The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: trileacman on November 15, 2012, 10:11:57 AM
I used to support the Palestinians in their struggle but the fanaticism on this thread makes it hard to keep it up. Even there you couldn't condemn the deaths of Israeli's without a cheap dig.

I'm not surprised that Israelis were killed today.   
There is no military solution to the problem. Every death in the conflict is pointless.
But Israelis are not interested in changing the status quo either. The whole thing is a dysfunctional system.
The system says Jews are superior to Palestinians and only Jews have the right to live in Greater Israel.
If Palestinians are driven to nihilism maybe the system needs another look. Killing Jews won't solve anything. it's counterproductive as well as wrong but the whole thing is FUBR.   

It's far worse than Sunningdale for slow learners. Hamas are useless but they are no worse than Israel's leaders.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

People "weren't surprised" David Black was killed either. Others condemned the killing.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on November 15, 2012, 10:21:33 AM
People "weren't surprised" David Black was killed either. Others condemned the killing.

I don't think killing anyone for political reasons is justified Hardy. Maybe it would help to say that Gaza is more like a drugs feud than anything else.

Norn Irn is run on the basis of the rule of law.  Gaza isn't. There is no court for Gazans who are killed by Israel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTaPGAvEdF0

Perhaps there will be if the Palestinians get a majority at the UN vote on observer status. That would allow them to bring Israeli war criminals to the ICC.   

Nally Stand

I used to support the Palestinians in their struggle but the fanaticism on this thread makes it hard to keep it up. Even there you couldn't condemn the deaths of Israeli's without a cheap dig.

So your level of commitment to supporting the people of Palestine is chiefly determined by what some Galway fella writes on a discussion forum?  :o
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

trileacman

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 15, 2012, 10:43:13 AM

So your level of commitment to supporting the people of Palestine is chiefly determined by what some Galway fella writes on a discussion forum?  :o

When you see the type of rhetoric you are associating with it can be hard to associate yourself with the same, yes. Similar to people losing faith in militant republicanism when it commits to drive by shootings of prison officers along the M1.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2012, 10:20:01 AM

There is no military solution to the problem. Every death in the conflict is pointless.
But Israelis are not interested in changing the status quo either. The whole thing is a dysfunctional system.
The system says Jews are superior to Palestinians and only Jews have the right to live in Greater Israel.
If Palestinians are driven to nihilism maybe the system needs another look. Killing Jews won't solve anything. it's counterproductive as well as wrong but the whole thing is FUBR.   

It's far worse than Sunningdale for slow learners. Hamas are useless but they are no worse than Israel's leaders.
The exact same rhetoric is used by the anti-Zionist side which regularly calls for the destruction of Israel. No-one here is saying that Hamas are worse than the Israeli leaders but a balanced opinion now and again such as that last post wouldn't go amiss.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Nally Stand

Quote from: trileacman on November 15, 2012, 11:00:13 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 15, 2012, 10:43:13 AM

When you see the type of rhetoric you are associating with it can be hard to associate yourself with the same, yes. Similar to people losing faith in militant republicanism when it commits to drive by shootings of prison officers along the M1.

OK, so when it comes to forming your opinions, Seafoids writings carry equal weight as people who shoot prison guards?  ???

I just never though you were the type of person who would be so easily led that you would change your outlook on a major world conflict solely because of what some lad in Galway wrote on a gaa forum!

seafoid

Quote from: trileacman on November 15, 2012, 11:06:37 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2012, 10:20:01 AM

The exact same rhetoric is used by the anti-Zionist side which regularly calls for the destruction of Israel. No-one here is saying that Hamas are worse than the Israeli leaders but a balanced opinion now and again such as that last post wouldn't go amiss.
Trileacman

Have a look at this interview with a senior Israeli minister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPVTC9frqMA

It's not some dispute over a field. Do the Palestinians have the right to live in "Greater Israel".

A senior member of Netanyahu's government says they don't. Apartheid is what they have and if they don't like it they can f*** off.   

There isn't going to be a Palestinian state. Why not? 

Ball DeBeaver

To read some of the bull on this thread you would think Israel are just firing at will at the civilians of Gaza. They aren't. Hamas and it's allies are firing indiscriminately into Israel, with the hope that they kill as many jews as possible. Israel are specifically targetting known senior terrorist members, weapons caches and firing points for rockets. All of these are using the civilian population of Gaza as cover.
If Israel just wanted to kill as many pals as possible, then it could use some of it's considerable weaponry at their disposal, not just the odd missile at a moving car.
Civilian casualties are deeply regretted, and should be avoided, but sometimes they are unavoidable. The strike on     al jabari is a good example of how Israel target these people. His car was allowed to reach the junction (the widest point) to minimise the number of civilians in the area.
If Israel were to fire indiscriminately at unarmed civilians, I would have no hesitation in condeming them for it, as I have in the past. If the pals were to target only military targets in their rocket attacks, I could not condem them for it. They don't. They only target civilians, and as long as they do that then I will continue to demonise these vile pieces of filth as the murdering scum they are.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

Ball DeBeaver

Miraculous Recovery by Injured Gaza Man?

Pallywood is in high gear as Gazans dupe BBC viewers in time-honored style.

AAFont Size
By Gil Ronen
First Publish: 11/15/2012, 5:25 PM

Barely one day into the fighting in Hamas-run Gaza, the locals are hard at work playing the victim for the world's press.

Footage from the BBC captured by watchdog group Honest Reporting shows a heavy man lying on the ground and being carried away by residents, apparently after being injured by an Israeli attack.

Moments later, that same man again fills the frame, except he is walking about and obviously unhurt.

The widespread staging of such victim situations is a favored tactic of Arabs fighting Israel and has come to be known as "Pallywood." Because Israel is stronger militarily, the Arabs cling to the underdog image of poor refugees under occupation and siege by evil Israelis, thus eliciting sympathy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kvaUmIB87-M

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pallywood, where everyone is a victim.

Don't believe everything you are told about the Israelis, and certainly don't believe everything you see.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

seafoid

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on November 15, 2012, 04:26:03 PM

Miraculous Recovery by Injured Gaza Man?

Pallywood is in high gear as Gazans dupe BBC viewers in time-honored style.

AAFont Size
By Gil Ronen
First Publish: 11/15/2012, 5:25 PM

Barely one day into the fighting in Hamas-run Gaza, the locals are hard at work playing the victim for the world's press.

Footage from the BBC captured by watchdog group Honest Reporting shows a heavy man lying on the ground and being carried away by residents, apparently after being injured by an Israeli attack.

Moments later, that same man again fills the frame, except he is walking about and obviously unhurt.

The widespread staging of such victim situations is a favored tactic of Arabs fighting Israel and has come to be known as "Pallywood." Because Israel is stronger militarily, the Arabs cling to the underdog image of poor refugees under occupation and siege by evil Israelis, thus eliciting sympathy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kvaUmIB87-M

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pallywood, where everyone is a victim.

Don't believe everything you are told about the Israelis, and certainly don't believe everything you see.
It's obviously the Messiah ! 

TBH this Israeli propaganda is sick when Israel is  killing civilians in Gaza.

And when a whole people is denied basic rights because they aren't Jewish , because they weren't chosen by God, they are all victims.

Ball DeBeaver

I see you have the sense not to deny it. Thats a good boy, you're learning.  ;)
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

fitzroyalty

Anyone siding with the Israelis need their f**king head looked at.

seafoid

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on November 15, 2012, 04:47:41 PM
I see you have the sense not to deny it. Thats a good boy, you're learning.  ;)
I presume its BS like most hasbara. Even if it were true it won't keep Israeli commanders away from the ICC
when TSHTF .
the notion that Israel is a normal country that just wants peace is ludicrous.