Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

Tony

Quote from: town1980 on March 19, 2017, 11:41:33 PM
No hangover just a tired driver >:(
That's worse. Texting on gaaboard while driving is prob not a good idea mate. Look it's a game at the end of the day. We all have different opinions. I personally think, while I'm not happy with how we've begun the season, it's pointless even talking about a new manager as A: it's not going to happen mid season and B: we have to give it a bit more time, SURELY, as we can all agree we weren't exactly flying before he took over.

Critisise Creedon all you want but to bring up Clancy and McNulty etc to take over mid season - what a pointless conversation to have. It's not going to happen and it wouldn't be good for Laois football anyway, firing a respected manager like that mid season. Calm down, we all want whats best for laois football. If we all had the same opinion it'd be a boring forum wouldn't it.

I didn't expect much this season but if I see signs of building for the future (which I do with the introduction of new u-21 lads to senior and a focus on improving the underage setup with long-term goals) while also seeing a good effort from the senior lads, win or lose, I'm fairly content. We're not sitting pretty in the table but I do see a long-term plan coming into fruition. Of course we want to stay in Div 3 or 2 but getting higgins or clancy in now is an absolute panic move and will not benefit anyone long term.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

"one of the poorest first 25minutes seen from laois in many a day.

this is division 3 and we are making louth look good.

4 passengers in the front 5, and the two midfielders only contribution was to get booked.

on this evidence with 4 away games to come, we will be relegated.

maybe division 3 will be an exercise in proving what players are up to intercounty or otherwise, doran, luttrell and lowry are in the otherwise category."

the above is the comment I posted from the stand at half time in the louth game and I am afraid, that game was merely a taster of what was to come.......bar the freak/fluke win in Armagh, this league campaign must rate as the poorest by any county participating in all 4 divisions.
Without Kingston, attrite Quigley and o connor next Saturday evening, Longford will beat us at their leisure, they will draw soft fouls and keep the scoreboard ticking over and win handy....the 6/4 on Longford is money for old rope, the 4/6 laois to be relegated is simply 66% profit on investment.

jack Nolan's piece sums up the situation and it is grim........we are now firmly in a position offaly football found itself 7-8 years ago and no light on the horizon.

I would say, any 3 of the forum members at random could have done better with this squad than this paid management.... other counties have enjoyed a spike due to a new manager, wexford etc.....for a new management to proceed and weaken the brand further takes some doing.

look, most of the current executive were responsible for appointing O Flaherty and we all know he was a dud....worse still they put up with him for 2 years.........how would you expect the same executive to unearth a manager who would act as a saviour/miracle worker?.

jacks article.

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/03/20/jack-nolan-laois-football-now-reached-time-low/

Giovanni

I do see a long-term plan coming into fruition. [/quote]

Could you share with us the main points of this long-term plan?

town1980

agree with the last two posts i am def not looking for anyone to take over mid season sorry i meant at the end of the year but you could not expect anyone to pick up the mess that has been created,,,no poster here could have thought we would be in this position bar ballyroanabu,,its a sad state of affairs and only getting worse people

gaastats

Laois have never operated out of Division4 proper before. We were there in a group called Division4 1947/48, but it was geographical. We were in a Division4 in 1967/68 as well, but I think it was more sections, than divisions.

Relegation/promotion was only brought in, in the early 70s. Laois have never operated below Division3 since then.

gaastats

Current
Antrim 4pts
Longford 4pts
Laois 2pts
Offaly 2pts

Rd6
Armagh v Antrim
Laois v Longford
Sligo v Offaly

Rd7
Antrim v Longford
Offaly v Laois

If we beat Longford (and esp if Armagh beats Antrim), then it comes down to us beating Offaly.

Unison

In fairness to the chairman of the county board, he did say he wanted to bring Laois to the next level. He has watched over as that has been achieved two years in a row now.

Silly me, I thought he meant the next level upwards, but obviously not.

Laoiseabu

At the start of the year I was slated on this forum for predicting division 4 relegation and I said the players were not there. I could see this coming over the last couple of seasons and it's not going to get better any time soon with so many of the key men moving on age wise. I can not see us beating Longford without Kingston and I don't know who is going to step into the backs in place of attride and begley. Prediction: Longford by 5 or 6.

Tony

Can we take a minutes silence there for the injury list.

If we had a full strength squad without injuries we'd be safe now and possibly going for promotion with the last 2 games.

No question.

Get a grip with your predictions, you're not Nostradamus. You got lucky with the awful injury list to our BEST players.

Can anyone name another team in any division with a worse injury list to their top players compared to us? I certainly can't. We're not performing well but that injury list is something crazy; we've never had it so bad in donkeys years.

BallyroanAbu

Tony I think your been quite unfair, You have had your say LaoisAbu is entitled to his opinion.  At this juncture in time you are wrong, you may turn out another time to be right.   Sometimes we get an opinion of someone or an idea that we can't let go of.  For you I think Peter Creedon is it, your digging a deeper hole the more you defend him the more tragic it looks.  Winning and losing are small margins and Creedon can't buy one it's not going to work out for him that's life.  If his any good he will resurface somewhere else but  his time in Laois will be short Oct - June unless some clown wants to stand by their man.  Unfortunately whats going to happen is they will sack Creedon end of June and replace him somewhere around Oct with some other journeyman who will be equally useless.  I have a bad feeling Jack Sheedy's name will come up.

Laoisonic

We would have 6 points if it wasn't for poor discipline.
Probably at least 8 if it wasn't for an injury list as long and more detrimental on any Laois team that I can remember.
Yes we have serious problems. Another poor U21 campaign highlighted that further, but Creedon is not one of them.

Tony

I'm not so much defending Creedon, BallyroanAbu - I'm more trying to get people to open their eyes that we've been very poor for 10 years, we have a very significant injury list to our best players throughout the entire league and also we're not bringing brilliant players through to escape the fact that we're mediocre standard the best of times and struggling poorly when under strength.

So in short : my point is : we're all disappointed with how this season is going so far but to blame Creedon for it all is very,very short sighted in my opinion. He's not the messiah but he's not the instigator of all this either - surely you can see that. I like reading people's opinions but we have to all acknowledge some basic facts too.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Laoisonic on March 20, 2017, 10:56:59 PM
We would have 6 points if it wasn't for poor discipline.
Probably at least 8 if it wasn't for an injury list as long and more detrimental on any Laois team that I can remember.
Yes we have serious problems. Another poor U21 campaign highlighted that further, but Creedon is not one of them.

I must be the only one who thinks it, but as far as I am concerned that is a massive contradiction.

Regular poor discipline, from a variety of players, is a major management failure. It is a matter which requires no talent and does not depend on opposition performance. It should be easily resolved where this is respect and high standards.

If management cannot address this over the course of 5-6 months that raises serious questions, to my mind!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix

Disappointing few weeks with the league but as pointed out by more than one post: we're crippled with injuries to our key players, indiscipline costing us dear. Players must take responsibility for indiscipline. They're adults, they should bloody well know when they act the sh*te, they'll get punished.  People are expecting Creedon to turn water into wine with what we have. Getting rid of him will achieve very little. The talent pool is drying up and now we see the ill effects when the panel is stretched with injuries. I understand some posts point that maybe a better return should be gotten considering a significant back room team that cost enough. Not a concrete game plan in place and seem to be lost at sea a lot of the time. We have talent but talent wins you little without hard work. I hope the lads get a decent turnout on Saturday night in OMP. I hope some plan is in place to play smart and get 2 points most importantly. Fingers crossed we can avoid a bigger mess than we're in.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail