RTE and SKY Live Coverage of GAA Championships 2014

Started by SLIGONIAN, April 18, 2011, 02:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

I like Spillanes comment where he says the best team is Dublin and the pick of a bad chasing lot is Mayo :( :( :( :( :(.Cannot wait for the Sunday game to start so I can mute the tv when these brilliant minds give there analysis.

our_fella

Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2014, 05:32:11 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 09, 2014, 05:26:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2014, 04:43:07 PM
RTE launch their schedule a week before they're due to start live coverage and a week after the championship has actually started. And people wonder why the GAA got Sky involved.

Sky haven't even told us who their studio team or commentator are so they are hardly ahead of the game either

The Sky schedule was released ages ago. They have the excuse of starting from scratch and wanting to make a big splash announcing their studio team, what exactly are RTE going to do? Get Joe Broly to say something nice about Cavan?

You wont get a chance to hear that... Neither RTE, BBC or Sky are showing Armagh v Cavan  >:(

Itchy

They should just record the conversation there and re run it after every match.would save bringing the lads in. Hopefully sky can freshen up the shit RTE are calling analysis.

BennyHarp

Quote from: maigheo on May 10, 2014, 10:06:10 PM
I like Spillanes comment where he says the best team is Dublin and the pick of a bad chasing lot is Mayo :( :( :( :( :(.Cannot wait for the Sunday game to start so I can mute the tv when these brilliant minds give there analysis.

RTE's key analyst doing a great job promoting the football championship once again there. Really wetting the appetite! 
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Issue driven drivel. Can't wait for sky and their big breasted approach

mylestheslasher

Is someone in RTE being paid to count hand passes and kick passes, it must be a fascinating job.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: maigheo on May 10, 2014, 10:06:10 PM

It's better muted than listening to Canning and Morrisey commentating as well unfortunately! :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

southdown

I have subscribed to premier sports, does it show all games that RTE does?

BennyHarp

Quote from: southdown on May 11, 2014, 04:49:01 PM

Yes, it does. It's a pretty good service but a bit unreliable, for example it lost coverage during the AI final a few years ago and it will have the Sunday Game scheduled to be shown and it will mysteriously be replaced by NASCAR or something. It also shows league games but inconveniently showed this years final deferred on Monday afternoon. Also, no HD is a bit of a pain. But in comparison to what was available a few years ago it is a big improvement.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 11, 2014, 05:01:13 PM
Quote from: southdown on May 11, 2014, 04:49:01 PM

Yes, it does. It's a pretty good service but a bit unreliable, for example it lost coverage during the AI final a few years ago and it will have the Sunday Game scheduled to be shown and it will mysteriously be replaced by NASCAR or something. It also shows league games but inconveniently showed this years final deferred on Monday afternoon. Also, no HD is a bit of a pain. But in comparison to what was available a few years ago it is a big improvement.

Which is exactly the arm-chancing you can't have if you want to have a good streaming service. The GAA better get their infrastructure together and make GAAGO the slam dunk it should be. The fact RTE, themselves barely functional as a streaming provider (sans any HD in 2014 is the definition of backwards), are supposed to manage it makes me a little worried.

Norf Tyrone

So, what games are on live this Sunday then, and where?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

drici

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 12, 2014, 01:19:58 AM

So, what games are on live this Sunday then, and where?

Tyrone v Down is on RTÉ2 at 4-00pm.

drici

Sunday 18 May
Tyrone v Down Ulster Football Championship Round 1 (4pm)

Sunday 25 May
Derry v Donegal Ulster Football Championship QF (2pm)
Cork v Waterford Munster Hurling Championship QF (4pm)

Sunday June 1
Tipperary v Limerick Munster Hurling Championship SF (4pm)

Sunday June 8
Roscommon/Leitrim v Mayo Connacht Football Championship SF (2pm)
Dublin v Wicklow/Laois Leinster Football Championship QF (4pm)

Sunday June 15
Monaghan v Tyrone/Down Ulster Football Championship QF (2pm)
Clare v Cork/Waterford Munster Hurling SF (4pm)

Sunday June 22
Derry/Donegal v Fermanagh/Antrim Ulster Football Championship SF (2pm)
Kilkenny/Offaly v Galway/Qualifier Leinster Hurling Championship SF (4pm)

Sunday June 29
Westmeath/Louth/Kildare v Carlow/Meath Leinster Football Championship SF (2pm)
Longford/Offaly/Wexford v Dublin/Wicklow/Laois Leinster Football Championship SF (4pm)

Syferus

The carrot of the big, loud, obnoxious screen coming to the Hyde if we beat Leitrim. What joy.