The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 04:37:12 PM

I don't want my private health insurance abolished

Giving more money to private health insurance racketeers companies is better than giving less money to the government because, how exactly...?

I don't want open borders

(BTW-I am completely in favor of providing legal status to everyone who is currently undocumented. Let's get them taken care of before we invite more people in)

How did you get into the country? Aren't you a migrant?

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 24, 2020, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 04:37:12 PM

I don't want my private health insurance abolished

Giving more money to private health insurance racketeers companies is better than giving less money to the government because, how exactly...?

I don't want open borders

(BTW-I am completely in favor of providing legal status to everyone who is currently undocumented. Let's get them taken care of before we invite more people in)

How did you get into the country? Aren't you a migrant?

Yes-I was lucky enough to come LEGALLY on a Green Card

whitey

Quote from: J70 on February 24, 2020, 03:50:40 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 03:09:00 PM
Bernies supporters are already claiming on Twitter that they are going to win the popular vote, so strap yourself in.

Regarding Trump....I'm not "down" with him, but based on the fake dossier, 17  fisa "errors" and the Democrats despicable behavior during the Kavanaugh hearing I now actually hate them more than I hate Trump.  If the whole place is going to burn down ( no pun intended) I'd prefer it burn down with a conservative majority on the Supreme Court

You have the conservative majority on the Supreme Court (a stolen one). How that is going to make society or your or anyone else's life better, I have no idea.

And your perceived Democratic scandals have been more than topped by Trump and his minions at this point.

You could have voted for Bloomberg, not Bernie.

Well first of all, what happened with Merrick Garland was very wrong and I've said that many times before.

Regarding voting for Bloomberg, my dislike of Warren trumps my like of Bloomberg. If she loses her home state then her electability in a general election comes under serious scrutiny

Eamonnca1

How did you get your green card? In a lucky bag?

whitey

Eamonnca1

That's cute. I spent thousands of dollars in lawyers' fees and waited over ten years for mine, constantly renewing  my H1B visa while hoping nothing went wrong with the company that was sponsoring me. I find it hillarious that people who had the red carpet rolled out for them and had a green card handed to them on a silver plate, without doing a damn thing to work for it, have the audacity to tell other people to go to the back of a non-existent line. If that's not privilege I don't know what is.

"Look at me! I came legally! You should do the same! Go and win a lottery!"

It also takes a lot of gall to complain about the country becoming more diverse when you yourself got your green card through a scheme called the Diversity Lottery that is specifically designed to make the country more diverse by bringing in more people from a variety of places by opening the border to them at random.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 04:12:37 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 24, 2020, 03:52:38 PM
I remember when some Democrats were happy that Donald "ha can't possibly beat Hillary" Trump took the GOP nomination.

Believe me, I am under no illusions about Bernies viability as a candidate. It was a calculated wager I made. If Bernie did win though, there's an increased chance the Democrats will loose the house and not a chance they'll win the Senate

People wanted change in 2016
Corrupt establishment, bled the country dry etc

https://youtu.be/vST61W4bGm8

They didn't get any
They still want changeb
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 24, 2020, 05:37:22 PM
That's cute. I spent thousands of dollars in lawyers' fees and waited over ten years for mine, constantly renewing  my H1B visa while hoping nothing went wrong with the company that was sponsoring me. I find it hillarious that people who had the red carpet rolled out for them and had a green card handed to them on a silver plate, without doing a damn thing to work for it, have the audacity to tell other people to go to the back of a non-existent line. If that's not privilege I don't know what is.

It also takes a lot of gall to complain about the country becoming more diverse when you yourself got your green card through a scheme called the Diversity Lottery that is specifically designed to make the country more diverse by bringing in more people from a variety of places by opening the border to them at random.

It's the luck of the draw my friend.......I'm sure you've also gotten some good breaks (and bad ones) in life

And lay off the CNN/DNC talking points. Open borders would be absolutely disastrous for this country, and that is exactly what we'd get with a President Warren or President Sanders. These are the extreme views that's going to get Trump re-elected

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on February 24, 2020, 06:05:12 PM
I remember when some Democrats were happy that Donald "ha can't possibly beat Hillary" Trump took the GOP nomination.

Believe me, I am under no illusions about Bernies viability as a candidate. It was a calculated wager I made. If Bernie did win though, there's an increased chance the Democrats will loose the house and not a chance they'll win the Senate

They didn't get any
They still want changeb

Bernie and Trump are essentially third part candidates. It's like all the young ones in Ireland voting for Sinn Fein, without having a clue about them

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 06:55:02 PM

It's the luck of the draw my friend.......I'm sure you've also gotten some good breaks (and bad ones) in life

Hypocrite.

And lay off the CNN/DNC talking points. Open borders would be absolutely disastrous for this country, and that is exactly what we'd get with a President Warren or President Sanders. These are the extreme views that's going to get Trump re-elected

If all the undocumenteds were somehow rounded up and deported, the US economy would collapse and you know it. This country had open borders right up until about 1924 (apart from the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882). It wouldn't exist in its present form without them. "Open borders" is a Fox News talking point that they repeat like a mantra, in the same way that they use the word "liberal" as a term of abuse, in the hope that people will think there's something wrong with open borders without having any idea why. Economists reckon that scrapping international borders would double global GDP. The EU's prosperity is all down to the opening of its internal borders. There's no business case for isolationism. None.

How far we've come from the days when a Republican president railed against borders by standing in Berlin and demanding "Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

whitey

First of all I don't advocate "rounding up and deporting" anyone (except criminals). I even said earlier today that those who are here illegally should be given legal status....a view I have shared many times on here in the past

If I see 12 Democratic Presidential Candidates all raise their hands when asked if they will decriminalize illegal border crossing.....that's open borders in my book. I don't need to watch Fox News to tell me what I just saw with my own two eyes.

And then when asked if they will extend universal Healthcare coverage to all current and future undocumented residents those 12 Democratic Candidates all raise their hands again. You think we have problems now when providing healthcare to the neediest in society.....wait until this $hit show comes to pass.

If Open Borders works so well for the EU, then why did the 2nd largest "net contributor", the UK just pull out. Didn't seem to work too well for them did it?

omaghjoe

Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 10:27:34 PM
First of all I don't advocate "rounding up and deporting" anyone (except criminals). I even said earlier today that those who are here illegally should be given legal status....a view I have shared many times on here in the past

If I see 12 Democratic Presidential Candidates all raise their hands when asked if they will decriminalize illegal border crossing.....that's open borders in my book. I don't need to watch Fox News to tell me what I just saw with my own two eyes.

And then when asked if they will extend universal Healthcare coverage to all current and future undocumented residents those 12 Democratic Candidates all raise their hands again. You think we have problems now when providing healthcare to the neediest in society.....wait until this $hit show comes to pass.

If Open Borders works so well for the EU, then why did the largest "net contributor", the UK just pull out. Didn't seem to work too well for them did it?

...... a quick google should tell you that little titbit of information that you had in your head that doesnt sound right isnt in fact right before putting it into a post

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 24, 2020, 09:08:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 06:55:02 PM

Hypocrite.

If all the undocumenteds were somehow rounded up and deported, the US economy would collapse and you know it. This country had open borders right up until about 1924 (apart from the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882). It wouldn't exist in its present form without them. "Open borders" is a Fox News talking point that they repeat like a mantra, in the same way that they use the word "liberal" as a term of abuse, in the hope that people will think there's something wrong with open borders without having any idea why. Economists reckon that scrapping international borders would double global GDP. The EU's prosperity is all down to the opening of its internal borders. There's no business case for isolationism. None.

How far we've come from the days when a Republican president railed against borders by standing in Berlin and demanding "Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall."
the Bernie bro is in bad form today did ur copy of the daily worker not get dropped off this morning

whitey

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 24, 2020, 10:47:08 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 10:27:34 PM

If Open Borders works so well for the EU, then why did the largest "net contributor", the UK just pull out. Didn't seem to work too well for them did it?

...... a quick google should tell you that little titbit of information that you had in your head that doesnt sound right isnt in fact right before putting it into a post

Corrected-thank you. Hard to do research on an iPhone sitting in an middle seat

omaghjoe

Quote from: whitey on February 24, 2020, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 24, 2020, 06:05:12 PM

They didn't get any
They still want changeb

Bernie and Trump are essentially third part candidates. It's like all the young ones in Ireland voting for Sinn Fein, without having a clue about them

Your right there tho...