Meath Vs Laois , two days from now, around the late evening, in the midlands

Started by thejuice, March 13, 2014, 01:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

I dunno, but I won't be there.  Haven't ventured into the midlands since it was bypassed.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on March 13, 2014, 01:46:53 PM
I dunno, but I won't be there.  Haven't ventured into the midlands since it was bypassed.

Your loss. Ireland's hidden gem.

thejuice

Eamon Wallace out injured after the U21 game vs Louth last night.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Meath could win. It's a funny d2.
But the nihilism of the fans might get to the players. 

thejuice

Mick O'Dowd was reading Nietzsche to lads at half time against Armagh.

Think it was The Art of War last weekend.

Dont Matter

Mick O'Dowd. Dowd. You don't hear that name too often but most people will remember where they heard it first. The former nose breaker and current oil tycoon Tommy Dowd.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

The Boy Wonder

Even money in the betting. Would take a draw.
The way scoring is going this year it's more likely there will be a 5+ points winning margin for Laois Meath.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thejuice

Meath (FL v Laois) -

P O'Rourke;

D Keogan, K Reilly, M Burke;
S Curran, E Harrington, D Carroll;

B Menton, S O'Rourke;

D Tobin, D McDonagh, A Tormey;
B McMahon, S Bray, M Newman.

Same again for Meath.

Eamon Wallace out for the rest of the year with ACL. I wonder how many games he's played the last 3 weeks?

agorm

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=211824

Bad news for Eamonn, really feel for him. Hope that the ridiculous nature of GAA fixture making doesnt make him turn his back on the game.

I am none too happy with the scheduling and Mick O'Dowd has been giving out in this weeks chronicle about the amount of games the players have on......and this was before Eamonn's news.

Also, on the topic in hand someone needs a kick up the a$$ for scheduling the Laois game so that Meath supporters are travelling during the Ireland France rugby game which is one of the country's biggest sporting events of the year, especially in the year BOD is retiring.

I dont think that I will be renewing my season ticket next year.

Jinxy

I couldn't care less about the rugby, but I probably won't go to the game anyway.
Last time I was in Portlaoise I came home with a terrible rash.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

I would say when the word 'grim' was being invented, the inventor probably had this game in the back of his mind!

thejuice

Grim

Etymology
From Proto-Germanic *grimmaz, from Proto-Indo-European *ghrem- ("to thunder"). Cognate with Old Saxon grim, Old High German grim (German grimm, grimmig), Old Norse grimmr (Danish grim), Swedish grym; and with Greek χρεμίζω (chremízo), Old Church Slavonic грьмѣти (grĭměti) (Russian греметь (gremetʹ)), Latvian gremt. Perhaps related in Old Norse to veiled or hooded, Grim is also an alternate name for Odin, who often went around disguised, compare the hooded appearance of The Grim Reaper.