Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: dublin7 on October 16, 2018, 05:31:41 PM
I pointed out MMA has no standard it won't go below. You equated it to Tyson's antics in boxing. I agree it's nothing to do with Gaelic Football and I never said it was. You somehow went down that tangent.

Although one thing GAA and UFC has in common is the fact athletes in both sports refuse to accept responsibility for their actions

I may have picked you up wrong when you said 'your sport'. I wasn't equating. I was giving an example to show it isn't just McGregor and/or UFC where such depths are reached

Pmk1987

McGregor is a national treasure but the difference in his manner from the day he bust onto the scene and today I feel has gone a bit sour. Maybe he has forgot his roots. I understand he takes mental warfare to a different level but whilst he used to be hilarious he is now not much more than pure embarrassing. Does anyone agree?

APM

Quote from: Pmk1987 on October 17, 2018, 09:58:02 AM
McGregor is a national treasure

Are you taking the piss?  Ewan McKenna summed him up well!!

Hound

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 16, 2018, 11:36:17 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 16, 2018, 10:50:20 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 16, 2018, 09:00:38 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 15, 2018, 07:22:25 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 15, 2018, 07:12:25 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 15, 2018, 07:03:20 PM
I got the impression it was the 1sf time he seen it and didn't realise what it was like. God forbid be then does some research before writing the piece
As stated, this is his 2nd article calling for it to be banned. The 1st was 2 and a half years ago.

It's a pity it didn't happen. To think there was talk of awarding the freedom of the city to Conor McGregor. It seems there is nothing you can't say or do to promote a fight as long it brings in the Pay per views

That's not just limited to MMA tho

True, but the stuff McGregor comes out with is outrageous and frankly family/religion/race of his opponents are areas he seems to take particular enjoyment in insulting. Also using footage of him throwing stuff at the bus previously to promote the fight was ridiculous. That was something you would expect from the WWE, except all their story lines are scripted and not real life!

He is a different character altogether . But look at boxing. Didn't Tyson threaten to eat Lewis' kids. Haye with a tshirt if him holding the devapitated heads of the Klitschko brothers. They just want to sell fights and they stoop to very low levels to do so
Exactly. But for some reason people (Irish people in particular) think McGregor is being serious when he's talking nonsense in the fight build ups! It's all a big pretence (unreal that that has to be stated!). If you don't like this stuff in boxing, then you'll hate it in UFC, but it sells tickets, so they'll keep doing it in both sports.

When he slagged Khabib off for not taking a slug of his whiskey, you'd all the snowflakes saying he's abusing Khabib about being a Muslim! Even Khabib didn't think that. Khabib said he insulted his country and his family. Didn't refer to race or religion. And Khabib slagged off the Irish too. But I know he doesn't actually give two fooks whether Irish people speak Irish or English just like McGregor doesn't know or care whether Dagestan is a backward place or not.

Brolly knows well his audience, and they'll lap it up.

The bus episode was a disaster of course. But it was definitely pre-planned. McGregor and his goons let into the area and told exactly where to go. Khabib said he's positive the bus driver was told to wait, as the bus started to leave, then he reversed, then a few minutes later the boys arrived. And cameras everywhere to cover it. Of course, McGregor went well beyond the plan by breaking windows! And only himself to blame for the trouble that landed him in.

Throw ball

Joe will be back on Crossmaglen band wagon. He was at Athletic Grounds today to see a great game of football with 1 goal and 39 points scored with only 5 from placed balls. Nothing wrong with football if coaches encourage players to play in a progressive manner.

tonto1888

Quote from: Throw ball on October 21, 2018, 08:18:52 PM
Joe will be back on Crossmaglen band wagon. He was at Athletic Grounds today to see a great game of football with 1 goal and 39 points scored with only 5 from placed balls. Nothing wrong with football if coaches encourage players to play in a progressive manner.

He seemed to enjoy it alright. Was a very good game

Jim Bob

Where you watching Brolly watching the match ?

oakleaflad

300 pages. Joe will be loving this!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 22, 2018, 10:47:27 AM
300 pages. Joe will be loving this!

I'm sure he's logging in every night just to check where its got to  ;D
i usse an speelchekor

Applesisapples

UFC is not sport it is thuggery akin to the Roman's with the gladiators. McGregor far from being a treasure is a National embarassment.

Keyser soze

Better lock this thread!!!

banker

Quote from: the_daddy on December 05, 2018, 10:52:51 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on December 05, 2018, 10:41:36 AM
Better lock this thread!!!

What's he done now?

Video doing the rounds this morning of brolly in a bar/club. Lets just say he was up to no good!

GetOverTheBar

Man was just getting rid of a wasp flying very close to that young ladies body.

Nothing doing!

haranguerer