Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoisonic

I just cant understand why Jamie Farrell wasn't selected. We have selectors that should know the sort of ability he has. If im correct, he kicked the winning score against Armagh last year?
Is Dillon still involved?

Don Draper

That team should get the job done.

LAOIS TEAM IN FULL:

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)
2. Darren Strong (Emo)
3. Denis Booth (The Heath)
4. James Kelly (St Joseph's)
5. Eoin Buggie (Stradbally)
6. Colm Begley (Stradbally)
7. Padraig McMahon (Ballyroan Abbey)
8. John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)
9. Kevin Meaney (Arles-Kilcruise)
10. James Finn (Ballyfin)
11. David Conway (Arles-Kilcruise)
12. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)
13. Alan Farrell (Ballylinan)
14. Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard)
15. Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Strong team, all they need is confidence and a bit of luck.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on March 24, 2017, 10:14:24 AM
That team should get the job done.

LAOIS TEAM IN FULL:

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)
2. Darren Strong (Emo)
3. Denis Booth (The Heath)
4. James Kelly (St Joseph's)
5. Eoin Buggie (Stradbally)
6. Colm Begley (Stradbally)
7. Padraig McMahon (Ballyroan Abbey)
8. John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)
9. Kevin Meaney (Arles-Kilcruise)
10. James Finn (Ballyfin)
11. David Conway (Arles-Kilcruise)
12. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)
13. Alan Farrell (Ballylinan)
14. Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard)
15. Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen)
Probably the best we can select .
Brody is good
Full back line is a make shift one. Strong and Kelly are weak as both are far better further up
half Back line is decent although Begley is a poor marker and Buggy is easily turned
Midfield is decent if Meaney holds his head and does the simple things
Forwards overall are weak with Conway the best followed by Carroll and K P Kingston. If its tough Kingston will disappear. The rest are ball carriers and work horses.

town1980

i hope we win but im not expecting it,,,gona say a longford win by 5 but as i said i hope it doesnt happen div 4 would be a disaster

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on March 24, 2017, 12:07:23 PM
i hope we win but im not expecting it,,,gona say a longford win by 5 but as i said i hope it doesnt happen div 4 would be a disaster
Division 4 would be a disaster alright. It was always a possibility after last years manager got us relegated out of Division 2, that was an awful blow.

ILikeStrawberryJam

Hard to see where the scores will come from .. hopefully O'Carroll will have a stormer

Tony

It's about the strongest team we could pick in the circumstances, however, it probably looks stronger than it is as the likes of Begley, JOL, Evan, Padraig and Kevin wouldn't be inter county match fit and / or physically firing on all cylinders after injury. Can we place a finger on why so many are injured or were injured? I wonder has it anything to do with training method / frequency / surface. Our longest term injury is probably Mark Timmons but of course that was a surgery he has needed for some time. It'll be great to get him back but that might not be till summer.

If we had Timmons at full back, Booth could go into the corner, freeing up the likes of Strong to go wing. Strong, in my book, is not a corner back at all. The silver lining of the year so far has to be the return of Padraig McMahon. He seems to be in decent shape if a little rusty to inter county level (plus questions over his pace). We could well do with him anyway although I'd leave him at wing back and not corner as if I'm correct about his pace, he won't be fast enough for the position. Where's Dillon? Anyway, fingers crossed that we survive and stay in Div 3. That'd be something at least. We were never going to get promoted with the injury list but mid table would be satisfactory. Then we can look at summer knowing at least that we wont be in Div 4 next year. Longford and Offaly. Won't be easy and we'll have to dig deep as they are also battling. This will be a good test of the will of the players, but also the management to see if we can have a game plan to beat both of those teams.

No. 5

Tony, I agree about strongest team we could put out.  Considering injuries I was surprised it looked so strong. Good point about match fitness though, and not a whole lot on bench. Anyone have info on Dillon situation?

I fancy us to win tomorrow night. Form suggests we should lose by a few scores but if these lads have any heart they'll tear into it and win at all costs.

Why haven't we seen any of this attitude? Getting sent off is petty and a false show of commitment. Not worth anything to us, just condemns team to another defeat.

Anyway, I fancy a win tomorrow and an almighty showdown in tullamore.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

It's about time Creedon had a bit of luck and hopefully tonight will be that time. I don't think I've ever seen a Laois manager have to suffer as many injuries as he has in his first few months in charge and things have really gone wrong for him as a result.
He has been forced to play a number of u-21s and inexperienced players in vital games and it will probably stand to them in the long run but for the moment we have to depend on some luck and fighting spirit to keep us in this division.
If we can survive it will only get stronger as we go along and the fact that the players have faith in him is enough for me. We all feel bad about the situation we find ourselves in but we have to support management and players to get out of this. There's enough knockers around the country who would love to see us fail so lets all get together and show our support..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

He won't get any luck but again I presume if we beat Longford,  I am back to being an idiot.  So will see you down at O Moore Park in front of 1000 people 600 of them from Longford for a Longford win.  Creedon is clueless and I will tell you something Laois will find it hard to get more than 12 points   ( my heads for chopping block) with these predictions lump on Longford at 13/8.

Corrected, that's it ? a spelling mistake surely the  status quo brigade are not going to leave it at that.

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 25, 2017, 11:07:12 AM
He won't get any luck but again I presume if we beat Longford,  I am back to been an idiot.  So will see you down at O Moore Park in front of 1000 people 600 of them from Longford for a Longford win.  Creedon is clueless and I will tell you something Laois will find it hard to get more than 12 points   ( my heads for chopping block) with these predictions lump on Longford at 13/8.
'Being an idiot'

Laoiseabu

I'm with BallyroanAbu on this one I can't see where the scores will come from unless Longford have brutal backs. Anyone know what Longford are Like ?

OTF

Well this is it,best of luck to the team tonight

Gmac

Game on live here  in USA on gaago hopefully it's a bit better than tipp and Louth games which were bad viewing and a better result would be nice also ,