc etc or can any poster here give me an example???i totally understand lads time is key and give the man time but there at it since last october and me as a supporter im actually seeing no progress at all,,,i no i sound like a negitive gobshite but its just my opinion also,,,i hope the lads get the result on sunday

ILikeStrawberryJam

Great post Tony. Thoughout, balanced and factual.

Hope the lads can do it on Sunday. It will be a dogfight. But if our attitude is spot on and Donie and Evan have their shooting boots on i think we'll have to much for them.

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 30, 2017, 05:31:07 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2017, 03:10:01 PM
My prediction for the weekend: Offaly 1-11 Laois 1-12.

How many players do you predict Laois will finish the game with?
Hopefully we manage to keep 15.
This is the game in which I fully expect there to be at least a sending off on either side. I would tolerate it far more in this one, than in the previous games.

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on March 31, 2017, 09:54:54 AM
some off yee posters are actually deluded,,creedon was empolyed to sort out the mess no??tony i agrre with some facts you have yes and some very good points but at the end of the day we are worse off this year we will be lucky to survive in division 3 which  i HOPE WE DO,,,all im saying as regards bringing us forward he isnt the man look at our u21s he was calling the shots from the stand at half time etc,,look at our senior team the way they have being performing we havent seen one game where we all could agree jeez he knows what his at he has the lads fighting for him etc etc etc or can any poster here give me an example???i totally understand lads time is key and give the man time but there at it since last october and me as a supporter im actually seeing no progress at all,,,i no i sound like a negitive gobshite but its just my opinion also,,,i hope the lads get the result on sunday

Yer a gas aul f**ker all the same.

Tony

Slightly off topic but I was thinking about what our starting 15 might look like if availability and injuries weren't an issue. Not a bad looking side. Might be forgetting one or two.

Graham Brody

Cahir Healy     Mark Timmons     Stephen Attride

Padraig McMahon    Colm Begley    Darren Strong

John O Loughlin   Brendan Quigley

Zach Tuohy     David Conway    Conor Merideth

Paul Cahilane    Donie Kingston    Gary Walsh.

Subs : K. Meaney, P. Kingston, D. Booth, N. Donoher, K. Lillis, E. O Carroll, R. Munnelly, A. Farrell, C. Boyle

I think we could compete well enough on our day with that team. However, being realistic, the current team minus availability minus injury list is just a shadow of what we could be. Still, happy enough if we give 100% with what we've got.

Tony

And the Laois team actually named for Sunday's game vs Offaly is:

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)

2. Darren Strong (Emo)

3. Denis Booth (The Heath)

4. James Kelly (St Joseph's)

5. Eoin Buggie (Stradbally)

6. Colm Begley (Stradbally)

7. Padraig McMahon (Ballyroan Abbey)

8. John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)

9. Kevin Meaney (Arles-Kilcruise)

10. Alan Farrell (Ballylinan)

11. David Conway (Arles-Kilcruise)

12. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)

13. Donie Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

14. Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard)

15. Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

redsetanta

The team is good enough to win but Sunday will be a dog fight and every player has to be up for it in the right way. If they are and are mentally tuned in they should beat Offaly handily enough. But it is Laois we're talking about and not even mystic meg could help.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

I think it's a decent team redsetanta but you have to take into consideration, Begley, JOL and Evan are not 100% fit. They're carrying niggles so they wont be at 100%. Offaly will be no walkover in Tullamore at all. Also, confidence isn't 10/10 at the moment. A win would be massive. A draw will do too, to keep us up. I'd take a draw any day. Looking forward to being there anyway on Sunday. It feels like a championship game.

BallyroanAbu

Offaly to win in Tullamore, Laois to be Relegated .  Laois nor Offaly to score 15 points.  Laois several blacks cards no red because they can't tackle through the middle even though they will be warned not to get a red.  I hope I am wrong and Laois Win but this game is truly 50/50 and Offaly have home advantage.

steven seagal

Quotethis game is truly 50/50 and Offaly have home advantage.

If it is truly 50/50 then home advantage doesn't matter

Don Draper

Quote from: steven seagal on March 31, 2017, 12:49:14 PM
Quotethis game is truly 50/50 and Offaly have home advantage.

If it is truly 50/50 then home advantage doesn't matter
"I hope that I'm wrong, but a big part of me wants to be right".

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 31, 2017, 12:06:19 PM
Offaly to win in Tullamore, Laois to be Relegated .
With "supporters" like this.....

Tony

Quote from: SCFC on March 31, 2017, 02:11:01 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 31, 2017, 12:06:19 PM
Offaly to win in Tullamore, Laois to be Relegated .
With "supporters" like this.....
In fairness, he's just stating his opinion. I don't agree with his theory on Creedon but if he thinks we're going to get relegated that's fair enough. Doesn't make a bad supporter.

Clubber Lang

Fair play to B-ABU on throwing out his last statement. If Laois lose then he'll be posting feeling vindicated for his criticism of current Laois management. However by also stating that it's a 50/50 game it gives him a way out if Laois do pull off a victory. 

I don't rate Offaly's forward line too highly and would be hopeful that the Laois defense will contain Offaly to a reasonable score. If we can supply good ball into Kingston and Evan then we should have every chance. Offaly have conceded big against other teams with good forward lines in this year's league- Tipp 2-15, Armagh 6-22, Louth 2-13. Sligo managed to find back of Offaly net twice last week as well. They are vulnerable- the issue is if we can supply the forwards with enough good ball to do damage. My gut feeling is that we will. The stakes are high and I hope the lads respond and give their best performance of the league to date.     

BallyroanAbu

I would think I am a decent enough supporter would not say I attend training sessions in Portlaoise but reasonable enough match attender.   I don't want Laois to be relegated,  why would I want to be right on that.  It sickens me to my core where Laois stand at the moment and sorry if I think we are in a dreadful state.  I solidly believe this is not good enough and we are been short changed by a malaise which has shot through the county.  I want 10,000 Laois Supporters in O Moore Park giving Dublin dogs abuse but I am not going to jump off a cliff pretending that what is going on at the moment is anything less than shambolic.  Thats not just Creedon