Meath Vs Laois , two days from now, around the late evening, in the midlands

Started by thejuice, March 13, 2014, 01:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on March 13, 2014, 05:54:33 PM
Mick O'Dowd was reading Nietzsche to lads at half time against Armagh.

Think it was The Art of War last weekend.
Nietzsche did say that goals lose matches but I think it was another book

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Jinxy on March 14, 2014, 11:27:29 AM
I couldn't care less about the rugby, but I probably won't go to the game anyway.
Last time I was in Portlaoise I came home with a terrible rash.

I don't think you get to too many games - do you Jinxy ?   ;)

Ard-Rí

Clipped Queen's co. by a just a couple of scores after being double scores down at the break.
I wasn't there but judging by the radio commentary we had to dig very deep to get the win.
Tricky tie against Down next will test us so great to get points on the board.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

I believe Michael Collins was his usual fair & impartial self when it comes to reffing Meath games.

Ard-Rí

When that Louth buck on LMFM thinks Meath should have gotten a free, you know something is amiss.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Sea The Stars

Brendan Cummins a Dunsany man I think.....defo not a Louth man. Doesn't he sit on Leinster Council as Meath's rep. He used to anyway. A very good commentator too that's for sure.

That's a great win for Meath. Didn't go myself but listened to it on the radio, really exciting and good we ended up the the right side of a close game.

Hardy

That was an important win. There's no reason we can't get four more points and stay safe. Of course, there's also no reason we mightn't get any more. The game in Drogheda could be a relegation battle and a chance for Louth to demote us for the second time in three years.

Laois brought on a sub last night. "James Finn comes in," said commentator, Cummins. "Unusual name," said Mattie. I don't know why he said that. It happens to be the name of my grandfather and one of my uncles. Is it strange? And even if it is, what was Mattie's point?

Mattie Kerrigan - strange name. How does he like that?

Jinxy

Hardy

I think I'll just leave it at that. I'm not a man to hold a grudge.

Jinxy

Delighted to hear Shane had a good game last night.
He'll be a huge addition if his injury woes are behind him.

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Hardy on March 16, 2014, 03:17:13 PM
Laois brought on a sub last night. "James Finn comes in," said commentator, Cummins. "Unusual name," said Mattie.

James Finn is from Ballyfin - where Dont Matter hails from (Upper Sconce or Lower Sconce ?).
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 13, 2014, 07:54:16 PM
Mick O'Dowd. Dowd. You don't hear that name too often but most people will remember where they heard it first.

Maybe there has been so much immigration in recent years that we no longer recognise common Irish surnames  :D

Tough job now for Laois to avoid relegation - away to Monaghan and home to Down.

Hardy

Quote from: Jinxy on March 15, 2014, 10:18:51 PM
I believe Michael Collins was his usual fair & impartial self when it comes to reffing Meath games.

They do it just to annoy us. He's not good enough for the championship, but they wheel him out of a richly merited suspension to referee us in the league.

Hardy

It's wide open now with everyone beating each other all over the place.

Only four teams of the thirty two in the whole league have won more than three games out of five.