Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA-SMART

Looking down the Barrell of D4 at the weekend, Longford will be hard bet and our home form is nothing short than a disgrace. Really concerned with the state of football, The 21s was a disaster aswell no matter what way you look at it. The Minors have a chance depending on the draw of getting to a Leinster Semi/Final but probably no match for the likes of Meath-Dublin-Kildare. The dream team of creedon needs time to sort themselves out but what a terrible start and doesn't bowed well for a decent Summer especially if Longford turn us over this weekend. They have no fear of O Moore park as it is anyway.

Unison

Interesting discussion going on here. But will the deplorable state of Laois football be discussed at all at County Board level? Or, do they give a damn?

ILikeStrawberryJam

Its good to see people giving a shit about the state of play. Laois football has been in decline for the last decade.
The senior team will always be the yardstick and now that division 4 is on the horizon people are sitting up and taking notice.
There is the give Creedon a chance posters here and the get rid of him and put someone else in immediately posse.
Although im bitterly disappointed with our performances so far (even given our injury curse) i still know this is so much bigger than Creedon.
It could take 5+ years for things to start to improve .. for now i think things will get worse first

We dont have the cash for a high profile appointment but im not sure that would make much of a difference anyways.
So its the likes of Creddon who has a decent cv or a joe higgins type appointment.

All we can do as supporters is turn up Saturday and next week in Tullamore and shout the lads on.  They are giving it their all.
We will be decimated again by injuries on Saturday but maybe with a good defensive plan and a
willingness to fight like dogs we might get the 2 points ..
Given the injury crisis we have suffered staying in division 3 would be a reasonable achievement

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Giovanni on March 21, 2017, 11:48:47 AM
Reading some of the posts above, you would think that the manager has nothing at all to do with the performances on the field.

That is what has irked me.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

justinn

Is Garry Walsh still involved? we will need everyone if Donie is gone for a few months.
Team for Saturday? Brody, Strong, Booth, Kelly, Farrell, Lillis, McMahon, Meaney, OLoughlin, Donoher, Conway, Finn. Munnelly, O Carroll, P Kingston.

redsetanta

Can we stop with the Darren Strong corner back experiment. To be honest I never saw him more as a half forward but successive managers have put him in the half back line but corner back. There has to be a better 'corner' back than Darren Strong in the county. Play Strong further up field.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

theoldvet

We dont have the cash for a high profile appointment but im not sure that would make much of a difference anyways

Money won't solved our problem, bring in good coaches for our development squads, and I mean Good.

SCFC

Quote from: redsetanta on March 22, 2017, 04:48:49 PM
Can we stop with the Darren Strong corner back experiment. To be honest I never saw him more as a half forward but successive managers have put him in the half back line but corner back. There has to be a better 'corner' back than Darren Strong in the county. Play Strong further up field.
He's no corner back but what's the alternative?

on the hop

Quote from: justinn on March 22, 2017, 04:44:15 PM
Is Garry Walsh still involved? we will need everyone if Donie is gone for a few months.
Team for Saturday? Brody, Strong, Booth, Kelly, Farrell, Lillis, McMahon, Meaney, OLoughlin, Donoher, Conway, Finn. Munnelly, O Carroll, P Kingston.

Lillie was way off the pace last week. Darren strong played centre forward for much of the game after conway went off

Laoisonic

Probably not a time to be discussing this 5 games deep in the league! But where are Jamie Farrell, Matty Campion, Gearoid Hanrahan? These guys played big league and championship games last year and were impressive. I know giving Under 21s some senior game time is important, but with all these injuries, experienced bodies is becoming scarce. Does anyone know if more players been drafted in with the injuries?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Laoisonic on March 22, 2017, 11:40:38 PM
Probably not a time to be discussing this 5 games deep in the league! But where are Jamie Farrell, Matty Campion, Gearoid Hanrahan? These guys played big league and championship games last year and were impressive. I know giving Under 21s some senior game time is important, but with all these injuries, experienced bodies is becoming scarce. Does anyone know if more players been drafted in with the injuries?
All discarded i believe.
Where are (to name a few more) Gary Walsh, Conor Boyle,Paul Cahalane,Ambrose Doran gone,All have huge experience that we could do with

Giovanni

Very hard to understand why Gearoid Hanrahan would be discarded. We have almost no genuine corner backs and he was one of the few that looked relatively comfortable in the position. Very strange.

ollie12

Maybe some of these players don't want to play for Laois or are not able to fully commit to the set up. Just cos there not on the panel doesn't mean they are being discarded.

Laoisabu

Gary Walsh is on the panel but currently injured. Conor Boyle, Paul Cahalane and Gearoid Hanrahan made themselves unavailable.  Jamie Farrell and Matty Campion were dropped off the panel before the league which is very disappointing. Ambrose Doran played first few league games but wasn't good enough.

The Monument Road

How badly injured is Donie....i read here that it could be out for two months. Gary Walsh played for his club recently in a league game and played very well so he cant be that badly injured